“Comfortable, Staff go above and beyond!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Mehlville
De Soto, Missouri
“Comfortable, Staff go above and beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here with our 2 young boys in a 2 Queen room. The staff were very helpful and friendly right from the start, making fresh cookies in evening, calling to make sure that everything was satisfactory, and even brushing snow off the car and clearing the windshields early in the morning. The room was very pleasant and spotlessly clean, and the beds very comfortable. The pool was larger than most, sparking clean and they even had a cart full of pool toys available for the kids to play with. Breakfast was great with fresh waffles, sausage, western omlettes, biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, variety of breads, juices, etc., all of which were fresh and had not been sitting around. Overall, this was probably one of the nicest Hamptons we have stayed in, and we would definitely return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I first want to start out thanking you for taking time out of your schedule to comment on trip advisor, so that others may learn of our hotel. We take great pride in caring for our guest and treating them as our family and giving them a home away from home. I’m so glad to hear that you felt that care during your stay.
I specifically want to thank you for mentioning the specific things you noticed, like your scraped windows, pool toys, and how clean you found our hotel to be. We actually have received the #1 spot for the sparkle award for over a year now, which means Hampton has recognized us as the cleanest Hampton Inn world wide. And with the pool toys, and scraping of windows, we are always looking for new ideas to make your stay more comfortable, which we find the best ideas come from how we would want us and our family treated.
Thank you for becoming part of our family, and I hope we get to see you and your boys again sometime soon.

Hospitably,

564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel staff made me look good giving my group the best service possible. They were friendly and wanted to help in any way that they could. They found ways to make our stay better. For example, they had directions to our destination printed for each member of our group.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and booking your group here. Also, thank you for taking out time to write a comment. I am so glad to hear that the directions we had pre printed for your group worked out so well. We try our best to be prepared and be one step ahead of our guest needs, and it’s always nice to hear that we accomplish those goals.

Thank you and I hope we get to see you and the group here in the future.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Rarely does any business deserve this many stars, but this Hampton does. From the amazing Elizabeth checking me in, to the GM, to all the staff....they were amazing. The attitude of the employees here rivals those I have found in Ritz-Carltons. I cannot rave enough about this place, and have recommended it to many people heading to St. Louis. I've stayed in probably 6 other local hotels, and especially for the price, this one wins hands down. My other top hotel would be the Ameristar-St. Charles on the other side of town.
Hampton looks like just another hotel, but from the minute you walk in, you realize it isn't. If you feel like you need extra security if you are woman traveling alone, ask for the secure 4th floor.
I won't stay anywhere else in St. Louis. Use your AAA card for a discount!

Room Tip: 4th floor is accessed by keycard only.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words and ranking on our hotel. We work very hard to give the service that we also feel is deserving of 5 stars, and it is so nice for our employees to hear that our guest also see all of that hard work.
I also want to say thank you for recommending us to others that may be heading our way, hopefully we will get a chance to wow them as well.
I am glad you enjoyed our extra security 4th floor. Even though we are located in a good area of St. Louis, we thought it would be a nice feature to add. It is the same as all of our other floors, you just have to use a key to access that particular floor.
Again, thank you for taking out time in you schedule to write a comment. Hopefully we will get to see you again soon.

Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Being a woman traveling alone, I was interested in staying in a safe hotel with "open space" since I live in the country. The hotel "fit the bill" and was fresh and clean but, what impressed me were the people. I am a strong proponent of customer service and friendliness I have not seen this kind of service in any store, restaurant, etc... in a long time- they genuinely care about the customer and take pride in their job and hotel. AWESOME!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
I know I had the rare opportunity to thank you in person for sharing with others your thoughts about our hotel, but I wanted to say again how happy I am that you felt that our customer service is something to share. That’s why all of us working here are in this business. We love people, and we love to make them happy.

I look forward to your next visit with us, and I hope all is well with you.

Your home away from home,

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

1st this is a real review. We have stayed at this Hampton on multiple occasions at various times of year. My husband's job requires him to be there for school and I always travel with him because I know we will stay here! The staff is un-comparable, friendly, helpful and always always welcoming. We had snowy conditions on our last trip and were greeted in the lobby with hot soup and bread in the evening. We recommend this hotel highly to everyone we know. Thank you for always making us feel like family. 5 stars doesn't seem high enough marks.
The Hartley family

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I have to start out by saying, I love that you said this is a real review. It is always exciting for us when we truly surprise our guest.

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking time out of your day to comment on trip advisor. It is truly a blessing.

Every night we do have our fresh baked cookies with milk, but on those nights where we know it might be to icy to drive we do our best to have another option for food. That way our guests don’t have to brave those icy conditions.

Thank you for recommending us to others and for becoming part of our family. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to St. Louis.

Your Hampton Family,

Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Many people have given rave reviews to the staff at this hotel. Their kind words are just the beginning. Starting at checkin, Elizabeth and Jordan were SUPERB! This great feeling continued into the evening with Michael and Alice. I tried to buy some mouthwash from the Suite Shop, but they gave me two bottles from the hotel's supply for free. Then, there was the Cookie Lady (I didn't get her name). She was so nice and friendly. Kaela from housekeeping had cleaned my room that day. It was immaculate. The next morning, Natalie said hello to me when I left the Fitness Center. Tracy, the Breakfast hostess, started a conversation about the weather. This staff makes you feel like you're at home with friends. I'll be back every time I'm in the St. Louis area.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your kind words, but from everyone you mentioned, THANK YOU!

It’s rare that our employees get named specifically, and it just makes our team feel extra special when that happens.

So thank you for taking out the time to write such a wonderful review, and for remembering our names. Everyone can’t wait to see you again.

Your friends,

DeLand, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a newer property, but they have the Hampton Inn business traveler recipe down pat. Great friendly staff, large breakfast area to spread out and maybe answer a few emails before you start your day. My favorite part of this property is that they use the new touch-keys. You don't have to worry about finding the key slot or swiping too fast to get the door open. Just touch your key (or if your key is tucked inside your wallet, pull it out and touch the wallet) and the door opens right up!

Room Tip: I was placed at the front of the property facing the same direction as the front door and never hear...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!