“Hilton Hotel Bromsgrove” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Bromsgrove
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Hilton Hotel Bromsgrove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Many business stays at this hotel - always excellent service and welcome. Great value for money and easy commute into Birmingham etc.. The hotel is clean with excellent staff service and decent food. Room services is prompt and of an excellent standard. Breakfast is buffet service with freshly cooked eggs to order apart from scrambled. Plenty of secure car parking with good lighting

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Doesn't look much from the outside but our room was lovely; spacious, clean and excellent facilities. Breakfast options were vast and the bar wasn't badly priced for a hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Unless it's stated as included you do have to pay for parking which personally I think should be included in the accommodation cost.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel to break a long journey and it did the job well. Nice sized clean room and good fresh breakfast. Why are hotel restaurants and bars so pricey? We used the carvery restaurant five minutes walk away!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed in many Hilton hotels both in the UK and other countries and was thoroughly shocked by my experience here, I will never choose to stay here again. First of all, everything in this hotel comes at a ridiculous cost, and what I thought was a good value hotel turned out not to be. The Hilton is not a budget brand and I know what to expect, but this particular hotel seemed to employ many of the tricks such brands would to make it look like on the face of things I am getting good value for my stay. Examples of this include £15 for 24 hours of wifi access, £5 per night car parking and even the tray charge, which was £5 for someone to carry a tray around the corner from the restaurant to my room. The food itself was also horrendously overpriced for what it was, if I'd have known what I was to receive in return for my money I would have eaten elsewhere. Furthermore, upon waking up in the morning I discovered a rather gruesome looking stain on the bed which due to it's location and colour I assumed was menstrual blood. The room itself in terms of cleanliness was average at best with the exception of the bathroom which was again substandard due to the fact that a lot of the tiles were cracked and the walls were peeling in every corner and it looked in dire need of refurbishment. Two of the lights in the room didn't work either and a large roll of carpet was placed near my room which I almost tripped over in the morning.
When I spoke to reception to report my concerns, I was given a form to fill in which I then retuned to the Hilton staff and was told I would be contacted by the general manager as soon as they returned to the hotel. It has been a week since I stayed at the Hilton Bromsgrove and I have still received no call despite the assurances of the staff that I would hear back. I even called the hotel back and was told the manager would be in touch again. I fail to understand why the Hilton Bromsgrove would not get in touch with me and it makes me wonder whether they are used to such negative reviews of the hotel. It shocks me that Hilton are comfortable with having their name associated with such a property.

Room Tip: Check the sheets before you use the bed. Apparently cleaning is not handled in house and the Hilton...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atherstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel as part of Wedding Party booking. Excellent Room large and well furnished with a big comfy bed which was very welcome after a very long day. Excellent breakfast with lots of choice and friendly efficient check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff are wonderful, had issues with Internet, reception staff hooked me up with BT the service provider and helped me resolve the problem, restaurant was superb, bacon and black pudding salad followed by lambs liver - both awesome, room big, bright and in very good condition.
Hard to fault!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel to visit relatives near by & used the Hilton Honours plus cash scheme which was very good value. Not over happy at having to pay £5 each night for car parking.
The hotel in general was very smart and clean even though there were weddings taking place on both nights we were there.
We had a family room which contained 2 king sized beds whcih were very comfortable & the beddeing and towels were changed each day. TV service provided was excellent and really could not fault it. Had a couple of minor problems with room which were sorted by the time we returned to the room with a Cadbury chocolate bar & note telling us the repair had been done. All in all a very good hotel.
It was very unusual to have the washbasin in the passage between the entrance to the room and the bathroom. This had no door on and so there was no privacy when having a wash. The light for the bathroom also operated the light above the sink so the whol;e bed room got lit up. The door to the bathroom just skimmed past the toilet seat & the bath opposite meaning that you had to stand in the bath to open & close the door. Weird. Who does design these things? Does no one check them before the builders leave?
We did not eat there as we were visitng relatives nearby & only needed a bed. We did think that £20 for 2 breakfasts was excessive especially as we were only looking for toast or a bacon sandwich etc.
Looking forward to our return anyway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove? Share your experiences!