“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Horsens
Chennai
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed four nights at the hotel for an office conference. Beautiful location with a very picturesque park adjacent to it which is ideal for morning walks. Food was great and the staff extremely helpful.The room I had was very spacious and nice but many in our group commented about the rooms being too small. The hotel had thoughtfully placed a fan in the room which was very useful as Denmark was having an unusually warm period( by the country's standards!) in early June when we were there. The hotel could introduce some variety for breakfast. For four consecutive days we had the same buffet spread for breakfast. The food quality was very good, though and therefore am not really complaining. Being from India am just used to a wide choice at breakfast!

Room Tip: Choose your room if possible. Some rooms are very spacious but understand that they have very small...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MicHal665, General Manager at Scandic Bygholm Park, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hi

Thanks for your nice comments and review for your stay at Bygholm.

Bets regards

General Mangager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ampthill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Have stayed here on many occasions. The staff are very helpfull and polite always helpfull. The rooms are modern and clean although on the small side, beds comfortable.
The restaurant and bar are excellent and the staff always look after us extremely well. food is of a very good standard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi

Thanks for your very nice review for our hotel and for your nice comments regarding our service and staff.

Have a nice day and I hope to see you again at Scandic Bygholm Park

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was a conference meeting and the hotel was appropriate for its purposes. It is conveniently situated near the central station and Tivoli Gardens and a20 minute walk to the city centre. The rooms were spartan, with limited storage space, no drawers and only 12" hanging space in a suite! Good job we were only there for three nights.
Nice bar area, and very efficient breakfast buffet coping with the conference delegates and the hordes of cruise passengers who flooded the place twice a day.
Seems a bit mean to say it was average, but it was really deserving of a better rating.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any special rooms but the water side view is worth it. Better than the station...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Nicholas

When I read your review...I could not recognize our hotel ... waterfront, tivoli ... so I think you have another hotel in mind or ??

Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in May for one night.
The exterior of the hotel looks beautiful.

The hotel is a kind of labyrinth, it took some time until I found and arrived at my room.
The rooms are not large but look great. I had a good night of sleep in the comfortable bed.
2 points of improvement: 1: there was no bath math (I used a small towel) and 2: the shower had a shower curtain which is in my opinion not acceptable for such a hotel (actually for all hotels)

I encountered some difficulties logging in on the wifi, staff (2 guys) that night at the reception were very kind and helped me out.

The breakfast is just wonderful! There is a lot of choice and I loved the regional products, well done.
I would come return if I was in town again, hoping I can shower without a shower curtain :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi Cecile

Thank you very much for your comments regading your stay at Scandic Bygholm Park og I will look in to the commets regariding our wifi and the curtans in the bathroom.

Thank again and I will look forwards to see you another time in our nice hotel

General Manger
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had a wonderfull stay here. I love the little shop in the reception area where you can get every little thing you forgot, toothbrush, etc. And a sandwich and a cup of coffee. A very clean and stylish hotel. Charming surroundings. But the best part is the people: We have met nothing but smiling and helpfull staff from the first second we stepped in here. Especially Simon at the frontdesk was the best face a hotel can get: Fun, professional and helpfull! The food was good as well. A truely lovely breakfast buffet with really great service once again. Also the cleaning staff we met was so nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi Tina

Thank you very much and I'am very pleased to read your nice comments, .

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This has been written a little later than I would have liked - as the stay was in July 13 but it has at least given time for reflection - and on reflection, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

The welcome was good, the reception staff had no problem with spoken English, and we were soon given all we needed to find our room. The lobby area had a small shop where essentials, should they have been forgotten, could be purchased. We didn't use this as a supermarket was a very short walk away (Rema 1000) and was open from quite early in the morning until around 9pm at night.

Our room was small but clean and well appointed with an excellent shower and fine views over the garden/park area. Having seen these from our window, we couldn't wait to explore - and found the walks available most pleasurable. We spent a considerable amount of time exploring, taking endless photos of the water and land birds, flowers, insects, and scenery - not to mention the splendid building that forms the hotel.

We ate in the hotel all but one night and found the food (we ate from the buffet menu) most satisfying. Breakfast was plentiful and enjoyable too. (included in price - so making very good value). All the waiting staff were friendly and helpful - including a 'mascot' that made an entrance at breakfast time to the amusement of the many children guests. (we were staying in Scandinavia's main school holiday - so there were quite a lot of children - worth remembering that it falls a little earlier than the UK summer hols)

Having said that, there was plenty to keep the children amused - from outside play areas to a games room ( equipped with wii/table football etc) and a pool table in another area - they weren't a problem to adult guests.

We went out for days and found it a good base for LEGOLAND and other fairly local attractions. The reception staff were a mine of helpful suggestions for places to visit, routes to take and were excellent ambassadors for the hotel. I wish we could remember the names of some of the staff that made our stay special - but alas we have forgotten. But needless to say, all the ones we met added something positive to our stay.

We really enjoyed our stay and have already recommended it to friends and colleagues who may be considering a trip to Denmark. We would definitely consider returning to the hotel if travelling that way in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MicHal665, General Manager at Scandic Bygholm Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hi Ginnie

Thank you very much and I'am very happy for your nice comments, I'm very proud when we get such nice reviews.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Loved everything about Bygholm Park, it is set in beautiful surroundings and has a very special charm to it. The rooms are nice, especially after the renovation. The food is great and the staff is always very attentive and very warm and welcoming. Will look forward to coming by again some time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MicHal665, General Manager at Scandic Bygholm Park, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi

Thank you very much and I'am very happy for your nice comments, I'm very proud when I reads such nice reviews.

Michael Hald

Been to Scandic Bygholm Park? Share your experiences!