“Don't miss this place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
kent
“Don't miss this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were in Le Touquet for the day and whilst looking for somewhere to eat lunch we stumbled upon Le Coq Hardi. The restaurant inside was small but it was beautifully laid out with linen tablecloths and napkins (always a good sign as far as I'm concerned). We opted for the 15€ menu of a house salad for each of us, with bread, followed by the steak for me and fillet of hake for my partner. These were accompanied by a large dish of the lightest, crispiest French fries plus veg with the fish and salad with the steak. The steak was the best I've eaten in a long while - it was beautifully pink in the middle, as requested, and very tender. The hake was also declared to be 'delicious'. We then opted for a chocolate mousse and ice-cream, all washed down with a pitcher of red wine, which was very more-ish (thankfully I wasn't driving)!! The price also included a coffee. The service was slow - one of the attractions for me when dining out in France - but it was beautifully executed by the owner who was attentive at just the right level, and very, very friendly. I cannot fault the food or the price and would definitely go there again. If you go in the summer I would strongly advise booking ahead so as to avoid disappointment - it's very popular with the French as well as the tourists. In Le Touquet you can pay a lot of money for a mediocre meal but Le Coq Hardi is most definitely the opposite.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Visited this restaurant with some friends and have to say the steak they served was the best we've ever tasted so much even my vegetarian friend wanted to try it because it looked that good! reasonable prices and a generally friendly atmosphere if you're passing through this area of France be sure to stop for lunch here I assure that you won't be disappointed!

nottingham
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

A small restaurant but a lovely atmosphere. The food is reasonably priced, with set menus at different prices. We had the 3 course 15€ menu and it was excellent value. The food was well cooked and the service was good. Definitely worth revisiting.

Visited September 2013
“Good value for Le Touquet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

After a couple of very average meals we chose Le Coq Hardi for a chilled out lunch on our last day. I had the €29 set menu which included fish soup, foie gras, filet steak and the 'greedy' plate pudding and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. The pudding was escpecially good as you had tarte, creme brulee and rich chocolate mousse. When considerin that I'd had a very average and almost rice pudding looking risotto gambas at a nearby restaurant for €21 it made lunch here look bargainous. In a very expensive resort this is a find and one I'd very happily go back to. Only drawback is don't go if you're pushed for time...it's slow dining here but worth it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ware, United Kingdom
“Good value and great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We dined here on Saturday night and had a great time, quite a small restaurant but the service was very good. I can recommend the set menu's as you really do get well fed.

Visited August 2013