“Great Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Acorn Restaurant
Route 10, Lower Prince William, New Brunswick, Canada
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Diner
Description: Just off the exit from the Trans-Canada highway.
Description: Just off the exit from the Trans-Canada highway.
Fredericton
“Great Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This had been our second visit to the Acorn restaurant. Each time it has been great. What stands out the most about the place is the staff. They are very friendly and one of the waitresses always seems to be there if you ever need anything. They are very busy but they never seem to let it affect their customer service.

Food was good, no complaints. Some of the prices were a little high for certain items but nothing over the top. Overall, I would and will return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gaffney, South Carolina
“A very good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife,grandson and myself were traveling from South Carolina to Canada. When we stopped at the New Brunswick welcome center the lady mentioned this restaurant to me. I wrote it down for reference. I knew we would be going to the Kings Landing Settlement while staying in Fredericton. When we did go it was rather busy but everything was going smooth and we very little wait. There was a full menu so no one should have a problem finding something for their taste buds. The food was good, service was good especially considering the number of people there at the time. Prices were quite reasonable. Easy on off the interstate and really great for going to Kings Landing then having lunch or supper.

• Visited August 2013
Moncton, Canada
“If you need to stop....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Good food, ample portions, fair price. We have stopped several times and always a good experience. Can get a little busy at times, but it means others are eating there, which is not a bad thing. If you are in the area and need to stop for a bite to eat, this is the place.

Visited August 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“Homecooked food but either over or undercooked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We tried this place a few times now because it is just around the corner where we live.
One time we left because there was a line up of waiting guests (we were on second in row. The servers did not even bother to tell anyone how long it is going to be until we will be seated or recocnize us in any other way. So we left for a trip into town.
The other time we have also eaten there were just about avarage. This time I had a Hamburger Steak and Hubby had a Pork Chop with Apple Sauce. The did not have apple sauce so he was offered some gravy instead. We found the gravy on the bill later and an extra charge of 70ct. He said his food was ok, but the veggies were tasteless and undercooked. My Hamburger Steak would hold me from ever order a real steak at that place. Crumbely, overcooked and dry meat with no taste whatsoever would match the best discription. I ordered it with gravy, which was also charged seperately. I found the vegetables where pretty much undercooked and had no taste to them at all. So did the mashed potatoes. I asked for some more garvy wich I received and found as another charge of $1.69 on our bill later. Really? Charging $0.70 for two tablespoons of gravy and then again for a small serving?
We found that redicolous, espetially with my Hubbies dish, because they had no apple sauce, which they did not deduct or applied against each other!
Yes, sereolsy, we paid $3.09 just for gravy. This is not reasonable, nor service! Guess the Acorn will not see us again anytime soon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food, Good Service, Good Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Took my 90-years young mother-in-law for a drive to see the fall colours and have a nice lunch, and this place again hit the spot. It was not our first visit, but we had not been there in more than six months. Although the menu seemed different the food was still great. My mother-in-law again had to have the sweet potato fries with her turkey salad sandwich.
I had the big omelet with pan fries - more than filling. My wife also had a turkey sandwich - it was Thanksgiving after all.
For desert the two women split a cocunut cream pie - the best one around. I had the raspberry pie - different and delicious.
For a very reasonably priced meal of good food - this is the place!

• Visited October 2012