“International Hotel brand but lousy service” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Alliance Hotel Paris Porte Saint Ouen to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Alliance Hotel Paris Porte Saint Ouen
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue de la Fontaine 9, 93400 Saint Ouen, France (Formerly Holiday Inn Garden Court Paris Porte de Saint Ouen)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Saint Ouen
Singapore
“International Hotel brand but lousy service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Our hotel stay was arranged by our Tour Manager. It's suppose to be a 3/ or 4 stars but it turn out to be less.
The reception desk staffs are unfriendly and rude. The rooms are not well maintained. We have changed rooms. They are so reluctant to change but we insisted.
1st room the air conditioner control - spoiled and it dropped off from the wall.
2nd room the lock of the door was spoiled
I bet they will repair the next day even they promised to look into it the next day.
If they really take it seriously, we could not even find any fault in the room during check in. The fault has been lying there for days/weeks/ or even months.
Luckily, we stayed there for 2 nights. If given the choice to choose, we will not stay there and that is for sure!! one rotten egg will spoil the basket of eggs.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed here in March 2012, OK at best, very small rooms, dirty hallways, not the best area of Paris, homeless people sleeping nearby. Passable but only stay here if you're stuck. Breakfast was good actually.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pensacola Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

I just returned from Paris, staying in the Holiday Inn for New Years.

Although the room is very clean (aside from the fact that the bathroom smelled like urine), my experience was bad.

Breakfast is 15€, and it wasn't even good. I ended up going around the corner to the Barry and getting breakfast much cheaper every morning.

I accidentally left my watch laying on the nightstand, and it was stolen. I'm currently working with Holiday Inn in regards to this.

The hotel staff is not overly friendly, but much nicer than most French people living in Paris.

The metro is relatively close, but it isn't somewhere you would want to let your guard down, especially at night. There are gypsies around and a bridge you have to walk under than wasn't very well lit. Once I reached the alley every night, I was relieved because it was fairly well lit and safer feeling.

Pros:
- Clean rooms
- Rooms are nicely laid out, even though they are small compared to rooms in the USA
- Staff will help you
- Close to metro
- Very comfortable beds

Cons:
- Cleaning crew stole my watch
- Rooms are small (expected in Europe though)
- Area feels unsafe (although I experienced no problems)
- Room was ridiculously hot and wouldn't cool down without the window being open.

• Stayed January 2012
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stayed in this hotel in Dec 2011 as part of the Contiki tour. The road in front of the hotel was too narrow for our bus to stop so we had to drag our luggage from the drop off area, which is about 2mins walk, so it's not too bad. The lifts (apparently quite common in Europe) are so small only 2 people with about 4 luggages can enter. Our assigned room is on the third floor, instead of waiting for ages (48 of us!) we just carry our luggage up the stairs.

The room is shockingly tiny(between the bed and the wall and less than my arm's length). I mean really tiny. there isn't space to store 2 luggages. I think the use of space is probably not the best, since it's a tiny room, there isn't much point having a bath and shower over. Basin area is tiny so there isn't much space for toiletries. Tv is seated above the small desk (smart) and this hotel (out of the rest in our trip) provides a kettle, which i had took for granted that it's a norm thing in every hotel.

Although small, it appears to be clean. There are sheets provided(many hotel in Europe don't!) and you can open the window for fresh air. Heater works too. English channels(BBC, CNN) are available on the TV program.

On the back of the door, it published it's rates, which is about 200Euro for 1 night stay. Frankly I will not even pay 100E for this hotel in this location, which is about 15mins walk to the nearest Metro station (Saint-Ouen) which you can't see it on the main metro map, and it's another 15-20mins ride to the city. One way ticket cost E1.70.

As for breakfast, although we have a cut down version for the breakfast(because of the tour), where we are seated we can see the main breakfast area for other guest and it appears to have hot food. our breakfast is not too shabby, different types of beverages are provided, ham, cheese and different types of pastry, bread and yoghurt are given too.
I find the prices of drinks rather high(E7 for a glass of house wine) but i guess it wouldn't be considered high given it's a Holiday Inn branding.

Summary- it's clean and decent so I won't complain. But it will not be my choice of hotel if i'm travelling independently.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Paris is always a night mare but this hotel tucked away in a side street just off a main road was an oasis.
Parking always a premium in a major city non more so than Paris is easy with out door parking behind gates or for a little extra in the underground carpark . Both have large spaces for modern cars.
The actual rooms were very clean and well appointed with kettle etc .
Meals were good and the bar was great . one thing to note is that the resteraunt is closed in the evening at weekends.
If your looking for a down side to this hotel it can only be the area. its surrounded with kebab shops and its not that close to a tourist site.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
UAE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Ok, so again, a Garden Court Hotel. For me this was the second one on my French extravaganza. Let it be said, this is NOT in the city of Paris, in fact it's miles away, however the station is very close, so no problems there, however I would have liked to have been a bit more in the city, however that's just a me thing.

Saint Ouen is a pretty wild place, a University Town, but can I say the fresh food market is stunning. The food was OMG wow, and quite reasonable. The bakeries are also excellent in the area.

Is it safe? Is Paris safe, well, I'm a big bloke, but yes I felt a little scared in this area. It's not the most welcoming of Areas. I think there are definitely better areas in Paris to stay.

It's about 30 mins from the airport and I guess about the same from the city centre of Paris.

Staff were friendly enough, though inconsistent. I found it difficult to get them to confirm my airport transfer.

Biggest downfall was that this hotel had a lot of tour series. Now I was only there for two days and there was a big one from with China or Japan and one from Australia that checked in. It just meant that lobby was noisy, always crowded (and it's tiny) and there was a big bus out the front.

I also couldn't early check in, understandable and my fault, but it would have made things better.

anyway. all in all, not bad, rooms small, which is expected. I just found the whole thing a bit lethargic, staff, hotel, area etc

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Bransgore, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed hre for a weekend on my own.

Good Points
St Ouen Metro is 400m away, line 13 straight down to Champs Elysee, or change to 2 for Pigalles and Montmartre / Anvers.
Rooms are clean and tidy.
Concierge service 24/7
Many nationalities staying as popular with coach trips.
conveniently placed on Blvd Peripherique.

Bad Points:
Coach Parties were dominating the place with difficulty getting breakfast due to numbers.
Bar closes at 11! What!
Area is a bit rundown with a few north african bars round and about. Not worthy of a visit.
between hotel and metro yuo will have to walk past Roma, drunks, junkies and prostitutes.
There is no threat, or begging, just street people and poverty.
Beyond the metro it get progressively better.

Summary:
It cost me 85 Euros a night and it was only 1400 metres from the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre.
Musee d'Orsay The Louvre, Tuilleries, only half hour away on the metro

That remains excellent value, much better than anything London could offer.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back face away from the BP and are quieter