“Excellent as always” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been eating here over the last 20 years, I have never had a bad meal. The food is always superbly cooked & a generous portion is always given. Staff are always very polite & helpful.
Definitely well worth a visit!!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Would strongly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Today I was taken to this lovely pub by a friend who is a regular there. It was my first time. There is a lively atmosphere but not too noisey. It is ideal for families and I was surprised to see how many families with young children attended. There is an extensive daily menu, specials and a standard menu including light bites, snacks and platters to share. There is a great selection of fish and vegetarian options. The menu included the usual standard items and some unusual items eg snapper and jerk burgers. I had sea bass, one friend had salmon in champagne sauce and the other had chicken burger. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The prices were very competitive, the staff were friendly and polite. We waited a while for our food however, the pub was busy and the food was well worth waiting for. I could tell it was freshly made. I would reccomend this pub and will definately be going back.

Visited February 2013
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Was expensive but quality severely poor quality.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited today for a family meal, two of the dishes we ordered were steak, one ribeye and one rump which I expected to be tougher than the ribeye, however the ribeye was nothing more than a lump of bloody fat, ordered well done but oozing blood. Mine was rump and again a lump of bloody fat, the 4 prawns were good but the new potatoes that I ordered although first time round they gave me chips, tastes liked they had been microwaved to warm up. Spoke to manager who offered refund but didn't really address the problems we experienced. We eat out at least twice a week and first time ever we have sent two meals back. Very disappointed as menu promises a good tasty meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“best pub in bromsgrove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

we visit the swan at least once a month for a few drinks and a meal, i must say every time we have attended so far our meals have been excellent, no need for a dessert as we are always too full. The staff are always friendly and helpful.
we have attempted to book for xmas dinner for the past two years, only to be informed that its fully booked, this year i shall be making my reservation early. I have no hesiation in recommending this pub to anyone - its the best place in bromsgrove !!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This pub is listed twice so I felt it worth reviewing twice. Great service from friendly landlady. Extensive menu with offer prices. Mixed menu of English, Italian, Chinese and Indian influenced meals so everyone should find something to suit. Various sized meals available too and a nice touch for toddlers with a selection of finger foods to choose from. Quiet environment and great following or prior to garden centre visit nearby.