The positive reviews for this hotel are very true after having stayed there 2 nights recently. The staff are extra friendly and do everything to make your stay comfortable. They would enquire about our plans for the day to see if they could help in any way. After the first several walks by the front desk, every time being asked how we were doing and the like, we actually started leaving through the back door to avoid this friendly chatter. I guess I'm more comfortable with staff who are there when you need them, but leave you alone at other times. That's just me, but most people probably like the added attention.
We had made reservations earlier in the week. We wanted to try the jacuzzi tub suite, but it was only available for the first of our 2 nights there. The first night we stayed in the room with jacuzzi tub since we were doing an anniversary weekend. The tub was nice, but I don't think it's worth the extra cost. We moved to a regular king room the next morning. The staff made sure the other room was ready early and made our move seamless.
The showers have adjustable heads. The beds, sheets, and duvet were very clean and comfortable. I found the pillows too soft, but didn't request any replacements. I'm used to most hotels having pillows too soft for my taste. The rooms were both quiet. They had microwaves, fridge, coffeemaker, iron, hairdryers, task lighting, flat-screen tv's with HD, wi-fi, etc. Everything worked well.
The breakfast was as described by others. Food was decent and there was a good selection. The staff were quick to replace empty coffee containers, etc. Everyone was very helpful and cordial.
We used the gym to do some free weights and treadmill. See pictures provided. The pool and hot-tub looked clean although we did not use them. There was a box of kids pool toys provided.
We took advantage of the 8pm cookie hour. The cookies (which are freshly-baked and warm) are left in a container for self service, although there were a couple of women there who were available to provide supplies such as silverware, etc. Cold milk is also provided.
The staff really do take pride in maintaining their number one status. They clean everything frequently, are very helpful with all needs, and treat all clients respectfully and courteously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 is located just outside of St. Louis with easy access to downtown. The hotel is located near Anheuser Busch Brewery, which offers tours and tastings daily. Guests can enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South i-55 Hotel Mehlville
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Louis/South i-55
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 Saint Louis, MO