“An ok hotel but poor bar service and noise problems” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cobham
UK
“An ok hotel but poor bar service and noise problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Another review of a hilton that is disappointing. Nothing really wrong with the hotel just management issues. A one night stay for a wedding (the wedding occurred elsewhere). Price was good (although the rate was carefully hidden to avoid people finding it). Room was fine and in the most part everything was fine. Our room was a "garden room" and I would strongly recommend NOT staying there. Go for a high up room. Lots of noise from the function going on almost next door and then constant banging of the outside door plus cleaning staff yelling at each other down the corridor.

Bar - service poor frankly. Got back from the wedding to find the bar pretty full of people enjoying a drink. It wasnt noisey, it wasnt overly lively. The bar promptly announces it was closing. There were still people there - why close?

Breakfast - i had almost finished before someone offered me tea.

All in all this could be so much better if they just tried...

Room Tip: Absolutely NOT a garden room, insist on quiet area, go for high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Ian T

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us. Your constructive feedback is extremely valuable to me and I can see that on this occasion we have missed some of the attention to detail that we normally pride ourselves on here at the Hilton Cobham. I must apologise that the Food and Beverage team have left you feeling far from valued with the service they delivered, I will address this as a matter of urgency. I am sorry that you have left the hotel with mixed emotions and really appreciate the feedback you have given which will help us to improve the Hilton Cobham experience for our future guests.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cobham in the near future and would love the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay.
Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed for one night at hilton cobham with my boyfriend. We had the dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Dinner was great, fantastic choice and able to choose from three course set menu or from a la carte menu. Drinks however were pricey. Had a king size room which was lovely, smelt a little musty but very clean and very comfy bed. Great shower and bathroom too.
Breakfast was amazing! One of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. Service very good too. Hotel was let down by the leisure centre. Pool was tiny and sectioned in half for children to have swimming lessons which left almost no space to swim. The jacuzzi was out of action. The changing rooms are ridiculously small for a hotel of that size. They were full of babies and mums changing so there was no room at all. Only two or three showers with flimsy shower curtains. Overall a great hotel but do not go there for the spa facilities!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Hannah
Thank you for taking the time to write post a review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of the team.
Thank you for your great compliment with regards to Breakfast which I know my Breakfast team our thrilled about.
I am sorry for your disappointment with our leisure facilities; whilst the Jacuzzi is now fixed I am sorry it was not in working order during your stay. Our Livingwell Manager will be reviewing your feedback with his team and looking at ways to improve the situation for our guests during the swimming lesson and again my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you once again for your very constructive feedback and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

A two-night stay and very agreeable. Rooms are perfectly acceptable. Pillows could do with more substance however. Dined in the Mediterrean Restaurant and buffet breakfast and also dinner as we were on a tour which was fine. Bar prices a touch steep but hey, its a Hilton Hotel near London so what do you expect? A great location tucked away in the trees. Staff very attentive and the overall impression was a quality hotel that does exactly "what it says on the tin".

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Roy D

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind comments with all of my team

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon and you will have the opportunity to explore more of our wonderful countryside in the summer sunshine.

Thank you again for your very useful feedback.

Dean.
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend on the way to see Family over the Christmas break and wish I hadn't Thought it would be nice way of breaking up the journey. Room stank of smoke even thou non smoking tried to call reception 3 times about this but no answer. Went down to the spa with dressing gowns found in room however these clearly weren't fresh dressing gowns as other peoples rubbish was still in the pocket.... Standards of cleaning appeared very low throughout the room. Wont be returning to this hotel would prefer to drive the little extra to Heathrow and stay there even as a Hilton Honours Diamond member

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chris T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay over the Christmas break and for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Brand and our Hilton Honors program.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to me and my team and I am extremely sorry that we have failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the poor housekeeping standards in your room. I have discussed your experience with my Housekeeping manager who is also very disappointed that we clearly got it wrong on this occasion.

I appreciate that not all aspects of your stay were acceptable and I would like to apologise for your disappointment, however I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel as you will notice a number of significant changes since Christmas and I would be delighted to meet you personally next time you stay.
Warm Regards,
Dean

Travelers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Rayleigh, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for the 1 night as we were attending a car event at Brooklands and we had a great room, found all the staff to be fantastically helpful and extremely pleasant.

We ate in the Mediterranean restaurant and have to say that the service and the food was very good indeed and we were pleasantly surprised how good the food was...slow cooked belly of pork mmmmmm!

If we are back in the area and want somewhere to stay we would definitely return here.

Well done all of the great people who work there they are a true credit to the Hilton organisation.

Room Tip: Worth upgrade to executive room we stayed in 525
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review following your recent stay.
I am delighted you had an enjoyable time and I have shared your fantastic feedback with all of my team and I know my Head Chef was delighted with your comments on the slow cooked belly of pork.
We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for our daughters 3rd birthday as we were taking her to Chessington. Firstly the check in staff were polite & efficient although they were running a little late due to Easter being a very busy time for them. Staff wise, Dan in the lounge bar was a credit to your hotel, he was amazing with our daughter and kept our drinks topped up and served us our food, we can't praise him enough. The food was good, my husband had the Thai Chicken Curry (be warned not for the faint hearted!) me & my daughter just shared pizza, garlic bread & chips! Breakfast was great, only one negative for me is that there was no full fat milk for the little ones! Now on to the not so great.... The room - we paid £150 for 1 nights stay in a "suite" described as having a lounge area, a sofa & a drinks voucher (we never received)... However we were given 2 basic rooms with a connecting door - so very disappointed. Also the bed was ridiculously uncomfortable! All the springs had gone & it was a terrible nights sleep. I did report this to the check out staff. On the positive side, they kept my toddler happy with some colouring, a cuddly monkey and an Easter egg which I thought was a lovely gesture. The pool was very small but it was fairly quiet in there so we got lucky, although as the spa was broken the workman trying to fix it did spoil the ambience a little! Friendly guy in the gym, gave me & my husband a coin for the lockers as we had forgotten to bring any money to the pool with us! Location lovely and very central. So overall staff great, service fab, food good, nice hotel, but the rubbish bed and the basic room let it down for us. Dean you have my email and contact details if you wish to speak with me.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Vonnie S
Thank you for taking the time to write post such a detailed review following your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham.
I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to Dan and the rest of the team.
I am sorry for your disappointment with the Junior suite you selected, please e mail me directly next time you are staying and I would be more than happy to give you some room suggestions that would be suitable for you.
I do hope we will be welcoming you and your Family back again soon and I that I will have the opportunity to meet you personally next time you stay..
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Smooth check in, all standard Hilton procedures followed. Had a relaxing stay, though I wish they would have Black Pudding on the breakfast menu. When I asked a member of staff, "its not stocked" other guests also commented that they would prefer it too. Pillows need to have some substance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Brummysaint
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay and for your very positive scoring on our Guest satisfaction survey.
I understand my PA has been in touch with you and we have addressed the couple of issues you raised. As my PA mentioned whilst black pudding is not one of our standard breakfast items on our breakfast buffet it is available upon request and is rotated on the buffet with other items to add variety, I am just sorry that on this particular morning it was not available for you. My Head Housekeeper will be reviewing our pillows and hope this did not spoil an otherwise comfortable nights sleep.
Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
Dean.

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!