“Wonderful pizza, at last!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 36 Restaurants in Lappeenranta
Cuisines: Italian
Espoo, Finland
“Wonderful pizza, at last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had a pizza with my family and for the first time in twenty years of residence in Finland I can finally say it loud: I had a great pizza! The texture of the dow, a little thicker than you would expect in Northern Italy, was wonderfully light and just enough crispy, practically perfect! The toppings too were unusually good quality, nothing out of a tin can, as most restaurants do, making the whole pizza experience great, far from the usual fast food experience. Here they use fresh, authentic ingredients and the result is a pizza that makes your belly very, very happy. And finally a restaurant that serves spicy olive oil, unbeliavable! Even the ice cream served is much, much better that the usual Valio or Ingman ice creams you can find all over the place. The price is a little higher than usual, but it is worth every penny. I found out only when I went to pay the bill, that the owner is an Italian chef. We'll be back for sure! Next time we'll have to try their salads and pasta dishes. If they taste the same as pizza I'm going to move to Lappeenranta for good!

• Visited June 2013