“Simply superb ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
liverpool
“Simply superb ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for years now and over the years I've introduced my friends and family. I've never one thought of writing a review until now agree learning that there where some negative reviews on here, I'm shocked there are any!!!!!! Let's start with the staff (i hate using that word because it's so impersonal). Ella and all the others are fantastic, no matter how busy it gets (and it rightly does) I have never ever had one complaint always a friendly smiley facedisturbing others and " how is your food". We tend to go early on 2 counts 1 the early bird menu is fantastic and unbelievable value" And 2 we tend take our kids one 12 one 18months and we don't like disturbing others if the little one is being naughty ( which she never is) perhaps other parents should think like this! Anyway the food is out of this world!!! The kleftico is to die for!!!!! I've been to Greece and Cyprus and never once had kleftico this good, other winners are the afelia (spelling) sausages, meatballs and the humble steak. To be honest never ever had a bad meal. This place along with maybe 2 others are shining lights in another wise bleak town that I call home. Just go and try it I guarantee you won't regret it!!!!

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Greek Style Restaurant, Great Food, Great Value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have visited this restaurant for years and it is at the best its ever been, I would definitely recommend it. We had a fabulous meal on Friday 9 November. The menu has plenty of choice. I choose tsatsiki dip served with fresh warm bread, other menbers of our party had dolmades, white bait and calamari, all delicious. For main course I had the king prawns in ouzo and cream, delicious! My husband had a kebab with a side order of daz sauce which gives it more moisture if you prefer sauces and not just chargrilled meat. Our meals were accompanied by a savoury rice and Chunky chips with black pepper and sea salt, very nice! We had traditional greek desserts, Baklava and Halva, really tasty. Our waiter, Peter, was very attentive and friendly. All the staff were welcoming and helpful. Excellent value for money, Excellent cleanliness throughout.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Merseyside
“Service good, prices good, food poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Maybe I chose the wrong meal but I was very disappointed when I went. I ordered the special kebab and the meat was very dry and came with just tiny bits of salad. The potato wedges were the worst "chips" I have ever had. Completely dry and tasteless. The rice seemed ok but you really need some kind of a sauce with rice. My friend had the meatballs and she said they were OK but nothing special. She agreed that the potatoes were dry and tasteless.The house wine was very nice and excellent value for money. The last time I went which was over a year ago when the potato wedges were lovely and the food was good, so I don't know what's happened between then and now. The service was very good and the prices are very reasonable but if the food is no good that doesn't really help.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
liverpool
“melt in your mouth meat dishes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The meat at the Limassol is always first class, whether you choose kebab or casseroled, so tender it just breaks as you show it your knife. The choice is varied and the warm bread with dips for starters is gorgeous, make sure you leave enough room for your main meal! Good value and excellent staff.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“A traditional Greek fayre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Limasol's has maintained a good quality of food and service for many years and is excellent for a party or celebration.
The greek nights and early doors menu are worth trying

Visited October 2013