“Great food spoiled by poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 94 Restaurants in Bromsgrove
Cuisines: British, Grill, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Forest Harvester in Bromsgrove food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Bromsgrove, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Lickey End, Blackwell and Sidemoor, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Great food spoiled by poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Looking for somewhere to eat whilst on a journey, we visited here as it was both conveniently located and a Harvester.

We thought we had a good idea what we were getting before we walked through the doors, knew we liked the menu before even looking and trusted in the brand to deliver the service you associate with it.

The service was poor and slow. The initial greet seemed to take an age, we were pointed to a table, not led there, the ‘bottomless’ glasses were placed on our table but we were not guided to the drinks machine and there was no invite to visit the complimentary salad cart, no check-back during the meal. I think you get the point …

Having said that, the food was really very good, better than expected for both meals … but having finished eating, we sat for 10 minutes with empty plates.

Funnily there was a group of older ladies on the table opposite us who were very vocal about the poor service, which reassured me I wasn’t just being fussy!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Won't be returning.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I only live around the corner from this Harvester, and have used it several times over the
Last couple of years. Nothing great but as I’ve mentioned it’s local.

However, after our last visit for Brunch, we will not be going back. Slow service, grotty hygiene and
Cold food. Not a good experience at all. I know it’s cheap, but dirty teapots and cutlery along with
Cold food is not acceptable whatever the price.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Spolit for choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having tried a Harvester recently in York I was a little sceptical BUT this recent visit has changed my mind. The choice, as usual, was fantastic but this time the food came quickly and was excellent quality and more than enough for even large appetites. Our server was friendly and efficient.

Visited November 2012
uk
“Motorway Break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good location if you want to break your journey, even if no direct access back onto M42 North.

Slow to greet us and take our order, but food came very quickly & was good - Harvester standards: Chicken & Ribs - salad bar continues to add value

Had to ask for the bill.

Noticed as we left a poster for a £4.99(?) meal offer but not made aware of this when we ordered

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“DISAPOINTED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked a meal two weeks in advance for 13 people at the Forest Pub to celebrate our Grandsons 18th Birthday. However when we arrived we were told that our table had been given to another party who were not happy with their table. Therefore, we were informed we would have to wait until some other guests paid and left then they would put some tables together for us. These were subsequently set up across the doorway to the restaurant and next to the cooking area. We said we were not happy with the location and the Manager said you are lucky to have been able to book a table for 13 we dont usually take more that 10. I said nobody told me that when I booked, but the manager contunued to argue. Then my Son arrived and asked what was the trouble. The Manager soon changed his attitude and gave us a table elsewhere. My Husband and I feel that because we are elderly the (so called) manager thought he could bully us. I will never go there again. We sent an email to the Harvester Head Office but have heard nothing back. Take my advice and avoid this pup.

• Visited October 2012