“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having felt disappointed before on a visit to the Ealing branch I have to say this one was much nicer, It may be because I dined in the evening and the atmosphere with lively show tunes- sinatra, i think was very pleasant.
We had the 2 course deal for 9.95 which is good value and made up for a small hiccup at the start of the evening. This was also rectified by us having a drink on the house but then I did make a bit of a fuss, as I believe one should when things are lacking.
We both had the milanese chicken which was very good and the bruscetta to start,
I think a lot rides on the atmosphere which in Pinner is preferable to Ealing which feels cold and impersonal poss because they have the shop part at the front.
I will go again. The service, after all was good and this was a nice surprise.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

East Molesey, United Kingdom
“Consistently good authentic Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I meet a friend here every couple of weeks or so, usually for an early breakfast.
The place is generally empty when we arrive (when it opens @ 8am) but by 10am it has filled up.
The service is generally good and also friendly and helpful.
Any mistake is always rectified with a smile.
Breakfast menu is varied from the basic toast (and excellent) fig preserve to eggs etc in various guises & its a lovely atmosphere to pass a couple of relaxed hours.

This week we met later at lunchtime. With the exception of nearby parking being a pain (which certainly can't be blamed on the restaurant) the restaurant was much fuller but the service was still good and quick.

We chose a light lunch of borlotti bean soup which came with focaccia bread ~ it was really excellent and I have to say some of the most authentic Italian fare I have tasted outside of Italy itself (it immediately took me back to a visit to Bologna where I ate something very similar).

What I particularly like about this Carluccios is that it is not one large open 'space' but has various nooks and crannies which allow some privacy and a feeling of intimacy ~ I really don't want to share my conversation with the world like you feel you are doing in some larger restaurants.

For the value and quality, I don't think it can be bettered in the Cobham area

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Pleasant place excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Attentive waiter and good food. I went with several friends all of whom were very happy with the set lunch menu. I went al a carte and was happy with my main course of pasta fungi though the texture of the panacotta was a little firm.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
“Twice Bitten”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

have visited twice in the last two weeks, the Tuesday evening after Easter and lunchtime on a Thursday. I was disappointed. Tuesday evening service was slow ( despite few dinners) and apologies were many from the one poor young waiter rushing to keep things ticking. On Thursday lunchtime - the food was so poor that everyone in the row in which I was sitting complained. I sent my pasta back and did not want a replacement. The manager refunded our food bill, I asked if the chef was new but he said he was very experienced but having a bad day !
Visited Carluccios in Brighton the day after... spot on, with service and quality of food. Come on Watford catch up !

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Doha, Qatar
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were glad to have booked a table as the restaurant was full, which actually made for a nice atmosphere given the space between tables and light background music. Our waiter provided a great level of service, he asked each one of us how our food was, if he could get us everything else, and he was a delight (apart from bringing the wrong wine for our friends which was easily exchanged). The pasta was very nice, and loved the fried spinach balls. My dessert was fantastic, the fruit tart with ice cream, which was very creamy and delicious. I was also pleased with the price, coming in for my share at £16.50 for the lemonade, main and dessert. They've done a really nice job transforming the building inside and I can't really fault the food or staff that night. The only thing which dropped my rating is that there's obviously a couple of early things resulting from just opening which will, I'm sure, soon resolve. For example, they'd ran out of tiramisu which I imagine to be one of the most popular desserts, and given how busy it has been since opening, I would have expected them to account for it a little better. It's competitively priced and the food reflects this, too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere