“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mehlville
Carthage, United States
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Very clean hotel and rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions for out-of-towners. Fresh baked cookies served in the lobby in the evening and fruit/fresh lemon water available all the time. We would definitely stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time out your day to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that you found everything to be clean and everyone to be helpful. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Your Home Away from Home,

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Normal, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Wonderful. This is the best place we have ever stayed at. The entire staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Everyone down to the person who cleaned our room was friendly. This Hampton Inn appears like it was just build. Very clean and nice in appearance. The pool was nice as well. Breakfast and the cookies the night before was really nice. Great relaxing area to eat. As a family, we loved it. Just wished it was a little bit cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for. 10 out of 10!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am so glad that you found everyone to be extremely pleasant and helpful, and that you feel that our building still looks brand new. I'm glad that your family had the opportunity to enjoy our pool, breakfast and of course our fresh baked cookies. What better way to end a night :). We hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family and I were returning to Wisconsin from a trip to Mississippi. The Hampton Inn was a one night stay before finishing our drive the next day. We were all pleasantly surprised with the friendly service we received upon check-in. Even more impressive were the fresh home-made cookies that were offered to us that evening - baked and provided by the sweetest person we encountered on our trip. She took the time to talk to our small group and made us feel so welcome. If I ever return to St. Louis, the Hampton Inn on South I-55 will be my preferred hotel.

Thank you Hampton Inn for providing my family with an exceptional experience, and the perfect ending to what had already been a great vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much! Thank you for taking the time to share and thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share this with our Cookie Lady. She truly loves what she does, and loves to get know everyone that comes through our doors. I am happy to hear that or staff helped your family end a great vacation with a bang. We hope to see you again.

Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a family friendly, super clean, new and awesome hotel. The best Hampton Inn we've stayed in. King suite is wonderfully laid out. Ample room for family of 4 (pullout couch.). Comfortable beds. Clean room (looks like no one has ever used it). Excellent attentive service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you so much for your glowing review. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything to be super clean and new. Our King Studio Suites have a new design compared to other suites, so it is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the set up. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Your Hampton Hotel,

Strasbourg, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

we spent one night in this hotel after a long drive and really enjoy our short stay. All the staff from check-in to check-out did extremely well, was efficient, polite, and smiling and delivered all the information we needed. the room was very clean, well equipped with an easy internet access. The only weak point is the heating/cooling system which is too noisy when it works. it has to be stopped to sleep well. Otherwise, this hotel is quiet (no particular noise around). The breakfast offered a good choice of various things and the quality of the food was good. we definitely recommend this hotel with no hesitation and will come back if we have the opportunity to stay again in Saint Louis area. this is the place to stay at Saint Louis.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad that you were able to get a goodnights rest after a long drive, and that you found our staff to be so accommodating. I am sorry to hear that our heating/cooling system was noisy during your visit. Our units should barely make any noise. Our maintenance staff has been making the rounds to re-check our systems to assure that they are all working properly and are running quietly. However, if we do have the opportunity to have you stay with us again and you ever notice an issue, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Evan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I'll admit, I'm particular when it comes to customer service, and I was very impressed with the staff here. They were friendly, professional and helpful. I was also happy with how clean my room was, and I checked it over pretty good. The breakfast was good, loved the coffee and the kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Only complaint was sound of heavy footsteps above us at times. Overall, a good experience and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review, and thank you for all of your kind words. We love to hear that someone is particular and that we were able to impress. We also love to hear that people look to find something dirty and that our rooms are so clean that it can't be found. We have an amazing housekeeping staff that has helped us to be ranked as one of the cleanest Hampton Inns worldwide, but nothing is better than hearing it straight from our guests.

Again thank you for your kindness, and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Bartlett, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for the past two years. We have been coming to St. Louis for a Cardinals game for the past several years and discovered this little gem of a hotel two years ago. The rooms are nice, clean, and spacious. The lobby is nice and well appointed and the staff is always so friendly and accomodating. My only recommendation would be to have the staff a little more versed in "things to do" around St. Louis. Not being from the area, my husband and I were looking for a good restaurant and movie theatre and we ended up having to figure it out on our own. Other than that though, our stay was wonderful! We will continue to come back!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your continued visits and for your review. It is great to hear that you are supporting our Cardinals ;) and that you will continue to stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we weren't able to help you find a good restaurant/movie theater while you were visiting. I will look into how we can better our staff with knowing our surrounding areas better. If you ever do have questions though, please don't hesitate to come to the front desk. We have menu's, brochures, etc. for the local area, and will continue to expand our knowledge of the downtown area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

(314) 894-1900

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!