“Not good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Paris Porte d'Italie Ouest

and 1 more site!
You added Ibis Budget Paris Porte d'Italie Ouest to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Paris Porte d'Italie Ouest
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6/15 Rue Elisee Reclus, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France (Formerly Etap Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kremlin Bicetre
Los Angeles, California
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

The room itself wasn't too bad (though I did get locked in the bathroom), but it was dirty and incredibly smoky. Maybe I'm used to hotels that are non-smoking, but it was so bad the hallways were hazy, my clothes constantly smelled of smoke and I couldn't wear my contacts. It's near a Metro stop (though on the outskirts of the city), so it is pretty easy to get around. The breakfast consisted of bread, cereal, watery orange juice and terrible coffee (the only time I've ever had bad coffee in Paris!). It may not have been too bad if it hadn't been for the cigarette smoke.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North-East England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

We stayed two nights in August 2006 en route from Poitou-Charentes to Boulogne. The hotel is conveniently situated close to several arterial roads and metro stations and has a secure underground car park. It is thus a convenient choice for car travellers on a budget who want to sightsee in Paris without the car. (Beware the drive-out exit from the car park, however - it involves - or involved at that time - a swift manoeuvre with a card key in order to get the car through a "guillotine" up-and-over door on a steep ramp within a timescale of half a minute.)

If it hadn't been for the fire alarm I would have said this was not bad as chain budget hotels go. However, at 2 am on our second night, the fire alarm sounded. We grabbed passports, money and coats and made for the nearest staircase (I seem to remember that the fire exit indicator signs were either non-existent or misleading). From all floors of this multi-storey building people were emerging and moving downstairs in a state of some anxiety. This included a considerable number of families with young children. As we were walking downstairs the alarm stopped and instructions were shouted up the stairwells (i don't know from whom they originated) that there was no fire and that all guests should return to their rooms. This seemed to me in direct contradiction to what I'd been taught of fire drill: make for an assembly point out of doors (which would allow each floor to be checked) and wait for further instructions. There were no fire crews that i could see. Everyone went back to their rooms in some trepidation, but there were no further alarms. The following day our family had to set off immediately after breakfast, otherwise I would have tried to find out from a manager why the alarm went off.

Reading of the appalling experiences of the group from Bucharest in terms of false alarms in the night, I thought it worthwhile to tell site users that others had had similar problems at this Etap hotel. Given what other reviewers have said about thefts there, is the fire alarm a scam to get guests out of their rooms (maybe leaving them unlocked) so that thieves can work through guests' belongings?

• Liked — Price, secure car park, ease of access to main through roads
  • Disliked — False fire alarm and poorly signed fire exits, windows unable to be opened, dangerous exit from car park
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

Me and my wife we stayed 4 nights at this hotel during our short visit in Paris. The hotel is located 500m away from Porte d'Italie metro station, close to the highway - but it doesn't matter because it is really quiet in the room. Most of the time we spent on sight-seeing so we just sleep there. The reception girls was helpful, even not speak any english. But the other reception people spoke english.

The room was pretty small, with one big bed for 2 people, and one more bed above for additional 3rd person. Room was clean, with airconditioning, small tv-set, small but clean bathroom.

We paid 55 Euro/night (52 Euro 1 person + 3 Euro for additional person) and 5 Euro/person/day for breakfast. Breakfast was really simple, just some bread, jam, milk, coffee, youghurt, orange juice. But I didn't expect nothing more in France (and for this price ;-).

We felt safe in this hotel and outside. About 300m away there are some nice restaurants where you can eat lunch/dinner.

In general - I would recommend this hotel to any tourist for a short and cheap stay in Paris.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Koprivnica, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2005

I spend 10 nights in this hotel ( end of November, 2005). It has everything you need: good bad, clean room, hot water, Tv. It has a double bad and third bad over double. Window is without knob so you need to ask for it. Then they open the window and take away the knob!!! Room does not have a closet. Dificult for three persons for 10 days. Sink is in room, shower door are in room. Only wc is separate room. Strange from begining but you get use to it. Price is 47 €/room/day. Breakfast is 4, but just drinks, jam and butter. Not for us. Metro is 500 m away ( you can use card orange ). The cheapest way to be in Paris for three persons. Expect photos later.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

Had a one night stop over at paris as I wanted to visit some museams the next day before going home in france. I checked in late at night at around 10 pm and from then on was a night of nonsensical confusion. First, the wrong room was assigned to me, and I entered a room with clients inside half dressed! The receptionist apologised and gave me a new room key. This time it was right and I left the room after bathing so as to get some dinner and drinks at paris. I came back to the hotel only at 4am in the morning and found that my bag was rummaged and my valuables were stolen. The door of the room was slightly ajar, not tempered. The hotel staff asked if I was careless enough to have left it open. Unfortunately for those who are out to sabotage me, I ALWAYS check the door twice before moving off so it was clearly a case of a thief who had access to the room. How can this happen? After a few days the hotel staff called and said that they had given some one else my room key accidentally and that customer had stolen my things between 11 pm to 4 am. Even if its s true, it is really unacceptable.
In a nutshell, I think its not really a nice area to stay in. Along the roads, I saw empty wallets and bags, I think they are likely to be stolen goods too.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

For the price ($40 eu/ night) we got a triple room for 3 people on a budget. The location is right on the southern edge of the city so going in was only a 15min drive (since we had a rental car anyways). The room was emaculate and brand new furniture. The standup shower and sink is right in the room, but the toilet is behind a door, like a closet. For anyone on a budget, this place is definitely worth it because it's safe and clean, and all the other Etaps around the country are just as reliable.

• Stayed August 2003
The Hague, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2004

The location was excellent for me since I came by car and did not want to enter Paris with it. The Boulevard Périphérique is right at your feet but the sound insulation is excellent. It's a ten minutes walk to the Porte d'Italie metro station. The fairly large rooms are air conditioned, but strangely the chamber maids switch it off when they clean your room. I complained about this and the friendly receptionist asked a chamber maid about it. She said they always did that, which seemed to surprise the receptionist. It is weird - in another French Etap Hotel the airco was at 22 degrees Celcius when I arrived, and they did not touch it during my stay. The tv's remote control is fixed to one side of the bed, which tells us that some travellers steal anything they can lay their hands on.
During breakfast (6-10 AM), two sorts of bread (including the essential baguette) had ran out by 8.45. Only slices of soft bread were left. And there was a brief moment when there were no coffee cups. An American guest asked for 'cups' but only when he formed one with his hands, the employee understood. 'Ah, des tasses'.

• Stayed September 2004

Been to Ibis Budget Paris Porte d'Italie Ouest? Share your experiences!