We had an early morning flight from Stansted so we decided to stay at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport the night before. Check in was smooth and we were welcomed as Platinum Priority Club members and given a room on the 2nd Floor.
The room was quite spacious and decorated in vibrant colours, quite different from my last visit of a few years previous. The bed was very comfortable, lots of storage space, TV with a handful of channels, tea/coffee facilities and a supply of extra pillows. The bathroom was standard HI Express design with powerful shower.
As we had to leave the hotel early we had breakfast at 0400hrs, a good selection of cereals, fruit, yogurts, coffee and juice, the full selection was available later in the morning.
We used the 0500hrs shuttle bus to the terminal building which is 3GBP single but it was a small bus and a few people had to be turned away.
A good stay and the room looked good after the boutique style makeover.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport Hotel Stansted
- Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Stansted
- Holiday Inn Stansted
- Stansted Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel is ideally located within 5 minutes of the Airport terminal via the hotel transfer bus (small charge applies £3.00 each way). The hotel is ideally positioned for visits to Newmarket, Cambridge, Bury St.Edmunds, Mildenhall, London Olympic Village, Eurostar Kings Cross and Stratford Terminals. All 254 bedrooms, are equipped with air-conditioning, power shower, tea and coffee making facilities and fully interactive TV system with high speed internet connectivity. The Holiday Inn Express London Stansted Airport offers Meet Smart facilities. Hotel has 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, and can accommodate up to 70 delegates in theatre style. Hotel has an Informal style bar lounge with plasma TV's & Sports Bar, plus the Great Room where continental breakfast & evening meals are served.The Hotel also has on-site parking for up-to 175 cars & is ideally located near Duxford Imperial War Museum and also close to Cambridge & Newmarket. PLEASE NOTE that an overnight parking charge applies for residents of £8.00. Parking is only available to hotel residents whilst staying in the hotel. Park Stay&Go packages are available.Please note! NO BUS TRANSFER during the following times: 12.00 midnight to 4.00am,£3 per person each ways payable on the bus applies, children under 16 travel free.All other times every 30 minutes. A limited service operates through Christmas&New Year. A 24hr taxi service is available from the terminal at the cost of approx. 7.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingCom, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.