“2nd Time Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Liverpool
“2nd Time Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We decided to have a evening meal out on Halloween. It was a last minute decision and I made sure that I could book a table for early that evening. As on our previous visit, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The food was of a very good standard and a reasonable price, with a good wine and beer selection. The staff were dressed up in halloween costumes, which added to the friendly atmosphere. I can say with some confidence that it will not be the last time we are customers at this Inn.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

liverpool
“First but definitely not our last Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

An easily accessible restaurant with a great family pub atmosphere. So good, it is wise to book in advance. Brilliant menu, something for all, well cooked and presented tasty food, served by friendly knowledgable staff. A place where you felt you had been before and everyone seemed at home whether having a casual drink or evening dinner. Looking forward already to our next drive out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rainford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We are regulars at The Star Inn in Rainford so may be slightly biased but the food, drinks, service and atmosphere are always great. Testament to that is the fact that it can be tricky to get a short notice table as it's so popular so book well in advance.

Judith and all the staff are so welcoming, it's like going to visit family every time you go.

Go hungry though as the portions are big and the chips are the best around so there are never any left overs!! It's making me wish I'd booked for tonight now!

Visited August 2012
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have eaten here about 8 times, the food is always great, plenty of choice, excellent service and a good choice of wines and real ales!!!
All good fresh home cooked food, I tend to have quite a lot the lamb cooked greek style absolutley delicious.
Be aware though you always have to book.................................

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
st helens
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I together with 2 friends ate at the Star this week.As always Judith gave us a very warm welcome in fact we like to think of her as a friend.She does the front of house very very well and is always very friendly to all the customers always making sure you are alright and to check the food is to her high standards. This visit for my mains I had the calves liver it was quite magical my friends had the duck and my wife had the salmon suffice to say there were lots of empty plates. To top everything off Bernard Judiths husband runs a bar with some very special beers to choose from, all in all a very special place to have a meal at, and I could not recommend it enough.

• Visited August 2012