“fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

i have always had a good experience at this restaurant. the food and the service is always excellent. the staff are friendly, polite and helpful. they give you recommendations if you are torn between 2 meals. new managment are great. me and my friends had a really enjoyable night and they will definetly will be returning!! keep up the good work!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St Helens, United Kingdom
“Rude staff and terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Positive first ... Lovely old pub, initial waitress was pleasant when taking our order. We went as a group 13 for a birthday meal ,starter was awful had salad neither hubby or I could eat it , I ordered a steak for main which was in edible ,tough rubbery .... Gristly , I told the waitress that I couldn't eat my meal .... At this point I had more in a tissue than on the plate, she said she would tell the chef..... Never came back..... Needless to say meal was wasted, hubby had chicken said it wasn't good, but everybody who had burger said they were good, when we came to pay I again mentioned that steak want fit for consumption , and got told chef knew about it and there was nothing to be done, I tried to talk to waitress who walked off mid conversation .... So rude, the bill was also mixed up with a friends and took ages to sort out, will never go back due to the rudeness of some ... Not all ... Staff and the poor quality food ... Left hungry .... Within several hours my daughter had severe vomiting and diarrhoea ..... May be just coincidental .... But who knows

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Bottle & Glass Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Jules9965

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Bottle & glass Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Merseyside, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Friendly atmosphere as soon as you walk into this establishment. Excellent and pleasant service by all staff. Food was very good. Will definitely be visiting this pub again and will be recommending it to friends.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
England
“Very Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We visited on Mother's Day. We had chicken, pork and heather pate with caramalised red onion chutney and toast, smoked salmon pate and a half pint of prawns. For mains we had gourmet burgers, sea bass and seared scallops and both turkey lunch and beef lunches. All were well cooked and the sea bass and gourmet burgers deserved special praise. The service was attentive without being over effusive. We will most certainly return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Beautiful pub, average and costly food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I debated about going back to the bottle as I have sent food back in the past. I went back recently due to it being a convenient meeting place for a friend from Wigan. Beautiful , warm pub inside but the food is something else. Sorry. I think that a lot of it is frozen, certainly the chips are . It does not have a home cooked taste, yet charges prices as if it were. I really want to like the quality of food here ! But I can't. Management you seriously need to do something about the food that you are churning out!

Visited March 2014