“Fun Stay with Great Staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4234 Butler Hill Road, Mehlville, Saint Louis, MO 63129   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Mehlville
Lompoc, California
“Fun Stay with Great Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here 4 nights and 5 days for our vacation in St. Louis. I'll start of by saying the staff couldn't have been any better. They were all nice and friendly. The pools were nice and the large video arcade kept the children happy. It was nice how the rooms opened up into the arcade. They shut down the arcade at 10:00 PM so you don't have to worry about any noise coming from the arcade during the evening hours. The rooms are nice and the extra sleeper chair came in handy. We took advantage of the free drink each night from the bar. We accidently left are medicine bag in the room and didn't realize it until we were 2 hours away, the woman who took my call said she would mail it to our next destination and then called us back to tell us she had it packed and would send it out. I received the package within a couple of days as she stated. The guard walks through the arcade after it closes to make sure no one is horsing around. Our kids were sitting outside our room playing cards quietly and he told them since they were being so quiet they could remain in the arcade dome. I give the entire staff an A+. The free wireless internet worked great. The only thing missing was a free breakfast buffet that other hotels offer in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Alabaster, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

This was my second stay at this hotel. Holiday Inn's tend to be a mixed bag and you never know what you are going to get. This one is showing it's age. It's getting some wrinkles around the edges, nothing too bad but not worth the $99.00 a night rate either. It you like rock hard beds and cheap towels you will be thrilled. It's also not for the single or business traveler. It's a Holidome and ankle biters run amuck, up and down the halls, slamming doors at all hours. The smell of chlorine permeated the entire place. There must have been some serious peeing going on in that pool to justify that amount of chlorine.
The folks at the front desk were super friendly as were all the employees I encountered.
I'd stay here again as the choices are somewhat limited in South County. It's the best to choose from. Do request a room away from 55 as it's very noisy.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nose, terrible beds
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

I wasn't too sure what to expect coming from Chicago going to visit family in Butler Hill and boy was I surprised!! This Holiday Inn was so clean and the staff was wonderful! When was the last time you stayed at a hotel and a live person actually called you at your room to make sure that you had everything and didn't forget something?? Then proceed to say that if you forgot something they offer some COMPLIMENTARY items such as toothpaste or toothbrush, etc. Thank goodness Holiday Inn is going back to traditional common courtesy! I really appreciated that! Great stop for families or just on the go. I wasn't worried about Dateline doing their next exclusive story there.
I highly recommend it.

• Liked — CLEAN
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

Nice clean hotel, About 20 Minutes from the Arch, Convient location if you are coming from the north and going south! Pool area great even! Alot of games in game area. Over good ! Could use more staff in the mornings for guest's who are checking out waited about 10 minutes But I was not in a hurry so it was ok but if I was a coporate traveler on this trip I may have been annoyed.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The wait to check out
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

Everything was terrible. It was 15 degrees outside, and they had the air on in the lobby and restaurant. Pool was dirty. They lost reservation, and then rebooked it under the wrong name, and we were charged twice for it. The internet was down the entire time we were there. Strange people were running in and out of the pool. There were 30 people in the next two rooms, and the hotel was very short staffed and clueless about anything. When we discovered we were double charged, it took them forever to find our reservation, because they had it under the wrong name. It was a terrible experience and environment, and never once did any of their staff apologize.

Stayed February 2008
Springville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

This is a great hotel. Very nice and clean with extremely clean rooms and a fabulous staff. The only downside is they do not offer a continental breakfast for the budget minded but they do have a full restaurant in the hotel. It is very convenient off I-55 and many restaurants within a few miles. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in St. Louis

Stayed July 2007
Farmington, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2007

This is our favorite place to stay when we need a break. I have 3 children 4-14. We always stay in the holidome and the kids love being able to run back forth from the room to pool/arcades. The restaurant has good food. The staff is very nice. This is a great place to stay if you have kids or if you are a kid at heart.

• Liked — the pools/arcades
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55? Share your experiences!