“The best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mehlville
Bella Vista, Arkansas, United States
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

What an awesome hotel! We booked here based on all the excellent reviews, and now we see why! The customer service here is top notch, everyone was extremely nice and helpful. When passing any employee anywhere in the hotel they would always stop to ask if you are enjoying your stay and if they could do anything to make it better. We ended up deciding to go up a day earlier than we had reservations for. We called the Hampton Inn main hotline and they explained since we booked online they could not help us. We called the hotel directly and they were more than happy to help us book 2 rooms for an additional night. The breakfast is the best continental breakfast i've ever seen. They have waffle irons, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon or sausage, oatmeal and also the standard cereal and pastries. They go above and beyond here to make sure you feel at home. This will definitely be where we stay from now on anytime we go back to St Louis. They leave post it notes in the room letting you know that your duvet cover and sheets have been changed and a card is left every day with the name of the person who cleaned your room. Great experience! Highly recommend them! You can tell customer service is their priority. We have had family stay in 4 star hotels downtown that didn't come anywhere close to the customer service here. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. Both were kept extremely clean and there are towels put out on the pool chairs every day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Wow... Thank you so much. That is so nice of you to say that 4 star hotels didn't come close to our service... That is just so kind. We do have an amazing staff here who truly loves what they do. Because of them and because of guest like you, we have received the Connie Award which named us the #1 Hampton Inn & Suites worldwide. It is also great to know that you enjoyed our breakfast. I know our breakfast hostess work hard to make it the best that it can be, and they love hearing feedback. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

(314) 894-1900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mechanicsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the nicest Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in. We stayed in the King Studio which had plenty of room and was nicely decorated. It had a desk that acted as a room divider between the bedroom and sitting area with a TV that could be swiveled back and forth. The room was exceptionally clean and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The only drawback is that it is some distance from downtown St. Louis (about 20 minutes), but there are some nice restaurants nearby. They have your average free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your stay on tripadvisor, and thank you for your awesome description of our room set up. It is sometimes hard to describe the set up of our King Studio Suites, but you hit it on the head. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and that you found everything to be so clean. We have an amazing housekeeping staff that has a great eye for detail, and just an awesome staff in general, that truly loves what they do. I hope that we will get to see you again, sometime in the near future.

Your Clean & Excellent Hotel,

Benton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

ee booked this hampton based on availability (Cards vs Cubs games downtown) and good reviewson tripadvisor. The staff was very nice and offered my son a toy of his choice from a treasure chest at check in. We had the pool to ourselves and everything was very clean. A quick call to the desk from the pool room and someone brought a bunch of pool toys. The only opportunity durring our stay was the crazy person above us on the fourth floor. the staff expressed their concern when i called down to complain. fortunatly my little guy stayed asleep. I know the hotel must hate that rude behavior as well and it isn't their fault. Free breakfast was good as usual and helps to make the stay a better value . fresh baked cookies and milk at 8pm was a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: try for the top floor to avoid noise. many dining choices a few exits south on I-55 in Arnold.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
First I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Secondly I want to apologize again for the noise disturbance that you experienced. We never want anyone to experience that. If there is any way that we can make that up to you, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our cookie hour and that your kids were able to grab a toy at check in along with using our pool toys. What fun is swimming in a pool without some noodles. :) I hope that we will get the opportunity to see you and your family again, and thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel was immaculate, service was fantastic! We stayed 3 nights and were very impressed with hotel staff and cleanliness of room and entire facility. Breakfast was good, and my wife and I enjoyed the "cookie" time each night.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your visit with us. I am happy to hear that you found our service to be FANTASTIC :) and that everything was immaculate. We have an amazing staff that works hard to achieve that, and there is nothing better than to know our guest feel that we are achieving that goal.

Again, thank you for sharing your visit, and I hope that we will get to see you again.

Hospitably,

Brookfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend this hotel to anyone. I travel a lot and I've never received this quality of customer service from every person on staff as I did at this Hampton Inn. They have some sort of recipe for happiness here and it made me look forward to coming home every night -- cuz it felt like coming home. In addition, the facility is beautiful. GREAT Fitness Center for a smaller hotel and awesome breakfasts! You won't regret choosing this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recommendations. I absolutely love that you said we have a recipe for happiness here. We all just truly love what we do, and have a heart for people. We want everyone here to be treated how we would want ourselves and our families treated, and it is great to hear that you felt that. I am also glad to hear that we were able to be a home away from home for you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Your Hampton Family,

Nashville, TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The whole experience was top notch, from the cleanliness of the room to the hotel staff and the awesome complementary breakfast. The location was easy off and on to I-55 and convenient to the places we needed to go during our visit to St. Louis. It was also located near shopping centers and good restaurants. Definitely a hotel I would use again if we are in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is great to know that you found everything to be top notch, and we can't wait to see you again during your next trip to St. Louis.

Your St. Louis Hotel,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We flew into STL, and I had reserved a room at this hotel due to the online reviews. They were spot-on. The hotel is not downtown, but just a short, 15' drive from downtown. The pretty extensive freeway system there makes it very easy to get around. Our friends stayed at a hotel in Creve Coeur. That hotel was awful compared to this one.
The beds were comfortable, and the hotel was very clean. I have stayed at another Hampton, about the same age as this hotel, and the rooms here were smaller, but still roomy.
The hotel staff was very friendly and did not seem disingenuous, like many hospitality staff. The warm cookies and cold milk in the evening were enjoyed by my boyfriend. The cookies are baked Otis Spunkmeier, but good. They also have flavored water at all times in the lobby, as well as some fresh fruit. Teas & coffees also are always available in lobby. The hot tub and pool appeared clean. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be spot on from what other guest reviews have stated. We have an awesome staff here who truly loves their jobs, so it is great to hear that you found everyone here to be genuinely friendly. We hope that we will get the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Ashley Vrtis
(314) 894-1900

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!