This would be a flawless review but for two problems - one small and the other so big it spoils the overall product.
The standard rooms are of perfectly adequate size, and ours was comfortably and tastefully appointed, with an excellent bathroom. Full marks.
The reception staff were efficient and pleasant, and check-in took a couple of seconds. Full marks.
The lobby is beautiful, as is the bar and the lounge. There is a lovely scroll-work iron lift, and the hallways and public spaces are all elegant. The bar staff were friendly and efficient, and made the best Margarita I've had in years. Full marks.
The Wifi service is a strong signal, and free and unlimited. However, the router time is set incorrectly and altered the time on our phones and laptop making them nearly 25 minutes slow! Luckily we had no ferry or appointment to make, but this could seriously embarrass anyone en-route to the port. Small detail for us, but could be a real problem for others.
The really disappointing thing about this hotel is the breakfast. It is not cheap (€22) and in such an establishment I expected a decent breakfast. You would get better by far at a Premiere Classe or an Ibis - and there it will cost you €6 or €8!
There was absolutely no service to speak of. Tepid coffee and tea. The only hot food on offer is scrambled egg - undercooked, liquid and limp, and not hot - and bacon - dried to card and again not hot. There were no side plates on which to put bread from the buffet, so it's either use a cereal bowl or cart bread around the dining room in your hands.
The table was never cleared of used bowls or packaging, and getting some butter took 15 minutes. In spite of there being nearly 90 minutes of service left, we noticed that the last of the crêpes being taken and when after 15 minutes they had not been replenished we asked for more to be told curtly that they had all gone - the implication being that they were bought in!
The whole thing was atrocious, and I find it hard to believe that the meal offered came from the same establishment that has a Michelin star.
Stay at the hotel by all means - the renovated rooms are fine - but for pity's sake walk down the road for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Opal Coast ideally situated between Paris, London and Brussels, where you will find Le Touquet - a dynamic and vibrant 4-season European Resort. In the heart of one of its most elegant quarters, just 500m from the beach and 150m from the Palais des Congres, the 1930's charm of the Westminster and its sober luxury continue to attract. The 115 rooms and suites, 2 restaurants and spa will welcome you for a charming stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Westminster & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westminster And Spa
- Westminster Hotel Le Touquet
- Hotel Westminster Le Touquet
- Hotels Le Touquet