“Poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Diegem
Bucharest, Romania
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Despite ordering a taxi the night before, it arrived 20mins late and the taxi driver told me that the hotel had only called 10mins prior to the taxi turning up. Unlike the other hotels, you have to call to request an airport transfer and then wait 10mins for the driver to arrive. Worth knowing beforehand to save wasting 30mins trying to find a way to the hotel (no taxi would take me the short distance)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feed back about the free transport from and to the airport.

Not like other hotels who offer only transport in the morning and evening, we are the only Airport Hotel who offers free transport Non Stop between 06:00 AM and 11:00 PM.
The only thing our guests need to do is give us a call.

Our transport is arranged via a company who arrange with their drivers the pick up. It can be that an other driver came to pick you up because the other one was in a traffic jam.
The quicker the pick up for our guests is at the aiport, the better.

Hope you will visit us again soon.

Best regards,
Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nothing fancy, small rooms but fine beds, good shower and quiet rooms. Trainstation to get into Brussels city Centre you'll Fins neerbuigend. Park your car and get a transit to the airport is a Pretty gooddeal.Joining rooms for families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feed back.

I hope you had nice holiday's!

Great that you took advantage of our promotion 'Park, Sleep & Fly' with 14 days of free parking included .
Our parking will be available again for your next trip! Hope to see you then.

Wish you an excellent weekend!

Best regards,
Cramlington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Firstly it took us one and a half hours from the airport to reach the hotel because all the roads leading to it were closed due to construction work. This trip should take around seven minutes! Not the fault of the hotel, but they at least could put a sign up directing you to their location. At the end in frustration I went through a private company car park and managed to find it. Check in was ok apart from a clever chappie on reception who said "you should have telephoned and I would have directed you, it's easy!" Just what you want to hear when you don't have phone number for the hotel and you've spent so long trying to find it, but never mind I thought, at least we are here!

It was around 8pm and I asked when the restaurant closed. I was told it would be around 10pm, so plenty of time I thought. There were around 30 people eating in there, so I thought it was promising. A quick beer at the bar and I asked if I could book a table for around 9pm. Without an answer both people behind the bar disappeared for 10 minutes before one returned and told us they had run out of food. Incredulously I asked him to repeat this and he apologised, but said they had no food available. I asked if they could at least make a sandwich and he said he thought so but would check. Another 10 mins and he returned saying they could give us dish of the day which was fish. No problem, we were grateful and agreed this would suffice - until two other people people were then shown into the restaurant, who clearly knew the barman, and were handed menus. Both ordered steaks and pommes frites. I swear they were looking and laughing at us and clearly made fun of us as we left our table! Oh and by the way, don't eat the bread because the server was bringing back uneaten bread from tables and tipping it back into the bread basket!

By now, at the end of my tether I finished my beer and went to my room. The sink was horrendously scratched and look so unhygienic - please don't reply by saying you are refurbishing or the like, as you are not charging different rates for poor quality rooms.

I was woken at midnight and then 1am by noisy people banging doors and talking loudly. Come check out in the morning I wasn't even asked how my stay was, but never mind I'll vote with my feet and never use a Hotel Thon again. Best avoided is my advice!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Angelholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

When you just need a room for sleeping one night nearby an airport you can probably choose by price. All these standardized hotels operated by the hotel chains are all of the same type. They are functional but nothing more than a place to sleep. The breakfast was good with a nice coffee machine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having chosen Thon Hotel Brussels Airport during your visit.

Nice to read that you enjoyed our delicious coffee!

Hope we will see you back soon!

Kindest regards,
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed for one night and found a rather old hotel in an industrial neighbourhood. I can live with that.

Rooms were rather worn down, but clean and no damages. I can live with that.

However the room had noise from the ventilation, that annoyed and prevented TV watching unless the door to the bathroom was tightly closed. And even then... I complained and the reception was VERY well aware of the problem ("all rooms have this problem").

Trying to find a solution, they changed my room after about an hour and this had same noise but a more sound-tight door to the bathroom.

"The ventilation stops at 10 pm and only starts at 7 am" "We know it is a problem for our guests". I can tell you that it starts again at 4:50am (or earlier, but this one woke me up).

I am not picky (see my many other reviews, they are rather positive) but this is definitely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you cannot stand constant noise from ventilation system.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind feed back about your recent stay in Thon Hotel Brussels Airport.
Your opinion is very important to us.

I'm happy to inform you that all bath rooms will be renovated!

My apologies that you were woken up by the ventilation in the bath room. This is indeed not acceptable and our technical department will investigate this further.

Hope you will chose us during your next trip to Brussels.

Have a nice afternoon.

With best regards,
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Send the following to Thon Directors, local hotel and Thon customr services but nothing back at all. SHOCKING!!!!!!!!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you to ask for help regarding a booking at one of your hotels.

After making a booking at the Thon Hotel Brussels Airport I arrived yesterday. My booking details are attached.

The hotel room was of very poor standard and had mould and damp on the walls. Due to the poor hygiene of this room and health and safety issues I spoke with the hotel manager. They offered me another room that I moved to hoping it would be better.
Once at the new room I found it to be dirty and of very poor hygiene.

I spoke to my company and they were disgusted with the standards I had seen in the hotel. A taxi came to the Thon hotel and I left immediately without staying there.

Please see attached some photos of the room and how poor it was. The damp on the wall was very bad and the wall moved if you pushed it.

I would like to request a full refund of my booking as Expedia have informed me that the Thon Hotel Brussels Airport refuses to refund the amount I paid in advance.

This is a serious health problem having damp in a hotel room. I am very disappointed to have experienced this and will have to take further action if this refund is not processed. The staff also charged me EUR5.00 for the city tax without even
staying there!!!!!

I look forward to your response.

Regards
Mark

Room Tip: avoid this hotel it does not meet health and safety standards.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for having posted your review on the website of TripAdvisor.

When you received a free early check in, unfortunately a human error was made by given you a bed room which should have been 'blocked' as it needed to be repainted. I'm happy to inform you that the room has been repainted and looks beautiful again.
1 1/2 hours later when you came down to the reception the receptionist on duty gave you directly an other room with renovated bath room.

I'm very sorry that an error was made, that you checked out an hour later from the other room and that we could not meet your expectations.

In the mean while Expedia should have fully refunded you and you already received the costs for city tax back on your card.

Once again, my apologies for the inconveniences.

I hope that we can welcome you back in one of our Thon Hotels.

With kind regards,
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I am a frequent user of hotels, and this is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in for a while.Its located about 10 minutes fro the airport, in a small industrial estate, about a 15 minute walk to the train station. ! 1st impressions were ok, nice reception area, friendly staff. As soon as you step out of the lift the decor changes, very cheap looking. The rooms are very basic, the bathrooms are very tired. My shower was lying in the bath as there was no wall attachment, sink was so badly scratched, complimentary toiletries very poor quality. No English channels on the TV , not even a news channel. Breakfast was edible if you stuck to continental, cheeses and hams etc, the hot food looked awful so I didnt even try it however very good coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. with so much choice in the area I would look elsewhere before booking this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
crmthon, Front Office Manager at Thon Hotel Brussels Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion referring to your last stay.

The train station is reachable within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. You can also take the bus which is at only 3 minutes situated.

It's very nice to see you liked our friendly staff.

My apologies concerning the shower. We've noticed it the morning after and fixed it directly.
Our tv channels have been reprogrammed so you can enjoy English tv channels again.

Our buffet breakfast contains: Nespresso and Douwe Egberts coffee, freshly preshed orange juice, 3 sorts of fruit juice, smoothies, different sorts of tea, a wide selection of bread, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausages, boiled eggs, selection of cheese, salami, 2 sorts of ham, chicken, salmon, 4 sorts of salades, tomatoes, fruit salade, cornflakes, an assortiment of yoghurt and dried fruit.

I have informed the management concerning your points.

I hope we can welcome you back during your next visit!

With kind regards,
Eline Egter van Wissekerke

Been to Thon Hotel Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!