“January trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4234 Butler Hill Road, Mehlville, Saint Louis, MO 63129   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Mehlville
Reno, Nevada
“January trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The staff was awesome. At the front desk, everyone was very helpful. Thomas went out of his way to make sure I had an enjoyable stay. I have a hard time walking and he noticed that my room was quite a walk from the front of the hotel. He went and checked with his manager, and he changed my room to one that was close to front entrance, pool, and restaurant. Although, it was a bit loud in my room being close to the pool; the room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! If I have to make another trip to the area for a conference, I will stay here!! Thanks for an awesome stay!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nicola A, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thomas was so happy you enjoyed his service. Getting great reviews like this really pumps up the staff. The front desk can't wait to have you back. We look forward to seeing you when you attend your next conference.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hannibal, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I was needing a great get a way. To start our Tv was not turning channels. I asked the desk for new batteries. The lady at the desk was rude and told me to turn the tv off for one min . so I did and it did not work. we gave up on the tv. The game and pool room was so filled that the kids could not play games because people had pizza boxes on games eating. When we asked if my son could play the game some lady said "No that's my sons spot." the pool was over crowded and was always out of pool towels. Older couples where making out in the spa and setting on top of each other. What really has me mad was the 30 deposit that I was told I would get back on my card after checkout was never returned. Still hoping to see that. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis South / I-55, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Danielle R,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean, fun and comfortable. The staff was very friendly n helpful. We ate breakfast at the restaurant inside the hotel, the meal cost a little extra that could b added upon check in. The food was very good with very generous portions. The fun dome was the best! Our 10yr old wanted to stay up all night to play. They had a pool, hot tub, kiddie pool, video games, pool table, ping pong table. This was the best hotel stay of r vacation from NY to Nashville, St Louis, and home

• Stayed February 2013
So glad you enjoyed your hotel stay at Holiday Butler Hill. The fundome is the perfect spot for the kids to have fun while they are here, nice to hear the little one had so much fun. We hope you will stop by with us again on your trip.
Paducah, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Last December I arranged a group booking in this hotel for the weekend of 2/8/13-2/10/13. The group reseverations person Lee Ann was extremely helpful setting up the reservation and gave us a link that would take each person directly to the group room block and rate. It couldn't have been easier for people from many different areas to book their rooms. Around 10 days prior to our arrival date, the group travel liaison called me to make sure our plans were still in place and to see if there was anything we needed during our stay. He also made a point of asking what the group was here for. It was very lovely for him to take a personal interest.

On 2/8 our people began to arrival and each one was treated with perfect hospitality. When I arrived I was checked in by Thomas and given a roster of our group with the assigned room numbers which were all in the same corridor. Nobody was far away from anyone else. Also any of the guests requesting refrigerators were already accommodated.

Our group spent the first evening in the hotel restaurant/bar area and continually ordered food and drinks until they closed. Everyone was given great service and the food was wonderful. Most of us also had breakfast both mornings and I particularly loved that they had a full menu breakfast as well as a buffet. I highly recommend the french toast.

I have traveled a lot and stayed in some really fine hotels and am not sure I've ever had any better service from the top to the bottom as I did in this hotel. It is small but very nicely appointed. The rooms are spacious, the beds comfortable, and everything is spotless. The holidome fun area is great for kids as well as group activities if the restaurant isn't open. Our group actually had a pizza party at lunch on Saturday in that area.

I literally could write a lot more but suffice it to say, if I could give the hotel higher than a 5 circle rating I would do so in every category. I saw Thomas again on the day we checked out and he asked how everything went, thanked us for choosing their hotel, and invited us back anytime.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel about 7 years ago and remembered how much fun the kids had in the pool and play area. Now the kids are older and they still had a great time. Great indoor and outdoor pools. Table tennis, air hockey, video games.
The rooms have been renovated and they are very nice and clean. We ate there for dinner and there was 1 other table occupied. The service was very slow as they were serving a wedding reception in the room right next door. When we finally got our food, our burgers were good and we forgot about the Kids Eat Free which was a huge plus!
TIP: They serve cookies and milk in the lobby at 8 p.m. Delicious!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the hotel after a wedding and were pleased with the room. It had a king size bed and a couch and table. Nice large flat screen tv. We would be happy to stay there again.
We are 55+ with no kids on this trip, but this hotel had a large play area with pool table and game tables as well as an indoor pool and hot tub. Great place for kids.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

i stayed here a few years ago as I have many friends in st. louis. Back then it was an OK accomodation. This time it was a terrific accomodation. The rooms have been upgraded, The bathrooms are modern, the pillows are superb, and the housekeeping is excellent. I am not totally thrilled with their pet friendly approach, but for travelers i do understand it. Just ask for a room that does not have a dog on either side. The yippie types would be an irritation (heard one as I was leaving). That is the only downside. The rest is all positive. Big tip of the hat to the front desk and to the bartender -- (stayed August 17th). Large flat screen TV with a TV channel guide right next to it - wish all hotels followed that lead. Clean - I spilled some excess water on the floor so I used a towel to mop it up. Not a speck of dirt on the towel. huh!! Anyhow, reasonable rates, good location for travelers, pizza delivery in house or nearby, grocery store nearby, pub nearby. All good.

Room Tip: First or second floor away from the pool area IF you don't have children. I had a king bedded ro...