“Delicious and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Telford, United Kingdom
“Delicious and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This place is superb. It was a rainy Friday evening in late September when we went. The greeting was warm and friendly and the pace of service perfectly timed. The food is fantastic... the trio of Fois Gras starter is 'historic' as Michael Winner says. For mains we had fish..again perfectly cooked and fantastic sauces. The local cheeses are delicious, but so too was the Tarte Tatin... just a great experience all round. Attentive and good quality service, good wines and food and good value for money. Highly Recommended.

Mechelen, Belgium
“Very pleased with food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visited this restaurant wirh a group of golfers from Keerbergen in Belgium and we enjoyed a very good dinner: high quality food and friendely, efficient service. For sure an address to recommend and to remember.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beckenham, Kent
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

We tried this restaurant due to it being the number 3 on trip ad is or for le Touquet. We say outside as it was warm, the male waiter was very moody and when I asked for butter with my bread it didn't come despite me waiting to eat it for 10 mins! My gravlax was so salty I could barely eat it and I love salty good, but it was covered in rock salt. My husbands haddock was also over seasoned but not so badly. My main was a joke, small spoonful of pasta pesto with and over cooked salmon fillet on the side! I wouldn't even serve that at a dinner party! Very poor! My husband had risotto with mussels and prawns, his prawns were cold and the portion was minoscule! Dessert was nice - apple tart, but cannotgonwrong there. House white was £26 which I thought was steep, all in all I was very upset to pay £80 for this meal. Honestly don't bother trying it for yourself

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ashford, United Kingdom
“A GOOD RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had an absolutely first class meal with excellent efficient and friendly service. The food was of the highest standard and produced without excessive waiting, most attractively presented and very flavorsome.

The furniture and decor were more comfort led than designer dominated but were the perfect setting for a very pleasant gourmet evening, 'Madam', was the consummate professional maitre d' who effortlessly ensured that all guests had a memorable eating experience.

A 'must'-go-to when in Le Touquet. And good value too!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A bit of a mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We went for an evening meal during a short break, didn't think much of the amuse bouche which tasted a bit bland, my starter gravadlax with rocket had so much rock salt in it, it was almost indelible, my wife's melon pate was tasteless again with over salted ham, my main course, salmon with pasta and a cream sauce was better but there wasn't enough sauce, my wife's steak and potatoes was nice and cooked well, the tarte tatin was excellent. The bill for three people came to €125 including wine. Overall I thought that the chef needs to taste his food more often and not just assume it tastes ok. A bit overpriced but that goes for the whole of Le Touquet