“Great new property. Friendly, helpful staff and cool touch keys to open your room door when your arms are full.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Mehlville
DeLand, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a newer property, but they have the Hampton Inn business traveler recipe down pat. Great friendly staff, large breakfast area to spread out and maybe answer a few emails before you start your day. My favorite part of this property is that they use the new touch-keys. You don't have to worry about finding the key slot or swiping too fast to get the door open. Just touch your key (or if your key is tucked inside your wallet, pull it out and touch the wallet) and the door opens right up!

Room Tip: I was placed at the front of the property facing the same direction as the front door and never hear...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

585 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel was very nice. We had no complaints. Like other reviews said, the staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only negative thing was that the tile flooring around the pool was very slippery! Even though my 4 year old daughter was walking on it, she still slipped and fell. She did not get hurt though. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to others. Thanks to trip advisor, we found another great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This newer property (less than 2 years old I believe), is a great example of how hard Hilton is working to refresh the Hampton brand with its new properties. The lobby and dining areas are classy yet comfy, and the rooms are just fantastic. And while I consistently enjoy great service from all of the Hilton brands, I'm sure you'll see from the other glowing reviews of this property that the staff here is a notch or two above. Midwest friendly, plus Hampton courtesy, plus some other magic ingredient that allows them to shine. My sister recommended this property to me, and I encourage you to enjoy the hospitality here when you need a hotel that is conveniently located near I-270 & I-55 in the south St. Louis area.

Room Tip: I asked and received a top floor room which was "insulated" by requiring key access both i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I seriously cannot say enough about this property. The employees are unreal. I had two guys help me scrape the ice from my car this morning. They actually were scraping the ice off every car in the lot. You will not even get that service at a 5-star property. The customer service is the best out of any property I visit and I travel around the country weekly. The rooms are quiet. The rooms are CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. The management and employees take a lot of pride in running this property and you can tell it is a team effort.

• Stayed December 2012
Long Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is in impeccable shape. The rooms are nice and clean and updated as is the rest of the hotel. Incredibly friendly staff that were sincere in their comments and questions. I have stayed at hampton's all over the country and this is by far the best around. Kudos to the management team for all of their hard work and dedication - it is obvious you really care about your guests.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has a key only access in the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

...and it was a wise choice!

Very friendly staff! Some of the best staff I've seen at a hotel in a long time. We used stay in Hampton Inn hotels when they first came around but found them falling short on quality very quickly. We haven't stayed in one for many years so I was hesitant but trusted TA reviewers enough to try it again. They came through on this one.

The breakfast is good. I'd give it 4 out of 5 for that. Biscuits were a little hard and powder eggs weren't the best but everything else was great. The oatmeal and instant orange juice (machine) were particularly excellent.

The rooms are very nicely decorated. Love the mood lighting above the window wall/cabinets! The bathrooms were very clean and nice. If I were to complain about something it's how hollow the floors are between the rooms. It's wood/steel and not solid concrete so you can hear people above you walking. The other very minor thing was I didn't like how you couldn't force the a/c to constantly blow on high speed fan instead of just auto fan. I like room white noise when i sleep. Good thing I brought my travel fan.

The double bed rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave so that's nice. The flat screen tv is nice and has hookups for those that like to bring their own DVD player, iPhone, or gaming system. I noticed it had component type (red/white/yellow) connections. I didn't get a chance to see if it had composite or HDMI or USB. sorry.

The hotel is south of town but its worth it just to stay away from the craziness. It's an easy place to get to and just as easy to hop right on 55 to go north or south. There is no highway noise on the east side. Not sure about the west but I doubt any noise there too.

I'm still overwhelmed on the nice staff! This hotel is a great choice! We will certainly return.

If you need a hotel closer in town the Homewood Suites at the Galleria is a great choice on a non-holiday weekend. The staff is super nice and all the nice major chain restaurants are close by, Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, etc. Don't stay on a holiday weekend cause the breakfast is swamped! Too small of space and not enough staff to work it. Other than that its a great place too.

Hope I helped ya!

• Stayed November 2012
SLC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Without question, the best Hampton I've ever stayed in.
Building, service, rooms, all of it the best.

When have you ever stayed in a hotel that scrapped your car windows everyornimg before you left?

Simply the best!!!!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!