“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cobham
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as was attending event at sandown booked good price. Arrived about 12 and were delighted to be able to check in early, Bonny on reception was welcoming and friendly called us a cab, couldn't of been more helpful. Room large enough for us clean, had tea facilities toiletries etc but no air con. Was nice when we arrived back a fan had been situated in our room and turned on. Bit of road noise with windows open but was an exceptionally warm night wouldn't notice in winter!
Shower not great at all, water was hot but no power - that is the only room downfall
Excellent breakfast agai staff really helpful
Was a bit far to sandown £15 in a cab but was really nice hotel and would stay again

• Stayed July 2013
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Shalleytuff
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay and for your very constructive feedback. I am delighted that you had a comfortable and relaxing time and I have shared all your kind comments with my Bonnie and the rest of my team. I hope it wont be to long before we will be welcoming you back again to the Hilton Cobham.
Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cobham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love Hilton hotels but the bathroom and room itself was a let it down. I could not swing a cat in my bathroom and yes we got a King Size bed but then all the furniture was squashed in. The fitness room was not existence but the outside space was beautiful. The staff as always are first rate and the breakfast always put a smile on my face. Someone needs to look at the interior design then they would be an excellent facility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Jesent
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.
I understand that my PA Deborah has been in contact with you and we are addressing your feedback.
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Although we are not a new build property we do pride ourselves on the quality of service and facilities that we provide. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team which I have shared with them.
I do hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area and I hope I get the opportunity to meet you personally.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's a pity this Brand name of HILTON can promote such a poor hotel. Rooms are OK, service really poor, serious attitude by some members of the staff. The food was OK and reasonably priced. However, if it's food your after, there are also better around. If there was a way of asking for a rebate or a discount on my experience, I would....Fat chance though!! Would not recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Chris K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay

I am sorry that you have left the hotel feeling less than satisfied. Although we are not a new build property we do pride ourselves on the quality of service and facilities that we provide.therefore I was very concerned to read your feedback regarding the customer service you experienced
I understand that my PA and our Restaurant Manager have already been in touch with you regarding your stay and we have addressed your feedback in the hotel. I do hope that you are going to give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Cobham and I would love to meet with you personally during you next stay.

Dean

Travelers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Check-In staff so miserable it's amazing that they find employment in the Hospitality Industry ! Our room was tired and the double bed ranks right up there as THE most uncomfortable I have ever had the misfortune to attempt to sleep in. Come on Hilton this establishment falls well below your usual standards. Replace those uncomfortable beds asap and give your guests the good nights sleep they pay you good money for.
Breakfast buffet was good and if I am not mistaken one member of the restraunt staff may even have smiled !

Room Tip: Do not accept room 111 the bed is terrible
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Phil
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website.
Your feedback has been very constructive and I am sorry that on certain aspects of your stay we failed to meet your expectations. I understand that the beds were not to your personal preference and I will pass on this valuable feedback as these are new beds therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.
I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the service you experienced from our Front Office staff. Please be assured I have addressed this peronally with my Front Office Manager and again my sincere apologies.
Please be assured your recent experiences do not reflect the high level of customer service that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
West Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel isn't much to look at when pulling up but once we entered the reception area our hopes were lifted. However, the corridors to the rooms are very dated and the rooms themselves are average. It may seem picky, but for a 4* hotel you expect more than a TV with terrible coverage and a basic room. We had 2 rooms between 4 of us and all 4 of us agreed that there is no way we would pay anywhere near full price for this accommodation. Breakfast was lovely, however the service was terrible. We weren't allowed a booth as this was for 5 people and there were only 4 people (the dining room was nearly empty). The waiter serving us was bordering on rude with his service! The leisure facilities were small but adequate and the staff there were really polite and helpful.

Overall an average hotel but don't expect to be blown away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mod88
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Although part of the Hilton portfolio we are a unique character property which cannot be compared to some of the more regular Hilton Hotels in the UK. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes.
I really do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Cobham to give us the opportunity to demonstrate our high level of customer service and I would be delighted to meet you personally next time you stay.
Kind regards
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel is in a very good secluded location, I stayed here as was working nearby (in Woking) for a few days. The reception staff are quite efficient and no issues with check-in. The hotel is a bit dated, a refurb is required. My room was a bit of a walk from the reception and some of the corridors..ones interconnecting the hotel wings need a good revamp as the doors don't open, handle gets loose etc.
The room was good standard size, beds/bedding very comfortable for a good nights sleep. Bathroom needed refreshing.
The breakfast was very good, although they seemed to be short on staff as I stayed there 4 nights and same every morning - had to wait ages for a coffee/refill...and even then the coffee was never hot enough! The staff are very friendly and try hard to please you. Used the (small) gym which was ok, the swimming pool is good, although not for lap swimming.
I had a car so would venture out to eat at night, there is nothing within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear VJ2001
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay here with us.
I am delighted you found our location convenient.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the decor of the Hotel, I am pleased to be able let you know that we are in the process of updating and refreshing the bedrooms and public areas within the Hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes. Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast which I have addressed personally with my Restaurant Manager.
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as I was attending an event in the area and tripadvisor ratings suggested it was the best in the area.
The very sullen-faced man checking us in set the tone for the stay to be honest. I wouldn't say he was unfriendly but he certainly wasn't interested in engaging us in any chat outside of the checking in process.
That evening we decided to have dinner in the bar. The waiter's English was minimal to say the least which made asking any questions about the food or ordering drinks a frustrating process all round. Despite the bar being half empty we were questioned every few minutes as to whether we'd like the bill or to order more. We simply wanted to sit and chat whilst finishing our drinks. I wasn't even finished my dinner before the bill was set on the table in front of me. Terrible manners, terrible customer service.
Thankfully the checking out process was much more pleasant. The younger man was much chattier and friendlier and clearly made an effort to make a good impression with us.
As for the room, it was a fairly tired looking room which did the job but certainly wouldn't have you rushing back for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed June 2013
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear We are Scientist
I was so disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service you received. It is very unusual for us to receive negative comments regarding this as it is an area that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and I am just so sorry this was not the case during your stay. I must apologise that one of my team has left you feeling far from valued with the service they delivered, I will address this as a matter of urgency.
Kind regards
Dean

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!