“Ticks plenty of boxes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Westminster & Spa

You added Hotel Westminster & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Westminster & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue du Verger, 62520 Le Touquet – Paris-Plage, France   |
London
“Ticks plenty of boxes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. The room was fine for a brief stay - quite spacious and comfortable, but not overly equipped. As a place to sleep, shower, eat a good breakfast and return to each day, it is absolutely fine. Price was reasonable, and the food in the restaurant very good. Whilst some of the hotel may look a little dated, it appears they are refurbishing a lot of it and I did see a room which had been completed - very nice indeed! The building itself is a beautiful place, and it clearly has a lot of history. It's also a fantastic central location. I will definitely stay again, and next time will sample the main restaurant with the Michelin star.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lydia L, Responsable réception at Hotel Westminster & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on the Westminster Hotel & Spa and your experience.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Westminster Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Kind regards,
Lydia Launay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Location, location location. That is what they say and that is what this hotel does. We stayed here whilst on a golfing holiday so took 8 rooms. The hotel, Art Deco style, is in a process of continual modernisation but that does not make itself apparent in a way of interfering with you stay. My room was one of the older ones but was clean and allowed a really good nights sleep. A bit quirky to have a shower in the bath without a curtain but strangely it worked in that I had a good shower and the floor remained fairly dry.
Breakfast was very good and diner was excellent value. They do a buffet style starter and dessert with a choice of main course. Frankly have the buffet and dessert and save yourself a little on the bill for some nice wine.
Every single member of staff was pleasant and a joy to engage with.
Secure parking is also available on site.
Will return and thus do recommend if golf, etc in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back face the lighthouse. Rooms on the front face the road. No real problems with eithe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lydia L, Responsable réception at Hotel Westminster & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

Quite simply, thank you!!!
Your words are so very generous and will be immediately shared with all our staff members.
Hoping to have the honor of welcoming you again very soon,
Very Sincerely,

Lydia LAUNAY
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

me and my wife had a fantastic time got a upgrade for our anniversary which was lovely. the bar service is excellent the surroundings are beautiful feels like a step back into the 1920's but in a good way. only beer in fridge so take wine with you and get glasses from bar if you want a drink in the room

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lydia L, Responsable réception at Hotel Westminster & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would simply like to thank you for these words of praise and for your generous support through Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to learn that you had a nice week-end with us for your wedding anniversary and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again to the Westminster Hotel & Spa.

Warm regards.
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

What a great place to stay. Le Touquet is a special place to visit at any time but our stay at Hotel Westminster made it even more so. Our room was comfortable and quiet even though it was close to the town centre. Breakfast was divine and should not be missed for any reason (including the call of the croissant from a nearby cafe). The swimming pool was clean, spacious and empty on the two occasions I swam. I would have used the spa if we has stayed longer as it looked so inviting. Not sure I would visit with small children as most guests seemed quite elderly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about our school via the website TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to learn that your stay with us was a success.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Again thank you,
See you soon,

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just what we needed after Paris. Bed was very comfortable and love the old fashioned bathroom. It's like going back in time. Found good last minute deal on Internet. Did not eat in the hotel do cannot comment on food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lydia L, Responsable réception at Hotel Westminster & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Very sincerely.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am glad to see works being done to smarten up the hotel, we were disturbed in the morning by the workmen but when we mentioned it we were moved away and upgraded with no fuss.

The front desks are so good, parking and fetching are car when needed.

My wife and I really do feel at home and will continue to enjoy The Westminster.

Room Tip: Front rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lydia L, Responsable réception at Hotel Westminster & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

What motivating and generous words of praise for our hotel, thank you!
Awaiting the pleasure of welcoming you once again to your Touquettoise home.
Sincere regards,

Birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Following a 3 night stay to play golf in the area I departed from this hotel feeling totally underwhelmed. I paid €132 a night for a room that was 8 foot wide with 1 small single bed. I left with the thought that I actually had just been released from a prison cell. I had to ask on 3 separate occasions if they had an alternative option for which I was prepared to pay. I was told to come back tomorrow as they were full. So the next morning I was told again could I come back later as they were too busy checking people out. I then went out for the day and upon my return the new receptionist knew nothing about it !
I eventually moved rooms to another that had a double bed in it but the room was not much larger. It did not have a bath and had just a cheap plastic shower cubicle that was tiny, not very clean would not close.
Breakfast is about the minimum a hotel of this stature can get away with. Cold scrambled eggs poor service, tables left full of dirty plates throughout the meal everyday. I could go on but I won't.
There is not much value here either at €6 for a small beer. The hotel appears to live off its reputation acquired from a past era and their previous famous occupants with signed photographs and sketches scattered around the large building including Winston Churchill whom I'm sure would have chocked on his cigar in horror if he had been put in room 205 !

Room Tip: If you require a single room try and avoid getting one as they are tiny.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you chose the Westminster Hotel & Spa for your short break.
Please be assured Sir, that customer satisfaction is at the heart of our daily concerns. We are always listening to you because feedback will help improve services and our product. We are sorry that this style of room is not convenient for you. You had booked a single room. A classic room you'll definitely preferable.
Remember that 2013 is another year of work important to us. Our rooms renovation program will continue with other changes in the coming months.
I will share your comments with our breakfast’s team.

Please note that all drinks at the Bar are served as accompaniment.
Our efforts are continuing to maintain the quality level offered to all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again to our Hotel.
Very sincerely

Lydia Launay

Been to Hotel Westminster & Spa? Share your experiences!