“Very Good Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Diegem
Knokke-Heist, Belgium
“Very Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We did a park, sleep and fly in the Golden Tulip Brussels Airport. We can recommend the hotel as very service minded. Very friendly personnel. Very good restaurant and breakfast. We will stay there on our next trip. Rooms are very quiet, we hearded nothing from the nearby airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a comfort room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Den Haag
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

After staying at the Van der Valk hotel close by two months ago, I stayed at the Golden Tulip. Both times, I had a park, sleep and fly package. Which one has the best deal?
Both hotels are located close to the airport, less then 10 minutes drive. The trainstation to Brussels (20 minutes) is just a 10 (Van der Valk) to 15 minutes' (Golden Tulip) walk.
Prices are about the same, breakfast taken into account, which make them both a good deal for parking your car for max two weeks. At Van der Valk, you pay 15 euros per week extra, at Golden Tulip 5 euros per day. Van der Valks garage is indoors and they wash your car for free. On the other hand, Van der Valk doesn't offer a 24/7 shuttle service, so you might have to pay for a 12 euro taxi ride. The shuttle we used at the Golden Tulip came instantly when we called, and left immediately with only us.
The Van der Valk hotel was newer and a bit more luxurious and had a larger breakfast buffet, though the Golden Tulip was classy and had a very good bad and bathroom too. At the Golden Tulip we heard our neighbours and some planes, but not really disturbing. At Van der Valk, we heard nothing, but my experience is that you can be lucky or unlucky in almost every hotel depending on neighbours and room location.
So with all these pros and cons it's hard to tell who the winner is. Prices are about the same. If you don't need a carwash and don't mind your car standing outdoors, the Golden Tulip is the best option to park and fly with the excellent shuttle service we experienced. To sleep, the Van der Valk is a slightly better, more modern hotel, so might be a better choice when your flights are within the hours the shuttle service is operating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Москва, Россия
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

First, knowing that we'd arrive late I emailed the hotel and got the confirmation that they'd just pick us up at the airport - and so they did. The room was truly impeccable - clean, stylish, bright - I could hardly wish for anything else there.

We booked on the outgoing shuttle in advance - as I'd suggest everyone do, and the shuttle was on time, no surprises there either. Would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone in transit through Brussels airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Golden Tulip Br... A, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Brussels Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for have taken to time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I'm really glad that you liked our hotel and our services.

Kind regards,

Dieter
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Arrived at hotel from airport after taxi blames me for him having to join the back of the other waiting drivers since I did not use the hotel shuttle!
I used the taxi in the hope I would arrive in time to order food since the restaurant shuts at 2230.
I arrived at 2220 and went to the bar at 2225 only to be told in no uncertain terms I could not order as it was already 2230.
Strange but my watch still showed 2226!
Reception were useless and 40 mins later a knock on my door presented the bar woman and another attempting to apologise. Too little too late.
I do not usually write reviews on arrival but this hotel reaches new lows.
I usually stay at the Marriott, holiday inn or NH but as my company was using the tulip for conference guests I decided to use it..... Regret it already.
Add to this the fact that I can clearly hear the TV in the room next door long with their wonderful toilet flushing you would guess I am not impressed.
My future is not at a golden tulip hotel!

Room Tip: Don't expect anything the hotel staff tell you to be correct.....restaurant open until whenever...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed for one day thanks to the Lufthansa strike last month. This hotel is very close to the Brussels airport. They have a shuttle that picks up people and also drops them back later. It is one of the nice hotels with an excellent ambiance. It has excellent restaurants. The room itself was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I liked in particular the fact that it was a completely non-smoking hotel. I can unhesitatingly recommend this hotel to single or family members for short stays.

Room Tip: I did not stay long enough to know which could be a better room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This low-rise hotel is terrific place to stay with easy access to Brussells airport. Elegant and high-style without the higher costs and crowds of more expensive designer hotels. Small rooms, but clean and comfortable with all conveniences - and you don't need much space at an airport hotel. Modern decor and comfortable beds, with options for pillow types. Food in two dining options was delicious. As a vacation traveller in the Netherlands, I wished the black and red decor in the lobby was a bit less dark and more colorful, and reflected more of a "tulip" character ... but that's just me, and this hotel is in Brussels, not Holland (where the gold color of the rooms or a rust colored orange would be in character with the national color while remaining equally elegant). But as it is, the ambiance is great for business and upscale travellers too. I would recommend it highly to any traveller. Airplane noise is low and minimal, especially between midnight and about 5 or 6 am. Shuttle and parking close by.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spent one night here for my brief stay in Brussels. This modern hotel was located near the international airport with shuttle bus available 24 hours a day. The building had two floors, well maintained and nicely furnished. Our room was in decent size, comfortable, with good lightings and a nice work desk that faced the garden. Both bedroom and bathroom were very clean and neat.
Buffet breakfast was served in the stylish restaurant at the main floor. All tables were carefully set with shiny tableware. In the black and white setting, the deep pink fresh flower arrangements were very eye-catching. Another item that came to my attention was the scientific coffee machine that offered drinkers many choices. Loved the salmon and fruit for my breakfast. As the hotel was away from the city, the surrounding was very quiet and we enjoyed a good sleep at night.

I am not sure if there was elevator available in the hotel, I only saw that people carried their luggage to the stairs on their way to rooms at the second floor. Our room was on ground floor so we don’t have this problem.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Tulip Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!