“Quick service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Altea, Spain
“Quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

An American style restaurant which was very popular and people had to be turned away as it was full. We both had burgers which were delivered very quickly and were large in size with fries and side salad. Very pleasant atmosphere and friendly staff. The restaurant can be directly accessed from the Herman Bang Hotel which is where we were staying.

Visited August 2012

Umea, Sweden
“Nice atmosphere, over-done food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a typical "american wannabe" bar/restaurant. Atmosphere is good and when we where there it was visited by what to us looked like a lot of locals. Normally a good quality indication. It took quite some time to get attention from the staff, and when the food came, it was over-done. We ordered a Cheese Burger and a Chicken Burger. The chicken was dry and the burger was crispy or even burnt. Besides from that, it tasted okey, the portions were big and the side-orders OK. To sum up, we will go here again but we would advice the chef to be careful on the grill.

San Francisco
“Two of the worst meals I have ever attempted to eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was staying at the hotel with family and friends while my daughter competed in the local soccer [football] tournament and ate at the Empire three times. The first time was tolerable. The chicken sandwich wasn't bad and the beer was good. Others I was with had the pizza, and though the slice I tasted was doughy and flavorless, it did the job and they didn't complain.
The second time I tried the hamburger. The first cause for concern was when I asked to have it medium-rare and the waitress said she wasn't sure they could "do that", but she'd try. I went ahead hoping it was just a translation problem. When the burger came, it wasn't just well-done, it was blackened, hard, chewy and the edges were actually crunchy! When I told the waitress it was over-cooked, she giggled as if to say "what a surprise", and moved on.
I gave it one more try when I was with some hungry kids who couldn't wait and I reverted to ordering what I hoped would be a safe meal of chicken. It was literally inedible. I don't mean 'it didn't taste good' or 'I didn't like it'. I mean large portions of the chicken breast were so tough and chewy I was unable to bite through them. I'm not feeble or have tender teeth; the meat had somehow been turned into something the consistency and flavor of a cotton rope. A very impressive accomplishment, really.
Bottom line: If you're desperate for a loud, American-themed joint with lousy food, this is the place for you.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Floro, Norway
“Nice American-styled diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Went there last spring, on our last day in Denmark before heading back home to Norway. Loved the interior of the place, especially the minature train going round and round under the roof. Food was nice to; not gourmet dishes, but good quality fast-food. Not too expensive, but not cheap either.

Visited May 2011
Sweden
“Food and fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

Went there with a group of four adults and four kids. Good food for everyone, although maybe the steak lunch special wasn't all that special. The fajitas that I had was very nice with lots of condiments. Great for kids as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere