You added Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6921 South Lindbergh Boulevard, Mehlville, Saint Louis, MO 63125   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Mehlville
Lawrence, Kansas
“Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was surprised by how nice this hotel was. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Holiday Inn used to be a hotel that was just not on my list of places to stay, but they are really turning around as a whole and I'm pleased with the new image that they are presenting. Check-in was the fastest that I have ever experienced anywhere! They had my room and information all ready and waiting for me. Seriously, check-in was maybe 3 minutes tops. Now that is top notch service for a 3-star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Camdenton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Called to check availability BEFORE I called to cancel reservation at a seperate hotel and was told there was Plenty of rooms. Called less then 5 mins later and told there weren't any. Ok? Threw a fit til they miraculoisly found me one. Asked for manager...he said he was. Awesome! Check in was good...room was Ok. Pool area a little dirty. Overall it was ok considering I gotthe king room with sofa for $69 off groupon

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a trip to St Louis. The Hotel was a bit hard to access the entrance since you had to drive through a shopping center parking lot. The lobby was very nicely decorated. We needed a handicap accessible room and were given a large room. The staff was very open to removing furniture for us to make the room more maneuverable for our son's power wheelchair. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spotless. My only complaint is the awkward lay out of the bathroom door and the room door. When the bathroom door was open you couldn't get to the room door. After staying for two days, we decided we wanted to stay a third night. We talked to the front desk and they told us they only had two rooms open and we would have to change rooms. We were willing to do this even though it would involve a huge amount of work to transport all of our son's medical needs. The next day, my husband went to ask if how soon we could move into the next room. The front desk told us that they had a cancellation and they would move things around so that we could stay in our room. I would like to give a special thanks to the guy at the front desk (I think his name was Randy) who checked to make sure things had gone smoothly for us as soon as he saw us. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Central Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and comfy. Shower had a non stop drip.
Wireless didn't work in the room too weak. No ethernet port to connect to.
Check in was fast and friendly. Checkout was the same.
Pool area is very cool being lowered down. Very spacious.
Nothing for vip membership. No water, soda, snacks. Come on HI it's the little things that stick out! $11 breakfast bar was way too. Very average food with only one server on a sold out Saturday morning. He worked hard but he was getting drinks greeting customers taking orders restocking the food. Never got drink refills only saw him twice. Hotels fault. Will not stay here again. Remember the little important things!

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear TJ4traveling,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience your breakfast experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Mehlville hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I wasn't expecting too much from the reviews I read about this place but I was pleasantly surprised. You walk into a nice lobby with a new-ish looking set-up and go right to the very friendly front desk personnel. A good start. My wife is kinda picky about how a hotel looks since she is a corporate meeting-planner and is used to high-end hotels but she liked this place a lot. The elevator and hallways were kinda warm but who cares. I'm not sleeping in them. We did have some trouble with a really leaky faucet (the kind that makes you want to run to the bathroom). After maintenance got there around 10pm (!!!) and said it couldn't be fixed quickly, we had to move our stuff to another room. I was looking for a comp of some kind but no go. Kinda stunk but what are ya going to do? The pool was nice, the workout room was really nice, but the cleaning staff looked a little bummed out. Felt bad for them. Good looking place, pleasant staff, decent amenities. This Holiday Inn was a winner.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I took advantage of the Living Social deal online for this hotel and booked for 2 nights (June 28-30, 2013). When I checked into the hotel on a Friday evening the front desk clerk was very friendly (Randy I believe his name was), even offereing to print directions to a place called tee time that he thought my 12yr old daughter who was with me may enjoy. After arriving in our room I noticed it was clean but in desperate need of a remodel. water damage and peeling/crumbeling plaster very apparent in two areas (pictures of the two places attached). After a late night swim I called the front desk to request additional towels as we used most of them to dry off and the response was "let me see what I can find" which floored me for a hotel to sound as if they were out of/low on towels (they did bring two towels up later). Later I called for an extra sheet and was told they did not have any extra and again I was confused as to how a hotel wouldn't have extra of these basic items. My daughter and I took advantage of the shuttle offered for use in a 5 mile radius to have dinner at the Pasta House down the street which was nice and kept me from driving. I also had breakfast on the day of check out and the Woman working in the breakfast area was wonderfully friendly. They only had total and wheaties out for the cereal selection and I asked if they had any "kid friendly" cereal in the back and they happily brought out several boxes for her to choose from. The breakfast offeres a "hot" and "cold" side and its not the best but it is convienant and quick. Over all i was VERY please with the staff and would have give a higher rating other than the condition of the rooms and the fact that they didnt seem to have things I thought would be standard to have extra of like towels and sheets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear sunnid94,

Krysllin G.
baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

overall the hotel was good. The beds were soft and the pillows were cozy. We had a huge group and the hotel was sold out our entire visit so it was pretty hectic there. There is not much nearby but chain restaurants which is unfortunate. We had to search for local food. The gym was fantastic. The weights were brand new and the treadmill was nicer than my own gym. I wish the pool was outside but I am sure it has to do with the limited amt of time it can be open year round.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear xyliafanta,

We would like to thank you for your review regarding your recent visit. We were pleased to see such positive comments about the bed and the fitness center. We were also very happy to see your high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Sleep Quality. We do take these reviews very seriously and will certainly take this into future consideration when making any changes to our hotel. We hope that should you be in the area again we would have the pleasure of serving you again.

Adrian D.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!