“I liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kolding
Finland
“I liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our family stayed here for one night. We had a superior room. The room was big and airy. Very clean and beds comfortable. Quet room. Air conditioning made the room good to sleap white outside was very warm. The reception workes well and staff was friendly. It is childfriendly: there is welcome present to child, the child bed is good, there is also at the reception a chair that the child can see to the reception and playarea.

We also choose to eat here from the buffet and it was good value for money. Also out child liked it!
The breakfast was good. Not so special, but we had all we needed here to start the day.

All together a pleasant stay. We recommed this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Hi MinttiFinland,

Thank you very much for your review here at TripAdvisor,
We have a lot of family’s visiting our hotel during the summer, and we try our best to become children friendly. We are glad to hear that you noticed the small extra things we are during for our youngest guests.

Thank you for the recommendation, we hope to welcome you back another time.

Sincerly,

Maria Forsberg/ Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stopped by this hotel to spend the night during a long roadtrip from germany to sweden, the hotel was very nice, clean, and modern. there was a big play area for children at the basement, a really fast internet connection and specious rooms! the breakfast had a little variety but of a good selection!

Room Tip: If you have children id reccomend you to take those rooms with two wall beds, children will enjoy sl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi MishyMu,

Thank you for the time you have spend on this review, eventhought you just had one night here at the hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back, on the way back from your vacation.

Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We arrived late met by friendly staff and a nice clean reception area. The minute we stepped off our elevator we realized we had made a mistake. The smells coming from the carpet were awful. We thought things must get better in our room.Wrong. Our room was worn and dirty. Our bath towels had an odd odor and we had to clean our feet after walking across the floor to get into bed. JUST OUT OF THE SHOWER.
The bed was comfortable once we got used to the odd odor.
The breakfast buffet was adequate. The coffee was (better left unsaid)
If you are looking for a nights sleep that will cost you around 1400sek and don't mind odd smells this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: find a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Mimilouwho,

First of all, thank you for the comment here at TripAdvisor and for the nice compliment about the friendly staff.

I am truly sorry to read that you have had a bad stay here at our hotel with smells in the hallway and in our room. I wish you had contacted the Front Desk, so they could have done something about it or moved you to anther floor.

Regarding the coffee maker, I have had our F&B manager, contact the supplier for the coffeemaker. It’s important for us, that our guest leave Scandic Kolding with a nice impression.
Please contact me at maria.forsberg@scandichotels.com , I have some more question to you about your stay. I hope to hear from your soon.

Maria Forsberg/ Front Desk Manager.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Scandic Kolding is situated in the outskirts of Kolding, the access from the highway is very easy and the location is just in the middle of the industrial area. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, from the moment you step in, you feel at home and the sweet, friendly and very service minded girls in the reception make you feel very welcomed. The rooms are nice and new and the restaurant serves very tasty food, the value for money is great and I hope that I will have a possibility to visit your hotel again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hi JeLundgren,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Scandic Kolding, and to hear about your appreciation for our newly renovated interior and the location of the hotel.

Once again thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay, your good review is passed on to the relevant staff, and we all hope to welcome you back next time you get the chance of visiting us here at Scandic Kolding.

Linköping
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Me, my husband and his 2 kids we were 2 nights in the hotel. One day for spending the whole day in Legoland, whisch took us ap. 30 min by car to get from this hotel. The price is good, comparing the other hotels close to Legoland. The rooms were though pretty small, cuz when you put 2 extra beds, the room was full. The breakfast buffe was really tasty and good, you could choose from sweat (pankakes with nutella) to bread, cereals, tea/coffee, everything you wish for. And of course pulver-scrambled egg, which is not my favourite, but always you get full in your belly after eating breakfast.
I want to thank the ppl who work there - cleaning lady and the stuff from reception, cus i lost my watch in the room, pretty expensive, and after calling them, they sent me back the watch back to my home. Thats really honest and great!
I recomend this hotel, cus of the prise and close location to Legoland. Minus for size of the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi XX,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our location in connection with your trip to Legoland.

I understand your concerns about the room size. For your next stay I would recommend you to book one of our superior rooms with bunk beds which leaves more floor space. If you still have your concerns I would really appreciate if you send me an e-mail, about what we could have done better for your family back in July. In this way I could make some changes for next summer. My e-mail address is maria.forsberg@scandichotels.com

Once again, thank you very much for your review and recommendation of the hotel, and thank you for staying at Scandic Kolding during your visit to Denmark.

Jyväskylä, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Rooms here have been nicely renovated: nice wallpapers and wooden floors. However, as typical for Scandic, the renovation does not consider bathrooms.

There is no airconditioning and during summer the rooms are very hot. Opening windows give relief during nights but lets the traffic noise in.

This is a good hotel if you have a car, but without a car the neighborhood is very dull (motorway and industrial zone). Nevertheless, a good base for Legoland visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maria F, Front Office Manager at Scandic Kolding, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi eskobar,
Thank you very much for your review here at Trip Advisor, I really appreciate that you have taken your time to comment on your stay. In this way we are able to improve our product.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our new renovation and the location while visiting Legoland.

I hear your concerns about the non renovated bathrooms. We are in a dialog with the owner of the building about a renovation of the bathrooms within the two years. Concerning the air-condition, if you would like air-condition in your room I would recommend you to book a superior room for your next stay. In superior rooms we have air-condition, coffee, tee and some extra amenities.

If you appreciate a central located hotel, I will inform you, that Scandic hotels are located very different, some more central than the others. Furthermore, Scandic Kolding is located close by Marielund woods which is very scenic and a great place to visit while staying in Kolding.

Once again, thank you very much for your review of the hotel, and thank you for staying at Scandic Kolding during your visit to Denmark.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a great time here.
Location- The location is not so great, and it was very difficult to get anywhere without a car, but the hotel made up for this in other ways.
Food & Kids- Breakfast was good, the restaurant dinner was fantastic. The play room downstairs was the best we have found, and much appreciated that the games were free to play. There were also added touches for the kids that we appreciated- it's exhausting travelling and entertaining little ones!
Room- I only wish I had checked up and known that the Junior Suite had no door separating the living and bedroom (space from the kids!) but the room itself was great and nicely decorated. The bathroom was small & awkward but did the job fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Rio B,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Scandic Kolding.

Concerning the rooms, we do have suites with separated doors, although they are not renovated rooms. We have upgraded some of our rooms, which according to standard do not have separating doors. For your next stay, I would recommend you to request for a room with separating door, and we will do our best to locate your family at the most fitting room.

I would also like to inform you that we are in a process and dialog with the owner of the building about renovating our bathrooms within the next two years.

I hear your concerns about our location, and would therefore like to inform you that we have bikes which you can rent for free. We also we have several busses driving between us and the inner city.

Maria Forsberg/ Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kolding
Hotel Koldingfjord
Scandic Jacob Gade
Scandic Jacob Gade
#4 of 14 in Vejle
4.0 of 5 stars 135 reviews

Been to Scandic Kolding? Share your experiences!