“Decent for the Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie

You added Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie to your Saves list
Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Bld Du General De Gaulle, 94270 Kremlin Bicetre, France   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kremlin Bicetre
Thunder Bay
“Decent for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

This hotel was an interesting one. The lobby seemed up scale, while the rooms did not. The rooms were okay. It was clean but the rooms themselves were old. The location of the hotel is close enough to the Eiffel Tower.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Younes H, Directeur général at Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing us your vision of our hotel. We are in a constant improvement and your opinions are welcome.

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

The size of the rooms were ok. And the standard of the rooms fair enough.
Staff wass not very helpfull, and at times seemed rude.
Brekafast at the hotel doesn't have a great selection, and was frequently out of items.

But for the price we paid, I guess we can't excpect musch more.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing us your vision of our hotel, we are in a constant improvement and your opinion are welcome. We took your remarks and we are sorry for the discomfort caused by this situation. I am going to talk to my staff and work harder with my co-workers to improve our service. Our objective is to give full satisfaction to our customers.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

Stayed here in November with a Contiki tour. The rooms were kind small but the bathroom was a decent size and the shower didnt leak. The beds were comfy and the window opened which was nice. The food was decent, nothing to complain about. The wifi worked well in the rooms.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Younes H, Gérant at Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Dear Kaitlin,

We are very happy to notice that you appreciated your stay in our hotel and hope to see you again very soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

I was here as part of a tour group earlier this week and was witness to some less than satisfactory customer service. I have stayed in my fair share of budget hotels and hostels, and this was definitely on the less savory side of things. The twin beds were about 6" apart and so narrow, you could barely turn over - and I'm not a big girl.

There were three towels a room - one per person and one for the floor. The wifi was spotty, and didn't work at all in the lobby. However, all of that was tolerable - the shower worked well, the bathroom was clean, the beds seemed clean, etc.

Had my roommate not gotten bit by a bedbug, I would have probably given this a solid three stars. Unfortunately - she did. Not only that, but the hotel's receptionist was less than professional about the situation. There were many things that could have been done to rectify the situation - but there was no offer to wash and dry our clothes, to minimize the exposure or the chance of bringing bedbugs home, etc. Instead, it had to be asked of the hotel staff, and when it was, we received a pretty crappy attitude.

Again, I usually try to see the silver lining in things, but was really disappointed in the hotel's lack of response, lack of consideration, and lack of customer service. This could have been an entirely different review had the receptionist at the desk been more proactive rather than reactive. It also could have been an entirely different review if I felt like there was any sort of understanding or compassion - traveling and worrying about bedbugs can detract one's experience, and I wasn't even the one bitten.

I do appreciate that they laundered our clothes, but there seemed to be a disconnect about the best way to treat possible bedbug exposure. Needless to say, that was my last night at the Campanile.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I t is dirty,smelly,terrible place in a weird neighborhood
I would not recommend this hotel even for free.
I booked a room on line ,then I was told I booked it for the prior month.Since they credited my card for five nights .They refused to reimburse me for the full five nights! After begging the central reservation and hours of discussions over the phone,I was granted one night .I had to take that night as I had no choice.boy! It was a nightmare !
Yes I had this incident but it is not what is making me report badly on it .The incident was actually an illustration of how bad is the hotel and it's management.
An other warning,while I was doing the booking on line I was asked to purchase a pass called"pass for you"it was supposed to guaranty a room and a number of discounts on meals.The guy at the restaurant of the hotel did not acknowledge it at all.Yes ,there is a guaranty to get you a room if you reserve at the last moment but at the highest price which was 134 euros plus taxes.
Yes the staff at the desk was compassionate but terrorized by management .The wifi worked well.

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel was ok and the area was ok too.

The room was clean, except for the odd musty cigarette-like smell in the room (it did disappear when window was opened for a while). It is a budget hotel so you get what you pay for, but perhaps the rooms need some basic maintenance work; the handle of the window in my room seemed to be broken and made it difficult to get the window closed, and also the lock of the door did not feel that secure, it felt like it was a little bit broken too.

The staff was friendly, but in my opinion they were not very proactive in serving the customers. Felt weird to wait at the reception, when one staff member was serving customers, and more members of the staff were behind the reception desk just standing around and talking to each other when there were guests waiting.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Younes H, Directeur général at Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie, responded to this review, November 12, 2014

Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I was at the Campanile with my wife for a conference in the nearby conference rooms. This hotel is pretty aligned to what the Campanile chain offers. It was clean with somewhat small rooms (but average by Paris standards). The personnel was nice and attentive. The food is average (cold buffet and normal hotel fare a la carte). One night, there were some very noisy young folks outside our window.

I've always stayed in hotels that were closer to the inner arrondissements while in Paris so this was a stretch for me. I can't say I was positively surprised by le Kremlin-Bicetre.

In conclusion, we were there for a conference so it was a no brainer to stay there but we wouldn't necessarily stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Younes H, Directeur général at Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie, responded to this review, October 22, 2014

Director

Been to Campanile Paris Sud - Porte D'Italie? Share your experiences!