“A GOOD RESTAURANT” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Ashford, United Kingdom
“A GOOD RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had an absolutely first class meal with excellent efficient and friendly service. The food was of the highest standard and produced without excessive waiting, most attractively presented and very flavorsome.

The furniture and decor were more comfort led than designer dominated but were the perfect setting for a very pleasant gourmet evening, 'Madam', was the consummate professional maitre d' who effortlessly ensured that all guests had a memorable eating experience.

A 'must'-go-to when in Le Touquet. And good value too!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
“A bit of a mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We went for an evening meal during a short break, didn't think much of the amuse bouche which tasted a bit bland, my starter gravadlax with rocket had so much rock salt in it, it was almost indelible, my wife's melon pate was tasteless again with over salted ham, my main course, salmon with pasta and a cream sauce was better but there wasn't enough sauce, my wife's steak and potatoes was nice and cooked well, the tarte tatin was excellent. The bill for three people came to €125 including wine. Overall I thought that the chef needs to taste his food more often and not just assume it tastes ok. A bit overpriced but that goes for the whole of Le Touquet

Marbella, Spain
“Annual visit never miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Perfect French restaurant great value menus and if you stick to good quality carafes of wine it's even better. One of the most endearing features is being ticked off for over tipping when we tried to add 10 percent. Only half taken. We go as a small group every year in July and look forward to going again we do enjoy food and wine. This is a family restaurant who go out of their way to help us understand what we nearly understand

Lancashire
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We ended up at the restaurant by default having been booked into the wrong restaurant by our hotel. We wanted to go to Le Paris, but the Hotel booked us into Le Paris Plage which caused a number of problems as it was like comparing fine cuisine and wines to an evening in Wetherspoons.

Thankfully the owner at Le Paris was understanding and helpful (despite being fully booked) and advised us to go to Cafe des Arts as it was one of the better eating establishments.

First impressions were a little mixed and it felt like I had walked into a shop selling soft toys but I have to admit the food was outstanding and the service very good. Both my wife and I went for the lamb curry which was beautiful.

Whilst I would have preferred to have dined in Le Paris, this was a suitable alternative.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
BRIGHTON,ENGLAND
“NICE FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE, GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I ate here with my two brothers and 10 year old nephew on Saturday last. We've eaten here many times before and the food, as ever, was excellent. My nephew, Joe, paricularly liked his main course of " steak balls" which we actually revealed to him were escargots after he'd devoured the lot. As well as beautifully cooked and presented food, the restaurant has very smart but relaxed atmosphere and friendly, attentive staff.At the end, the bill for five courses (including amuse bouches and cheese) and three bottles of wine came in at what we thought was a very reasonable 230 euros for the four of us. It would have been even cheaper if Joe hadn't insisted on downing two bottles of Sancerre on his own, but maybe he needed to wash away the taste of the snails. (Not really).All in all, a great evening was had by everyone and I'd thoroughly recommend it

• Visited March 2012