“Aristides would approve!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Greek, British
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Langtry's is the only fusion restaurant in Bromsgrove offering a delicious menu that nicely blends Greek and modern British cuisine. It is a combination of high quality food with the finest wines and beers from around the world all against the background of a perfect atmosphere.If you would like to experience the authentic Greek cuisine; Langtry’s restaurant is the best place to visit.
London
“Aristides would approve!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We found this place quite by chance, offering "Greek Cuisine". We recall it as a tea shop some years ago. We walked in quite late and were made to feel very welcome. The food was as good as I have enjoyed on holiday in Greece, the service good and the value excellent. The only missing element for us was the sound of waves gently lapping a sandy beach. All in a very just description of what they set out to do and have delivered. I would recommend easily and will go again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food, gorgeous building, a gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011 via mobile

I don't often post reviews, but had to reply to Dartagnian's comments. I have visited Langtrys 4-5 times so far with friends and family, and we have always been very happy with the food and the service, which is why we always go back. We have sampled many of the dishes, and everything is always fresh, delicious, and the portions generous. The "kebab", by which I suspect you mean souvlaki, is my husband's favourite. "Cardboard" and "last week's oil", certainly don't match the restaurant we visit, and it irritates me to see good restaurants so harshly critiscised by what I suspect to be serial complainers. I await your next review of another of Bromsgrove's restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Website promises so much but the reality is different. It took 45 minutes before the scallop starter arrived and it wasn;t worth the wait. 4 or 5 luke warm cockle sized scallops certainly wasn't worth the ambitious pricing. Main courses of steak and kebab were so overcooked it was like eating cardboard. "Chunky Chips" were reconstituted affairs that had clearly been deep fried in last weeks oil - totally inedible.
I think they should stick to web design - leave the cooking to those who know what they are doing.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Solihull
“David on size Goliath on taste and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was part of a small group of friends visiting Tom a friend from Bromsgrove when I came to dine at Langtry's. Small on size but nicely decorated the restaurant made you feel relaxed and welcome. The food was very tasty and you could easily recognise that the chef used fresh local produce to create the dishes. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome and happy at all times. Worth visiting again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcestershire
“It could and should be so much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

It is tucked up a small side alley off the main High Street. Small and quaint with an old world feel. The menu is fine and the coffee good. It is a shame that the service is dreadful. We are sure the management must have changed in the last year as it was fine. The young staff do not seem to have been trained in any customer service skills. They are not rude just inept and clueless. The older staff are far from the warmest either. We have battled on thinking these were just one offs. After 5 visits it was apparent they were not. The last two visits consisted of my wife’s order being missing (this despite telling them 3 times it was incomplete). It then arrived 10 minutes after I had eaten and drank mine. The next visit we sat for 25 mins without being served – others arrived after and were served – we got up and left. Bromsgrove has too many coffee shops and with service like this they may have one less very soon. The sad thing is it so very easy to fix.

• Visited July 2011