“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center

You added Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6921 South Lindbergh Boulevard, Mehlville, Saint Louis, MO 63125   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Mehlville
Jacksonville, FL
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2007

Just returned from an overnight stay. The staff were very cordial at the front desk. I asked for a room away from the traffic area and was graciously given a very nice room (looked more like a suite). As my husband had to work the day we arrived, the convenience of the Mall across the street was very much appreciated by me. That evening we ate at Tuckers Place next door, where we enjoyed a wonderful filet mignon dinner! We were very pleased with this hotel and will stay there again soon!

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2006

I am in the hotel now. The staff is fine and the rooms are fine- just steer clear of the Holidome! The place is OVERRUN by screaming urchins from the moment it opens (9 am) until it closes (11:00 pm). If you have a room that overlooks the Holidome prepare to be up at 9 and don't plan on sleeping before 11. Don't plan on using anything in the Holidome as everything there will be used by children. Everything from the hot tub to the billards table will be being used- or as soon as you touch something a child will wander up to you and ask if you are done with it yet!!! There are children in the bar. The bartender doesn't/won't mix many popular drinks (I asked for a white russian AND a martini and was offrered an Alabama Slammer instead!
In short only come here if have children or a small child. Even if you have children don't come with the intention to use anything in the Holidome unless your children are --- b/c all the other kids here are (we saw a child harass an elderly couple for a chance to play PingPong after the elderly couple had been playing for less than ten seconds!).
We came as a young couple and thought this place would be good as it had an indoor pool AND an exercise room. Instead we found that the holidome was a humid, hot, child infested hell hole.

• Liked — Rooms were large and had a couch
  • Disliked — Children over running the indoor pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay in a room overlooking the Holidome!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Mehlville hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2006

I travel alot and have had a hard time finding a good & affordable hotel in St. Louis. The staff was very helpful when I needed to print out some documents for work and when I needed a remote control for the fitness center TV. I stayed in a suite w/ a micro and fridge, so I loaded up on food and saved some money that way. They have a restaurant in the hotel, too, which comes in handy when the food you bought turns out to be less tasty than you wished. The hotel is located near lots of good shopping and it's also near the interstate for ease of travel, but the traffic never disturbed me. Warning: the halls look dank, but the rooms are quite nice & clean. This is my new pick for St. Louis!

Stayed February 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2005

My Wife and I got married in Feb. 2005, and we had family and friends and us, stay at the hotel and had the reception at one of their other hotels that they owned. It was cool, because my wife was so stressed from the wedding, everyone was so easy going and really made my wife happy, which made me really happy. All the people in the restaurant and at the front desk were down to earth and very helpful and easy to talk with. They let us check out later than the usual time and the maids weren't rude or anything, like you get at other hotels. We needed an extra blanket and some other things and the maids came up to our suite quick, it was shocking, they really do care about the people in the hotel. They are the closest hotel to Downtown, that's safe enough to be close to downtown and still in the county. It's a mix of county/city, it's quiet like the county and it's close to the good part of the city. A good location for our guests, who cam from I-55 & I-270&255. The people at the hotel really made everything easier for me and my wife, Thank God. They helped me out a lot! Thanks Holiday Inn. We plan to go back there every year for our Anniversary. We live not too far from the hotel and it seemed like we were on our honeymoon, it was a fun hotel.

• Stayed February 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2005

Snobby front desk, mediocre rooms, people running about the halls at night. We'll not return, for certain. An overall dump in need of renovation. This review can keep getting deleted.. not to worry, I will keep re-submitting, over, over, and over. Front desk treated us quite rudely (burnt out, it appeared), noisy at night, just a dump overall.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2004

My wife and I have stayed at this Holiday Inn an average of 5 or 6 times per year, each year, since 1996. We have ALWAYS had good experiences at this hotel. I have never had any of the negative experiences listed below. We've even used the hotel for week long stays when we've had work done on our home (we live about 1 mile away). We expecially love the pool that is always clean and always the perfect temp. My work requires I travel the US a lot; so I have lots of material for comparison (as well as top level membership in most hotel chains - Marriott, Omni, Hilton, Sheraton, etc.). This Holiday Inn has consistently met or exceeded my expectations for a Holiday Inn level hotel. This hotel cost compared with the amenities and service match perfectly. The only drawback to this hotel is does not provide high-speed internet service (as of Feb. 2004), while two other close-by Holiday Inn's do offer wireless high-speed ability free.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2004

I don't know what the other people were thinking. Not only have I stayed in the hotel but I had my Wedding Rehearsal Dinner there.
Everything was perfectly prepared and went off without a hitch. The staff was very friendly. There was a few wedding parties staying there the nights I stayed but the staff kept the noise to a minimum and did a great job. My hats off to all. I have stayed in a lot of hotels before - this one ranked among the best. Plus the location is excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!