“Is good if you are there for business” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montini Hotel

You added Montini Hotel to your Saves list
Montini Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Giuseppe di Vittorio 39, 20068 Peschiera Borromeo, Italy   |
Turin
“Is good if you are there for business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you are looking for a nice hotel with a good value for money while you are in the Milano Linate area for business, this is definetly your place. If you are looking for a tourist hotel, you may not find this one suitable for you, unless you plan to depart from Linate.

The rooms are not the biggest ones, but they are quite cozy. The hotel is isolated from the tourist path, but you can still find 3 or 4 more than decent restaurant at a walking distance. The hotel has a very secure car park. If you actually decide to stay at the Montini Hotel and to have a look in Milan city centre, you will find a Metro stop about 10 minutes by car. So, you may want to use a taxi.

There is no gymn, but the morning breakfast pay for itself: genuine and tasty products (best juices ever) help you to start your business day with a positive note.

The minibar is not filled with lots of staff, but it's free! The personnell speaks English.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boulder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We weren't sure what to expect because Linate Airport is less used by foreigners than Malpensa so there aren't as many hotel reviews. We had never previously found good value at any Milan airport, and the reviews are very mixed, so it was hard to choose. We ended up reserving the Montini the night before departure simply because it was one of the least expensive, and we weren't expecting much. It turned out to exceed expectations. The best part was the breakfast, unusual in an Italian hotel because it went beyond the typical continental breakfasts to offer scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, nice fruit salad. We were also pleased with the free and secure outdoor parking because we had rented a car and an Italian review of a large hotel in the area mentioned auto break-ins. It seems like this hotel has gone through a recent renovation and we found it clean throughout and the decor minimalist but pleasing. The room area immediately around the bed was limited in size, with room for a desk, but it had a narrow hall into this area so the room seemed big enough. This hall went past a good-sized bathroom with new fixtures and a closet with a safe. There were also French doors opening onto a large balcony that goes the length of the building but separated by pots for each room (would have been nice to have had outdoor chairs.) The staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, and professional. Hotel is in industrial area but quiet. Saw a number of business people staying here. However, only a couple outlets in the room (so if you are more than one person and have more than a phone and laptop to plug in you should carry a multiplug extension, which we're going to start to do for cases like this, both domestic & abroad.) Also, Internet was 5 euro/hr to connect, so we used the desktop in the front lobby and connected long enough just to check in for our flight. Saw a shuttle van at the hotel, but we didn't use it since we had the car. Airport is very close, but you have to drive around a lake between it and the hotel so it takes about 15 minutes with traffic.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
montini39, Owner at Montini Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thanks
Arnhem, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

This time I was given a single bed room. Small, but ok if you stay for business only and for a few days only.

Asked for upgrade, but this was not possible.

The hotel is located in the hart of an idustry area, so if you are there for business, it is ok. Breakfast is poor quality. Dried out sandwiches, eggs etc. No restaurant.

Expensive Internet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I'm the first english review! I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and was very impressed. Its a very modern hotel although it seems to be largely aimed at business travellers and Italian business travellers the staff was very helpful and spoke really good English and were all very helpful.

It doesn't have its own restaurant although the one to the front of the hotel is really good, highly recommend. The Mini bar seems good value and is kept well stocked.

Internet is very cheap! 15 euros for 24 consecutive access, unlike most hotels in Milan where its over 20 euros for 24 hours access if you use it or not.

I stayed in the superior room, which although a little small was still very comfortable, it has a desk area which helps to hold all my junk! The power plug on the desk means i can use the laptop from the bed which is better for me! The room is really overlooked though and I feel i need to keep the curtains closed, the balcony is a nice plus when the curtains are open. The room is always clean although I keep finding long hairs which I'm sure aren't mine?!!

Some slightly annoying/petty quirks, Theres no bath :( and there's no English language TV channels (in fact I think its only Italian channels which seems a bit strange), I couldn't work out how to work the climate control it seems to just have a mind of its own, I'm sure if I asked they would show me although I can't be bothered to ask (They didnt give too much information away at check in so I found myself asking lots of basic details (I guessed how to connect to the internet!) perhaps they could have some information leaflet in the room?). The temperature seems comfortable enough although it was a bit chilly at night and there's no quits on the bed just a sheet, although a woollen throw is about but I can't stand wool.

I didn't use the bar and I only had breakfast once (The breakfast seems ok but I don't do continental breakfast), there was only Grapefruit and Pineapple juice, no apple or orange?! I'm not going to moan about the location because there's not much you can do about it! They do have a minibus although I didn't use it and not sure if its free or not.

Its a nice hotel, a really good three star and would highly recommend it, I would really stay for leisure if I was in need of a Hotel in Linate.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Montini Hotel? Share your experiences!