“Great first part of our vacation” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4200 MidAmerica Lane, Mehlville, Saint Louis, MO 63129   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mehlville
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great first part of our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I'm not sure I can say enough great things about my family's stay but it was great for a family of three traveling with a two year old. As soon as we arrived we were greeted and a staff came out with a treasure box for our daughter to choose what she would like. After we were checked in the front desk staffed recommended local restaurants and even knew us by name. I'm sure your thinking it's a small hotel but no they were booked during our 3 night stay. The room was great and spacious, clean, and looked just like the pictures on their website. When in the room we couldn't hear our neighbors conversation, we could hear when they were jumping above us but it wasn't very noticeable. We also visited the pool while on the property and it was great had a cart full of toys for kids to enjoy and there was also a jacuzzi for adults. My husband visited the convenient store on the property or snack shack and stated all of the prices were reasonable and a bit better than the local gas station near. I really enjoyed the freshly baked cookies every night and the cookie lady serving them there was chocolate chip, snicker doodle , white chocolate chip, and etc. The breakfast was great and cost effective they also provided a variety waffles, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, potatoes and etc. the hotel is not near the arch or the zoo but it is well worth it to stay here an drive there. This was such a great stay for me and my family. If we ever visit St. Louis again we will definitely stay here.
Pros:
-front desk staff
-all of the staff
-cookes every night 8-9pm
-breakfast was good every morning and always fresh
- fruit infused water everyday
-great rooms
-clean and well kept property
-utilize Neutrogena products
- everything
Cons:
It's not in the city of St. Louis but that did not matter since it was a great stay. About a 15-20 min drive to the zoo

Definitely would recommend this hotel it was such a good stay. Thank you Hampton Inn and your amazing staff!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write about your experiences during your stay. I am so happy to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed everything from checking in to checking out. We love to have fun here, and one of the best ways to accomplish this, is having fun with the kids. I mean, what better way to end the days than with cookies and milk every night! :) We hope that we will have the pleasure of you staying with us again.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Batesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Have stayed 6 night at this hotel since March and will stay there again. Entire staff is helpful and courteous. The facility is very well maintained and CLEAN. This hotel is worth the few extra dollars.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for writing a review and for all of your kind words. It is great to hear that you found our facility and staff to be EXCELLENT! We have a lot of fun with what we do, and take a lot of pride in our jobs. So to hear our guest feel that, means a lot. We have also been recognized as one of the cleanest Hampton Inn & Suites worldwide, and because of guest like you, it helps us to strive for that. It was our pleasure having you stay with us for the week, and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Your Hampton Staff,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

What a lovely hotel. All the staff, from the ladies at the front desk, to housekeeping, to the cookie lady, could not have been more friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and modern. The elevators were fast and quiet. The pool and hot tub area were kept up even with constant use. Breakfast is free and included eggs, turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cold cereal, bagels and sweet rolls along with coffee, tea, juice and milk. In the evening are fresh baked cookies still warm from the oven with ice cold milk. Wonderful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed every part of your stay. It's sounds like you had the opportunity to experience a lot of our amenities, and nothing is better than to hear that you enjoyed them all. I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Hospitably,

Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is clearly a newer Hampton Inn and Suites. My room seemed to be designed by someone who never actually stayed in a hotel before. There is no phone on or near the desk. The only phone is next to the bed and the cord does not reach the desk. There are no power outlets by the desk. The air conditioning unit is directly across from the bed. Every time it cycled on, it blew cold air right on me. (I hate having air blowing on me.) I ameliorated the problem by moving the desk chair in front of the vent to diffuse the air. I had a phone message. There is no voicemail like most hotels now have. After I got the message from the desk clerk, she forgot to cancel the message light on the phone. I unplugged the phone that night because the blinking light was very annoying. The hotel does have a nice fitness room with good Precor equipment. The treadmills and bike have individual TVs. The elliptical does not but there is big screen TV in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that you found that your room did not suit your needs. If there is any way that we can make it up to you, please do not hesitate let us know. However, I do want to say, that it sounds like you would love our King Studio Suites. They have a large work desk with a phone and outlets conveniently located for diving into work. Also the air unit is on the other side of the room away from the bed. I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again, and possibly see if that room style will help make your stay great.

St Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Every single staff person was the very best! Clean, quiet, great breakfast, easy parking, easy on/off the highway, excellent 4th floor additional security, superb value. Relied on TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am happy to hear that we lived up to the reviews and that you felt your stay was FABULOUS. :) I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you sometime in the near future.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Wonderful hotel. The pool is just great.Most days we had the pool to ourselves. The staff was wonderful. Nice breakfast. Kids looked the cookies in the evening. Best thing: they wash the duvets after every guest.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your stay with others. It is great to hear that you enjoyed everything from our clean rooms, to our cookies, to our hot complimentary breakfast. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Hospitably,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here 4 nights with our two small children. Our room was very clean and the staff was so welcoming. When we returned to the hotel in the afternoons they always asked how our day was. They even remembered our name. I'm sorry I don't remember everyone's name, but everyone we spoke to was friendly and helpful. A few nights we had cookies and Linda was so sweet, especially with the kids. The staff working in the breakfast area were also so sweet! The only minor complaint was the free WiFi, it was pretty slow and kept kicking me off. No big deal , just thought I'd mention it.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is such a joy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I know Linda really appreciated your compliments, so thank you for mentioning her by name. I am sorry that the complimentary Wi-Fi was slow during your visit. Hampton Inn's have added a new upgradeable version to our Wi-Fi to give a second option in case you are ever in need of higher speeds. Hopefully the next time you visit us, the new set up will help with any issues. Again, thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Your Hampton Inn Staff,

(314) 894-1900

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!