“Great if you like being woken up by a dog barking in the room next door, and a "cabin room" meaning one double plus a single cel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Le Touquet

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Le Touquet to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Le Touquet
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue du Marechal Foch, 62520 Le Touquet – Paris-Plage, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Marlow, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Considering the price I really did expect more for my money. As I was travelling alone with my two young sons, booking two rooms was impractical - ruling out most of the four star hotels in Le Touquet.

So when I saw the Holiday Inn was offering a room for three persons under the title of "cabin room" I booked it straight away, without looking further, as with a Holiday Inn you presume some level of comfort.

We arrived early so were not terribly surprised to find our room wasn't ready. So we went off into town (a 15 minute walk) and returned 15 minutes prior to the official 4pm check in time.

The receptionist said the room still wasn't ready and to give it half an hour. I answered that if it wasn't ready by 4pm we wanted a full refund and would stay elsewhere (we had left home at 6am and were desperate to freshen up). In true French style the room suddenly became available 15 minutes later.

We were given a ground floor room and initially thought there had been some mistake - as all we could find was one large double bed. To my astonishment I opened up a cupboard to find it was actually a tiny single windowless, cupboard less, room. The only plus side was that my children found it hilarious. I uttered a silent prayer of thanks that I had only booked us in for a single night - particularly as the rate was one which did not give the option of a refund.

That evening we went out and had a stroll along the spotlessly clean beach followed by an excellent meal at Jean's Brasserie. As the hotel is so far from the actual town we drove this time, and parking was free after 7pm (car parks all next to the beach).

That night we all went to bed so tired I think we could have slept through a hurricane - how wrong I was! From 8 30am the following morning, at regular minute intervals I was kept awake by the sound of a dog barking.

Eventually I could take no more and marched down to the reception to ask the manager to put a stop to it. He claimed the dog must have been in the car park but I corrected him and said it was 100 per cent in the room, as I could clearly hear it behind the door.

He promised to deal with it but the dog was still barking ten minutes later - so I began pounding the door myself until the barking miraculously stopped. It was apparent that whoever should have been looking after it had just left it in the room. It also says much about this appalling hotel that they would let someone with a dog book in a room next to a family. In fact the only surprise is I wasn't asked to keep it in my cell.

No one from the hotel bothered to update me on what action, if any, they had taken. And at checkout later the frankly daft manager said the dog had stopped by the time he went to investigate - no apology for putting a dog in a room next to us. He then asked me why I had been so angry in the morning. I replied that I was always like that when I booked an expensive room and found myself being woken up by a barking dog. I said that we English were just moody that way.

Frankly this hotel has no idea how to treat guests. The resort itself - beach, bars, restaurants - is lovely.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear dennisrice,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept our apologies for the inconvenience the room assigned to you and the customer service you received from our staff may have caused. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
porthcawl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Situated on the outer perimeter of the town it is in a very quiet area and only a short walk to the town centre. The English speaking staff were very helpful and the room was well presented and very clean and tidy.Our Restaurant meal was excellent with a good choice on the menu.The children's menu indicated how you can present a healthy eating option for kids. The Pool was open early at 7 am and other leisure facilities were all nearby.
Although on the main road into the town centre it can be difficult to find as the street hotel signs are very small.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are delighted to read your satisfaction about the quality of our services.
Looking forward to welcome you again at Le Touquet.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Easy location to walk into town, comfy room and indoor sun loungers which I happily fell asleep on. Staff very helpful and English speaking. Pool and jacuzzi were good. We Didn't try restaurant as went into centre ville but lots of variety. Easy parking and easy to find on main road into le touquet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are delighted to read your satisfaction about the quality of our services.
Looking forward to welcome you again at Le Touquet.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went for new year ( le Touquet is the best place for new year) as usual everything went well, we were a bit suprised to find the bar closed before midnight on new years eve but that's france!
Room was beautifully clean and staff were fantastic, nothing will make us stay anywhere else when in Le touquet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read your satisfaction about our services and our staff.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Waiting to welcome you again at the holiday inn resort le touquet !

Regards
Maxime / Reception
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Easy to find off the main road in to Le Touquet with plenty of easy car parking facilities. Allowed to book in early; staff very helpful. Room on upper floor had good view and was quiet as there were two doors on to corridor. Separate toilet and coffee/tea making facilities a bonus. Breakfast had a wide selection of cooked and continental food. Swimming pool never crowded but you need to take towels or hire a robe. Code to access pool changes each day.Restaurant food of good quality but steak under cooked for my husband's taste. About a 10-15 minute walk to the beach/town/market. Lovely walks and amazing houses in the area. Enjoyed visit to nearby casino.
We would definitely return to this hotel and Le Touquet in the future hopefully in warmer weather.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JMThibault, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Le Touquet, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for the very positive comments. We are delighted to read that you have had a pleasant stay in our hotel and that you enjoyed all the facilities at your disposal.
We hope to see you again during your next stay at Le Touquet.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in a mezzanine room, beds were very comfortable and room well-equipped with laptop safe, tea and coffee making facilities and flat screen TV. Hotel is about 15 minutes from the main streets and the seafront, but it is a safe and pleasant walk through residential and shopping areas.Kids loved the swimming pool, and the mini-gym was fine. Did not try the restaurant, looked a nice menu at 40 euros, breakfast was 17 euros per person. The bar was cosy and good for a late night drink. Staff were very helpful, we mislaid some keys and the manager kindly phoned the restaurant we were at the previous night. Rooms are immaculately clean and quiet, would certainly stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Canterbury UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The arrival was very good with a member of staff bring a baggage trolley to our car, considering the Hotel was empty. The room was ready early and reception staff were very good.
Maître 'D in restaurant was good and service was adequate considering the restaurant was empty, food was of a good standard. we ate here three nights although very poor wine list.
Swimming pool was good but no towels and again all to ourselves. The Bar (The Royal) good service serving a good pot of tea, my wife also had a mocktail which she enjoyed. I stuck to Ricard, as hotel was empty always had to ask for service during stay, but all in all nice experience.
Breakfast was not so good freezing cold room with no heating. Lots of choice but all bad. French breakfast had sugar all over the Croissants, pain au chocolate and pain au raison and very small. Good bread, English Egg and Bacon had been left all morning in Bain marie. good selection of other bits but all tired. Tea was a jug of warm water which makes for bad tea, coffee was luke warm and with cold milk for us English. Did ask for a jug of hot milk on second day which improved the coffee a lot. And this cost 17Euro which was a joke. Gave breakfast a miss on last morning and went to a bar.
It was a shame that our visit was on days when Hotel was empty would have liked to see it with more people. When I feel i would have been happier paying the money for the room.

Room Tip: Privileged rooms were good if expensive