Upon arrival at the hotel we tried to check in - the one man on reception was very busy trying to deal with several clients at once as well as answering the phone every 30 seconds (probably angry clients ringing to complain). After waiting 20 minutes for him to find someone to show us to our room we were eventually able to settle in. We went down to the reception to find the cafe for a coffee and a snack which the hotel information said was open 24 hours only to find that there was no one there and we had to go back to reception to ask him for help, after another 20 minutes we were finally served a cold cappucino and no food was available. Back to the room for a shower, only to find that the very smart multi jet shower that looked very nice did not work due to there not being enough water pressure on the 3rd floor unless you wanted a cold shower!
We then made the mistake of dining at the hotel restaurant, the brochure made mention of top class chefs and michelin stars, but I guess that was in a former life as the food and service we encountered was appalling. My wife was served her meal and after waiting 10 minutes for mine to arrive, hers was cold, mine finally arrived after she had eaten hers and mine looked so bad, I sent it back without tasting it and we walked out, the waitress couldn't understand why!!!
The best western brochure advertises this hotel as a four star hotel at a three star price, personally I wouldn't give it a two star rating but it certainly had a four star price. Most of the services advertised in the marketing material were sub standard or not available at all. This was the most expensive hotel thet we stayed at in Italy and was by far the worst. We are still waiting for there response to our comments.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Fiano Romano
- Fiano Romano Best Western
- Best Western Park Hotel Rome/Fiano Romano, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 800 metres from the Roma Nord toll booth on the A1 motorway and 16 km from the Rome ring road. The position, private car park with 70 spaces, connections to the Milan/Naples/L'Aquila motorways and proximity to Rome make this an excellent venue for conferences and area meetings. Also ideal for day trips to Rome and areas north of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Best Western Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.