“Charge for crush red peppers?!” 3 of 5 stars

0118 9797044
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zizzi - Wokingham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 107 Restaurants in Wokingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don't do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We're all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Our Wokingham restaurant is situated right of Broad Street, next to the High Street. Take a gander around the old market town and then rest your weary legs at ours and have a bite to refuel. The chefs table allows a close up view of the kitchen at work, while leather booths and the conservatory area are perfect for a more private dining experience. If you're ever in the area, come see the Mulberry bushes, the Tudor houses and Zizzi. And if you're celebrating something special our party menus are perfect!
San Diego, California
“Charge for crush red peppers?!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at a few restaurants while staying in Wokingham and Zizzi was one of them. We went into Zizzi's for dinner one evening.

First impression when we walked in was the place seemed nice. They had a guy cooking upfront and the employees were very friendly.

I ordered a steak salad, my husband had a pizza, we also ordered calamari and cheesy garlic bread for appetizers. Also had a lava cake with ice cream for dessert.

The fried calamari was a bite chewy and undercooked. Usually when we order calamari in the states it comes out crisp to perfection.

The cheesy garlic bread was good but I could have been way better without the caramelized onions that came on top of the garlic bread.

My steak salad was pretty good. I enjoyed it. Even though the steak that came on top of my salad was really over cooked and chewy.

The pizza my husband order was pretty good. My husband asked the waitress for some crushed red peppers and I couldn't believe when we saw the bill that they actually charged us for the crushed red peppers. Not to mention it was just a few pinches of crushed red peppers not as if we ordered a handful. I thought that was ridiculous. Might as well have just charged us for the salt and black pepper as well!

Last but not least the chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream. Lets just say the lava cake had potential but it never got there it was just ok. The chocolate inside the cake didn't ooze out like how it was suppose too. Obviously it wasn't freshly baked. Seems as if they had to warm it up in the microwave but didn't warm it up enough...

I probably wouldn't come back here if I were to ever visit Wokingham again...don't get me wrong, our waitress was very sweet but the food was just ok to me.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

“Superb fish - who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Fish stew was fantastic; squid ink linguine also excellent.
Seriously impressed with flavours and textures, the fish stew is cooked in the bag and comes out steaming and delicious.
Mussels, squid, prawns, sea bass and best of all smoked fish with a rich, deep lingering flavour.
Served by Harriet; friendly, attentive, polite, professional and knowledgeable.
Go to Zizzi, ignore the pizza and delight in the seafood!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Great For Families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My kids love going to Zizzis - they have great food for them, the service is great and they're always kept entertained. The atmosphere is lovely there, and it's a great place to go, even for an adult-only meal. Love the salads!

Visited March 2013
UK
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Been here a number of times over the last 6 months and every time it has been excellent. Great food, reliable and excellent staff. Service has always been great for us and never a complaint. Cleanliness excellent. Of the chains in Wokingham this is in our opinion the best all round. Worth reserving a table as even on a week night can get busy. Last visit was a few days ago.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have visited this Zizzi's a couple of times in last 6 months and service is always excellent. GFriendly without being intrusive. Well cooked food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food