“Relaxing Spa break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cobham
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Spa break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

staff were lovely at hotel and Spa, would definately stay again for an overnight relaxing break. They had a lovely pool and gym. The staff in the bar were friendly and helpful. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your gret feedback following your recent stay. I am delighted that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time and I have passed on your kind comments to The Escape Spa and all my team.
I hope it wont be long until we will be welcoming you back to Cobham.
Warm regards
Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great overall service in all areas encountered. This was my first stay in this Hotel.After reviewing the previous trip advisor feed backs i was bit skeptical about this trip. However the main highlight of the trip being the restaurant experience which i had in the Mediterranean Restaurant . My day started with an absolute treat at Breakfast with plenty to choose from and all top quality and also i dined in the restaurant for Dinner where it was extremely busy however the service seemed to be just right and food quality to beat any prominent fine dining Mediterranean restaurants i had.
Thanks for all who made it a memorable friends get together ever!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Rob

Thank you so much for taking the time to wirte such great feedback following your recent stay.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and I have passed on all your great comments to my team.

I hope its not to long until your next get together and hope you choose to stay with us here at the Hilton Cobham again.

Warmest regards

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend we had some business in Kew and it was our 35th wedding anniversary so we thought we would make a weekend of it .
We arrived on the Friday and the check in was fine and we were given our keys to room 305 over looking the Garden's which would of been lovely except that one of the windows was fogged and we could not see through it,this room was very grubby and I checked the bathroom to my horror I discovered the rubber bath mat was covered in short curly hairs.I was ready to get back into the car and go home .My husband rang reception and the lady on reception gave him the choice of having the bathroom mat cleaned or move rooms,the second room was cleaner, however it was tired and needed decorating and could of been cleaner!! the bedding was old and threadbare and really is only fit for the bin ,this room over looked the car park and was not great and we were disappointed .
Our room rate included Dinner and Breakfast,so we ate at the restaurant that evening and the meal was great all the staff members we meet were lovely we were given a glass of fizzy wine each which was a lovely thought and we were wished a happy anniversary.When we arrived back to our room we found a note apologizing about the first room and a couple of small gifts a room scenter and small reading light for a kindle which we thought was a kind thought.
Breakfast was good as always at The Hilton and again super friendly staff members ,we used the pool that evening and once again really friendly staff members.
So overall the only saving grace of this hotel are the Staff who were all super friendly and made our stay enjoyable the food was good the restaurant on the Saturday evening was very busy and the waitress where rushed of their feet , but nothing was to much trouble I returned my steak as I like it really well done and the waitress took it back and brought it back a couple of minutes later and once again we had a great meal .
We would not stay at this hotel again because the bedrooms are really is not clean enough and some money needs to be spent on renovating the bedrooms and replacing all the bedding and towels.
On check out the receptionist once again apologized and checked that everything else had been ok during our weekend.

Room Tip: speak to reception if you have a problem they were super to deal with
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Katy

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay here at the Hilton Cobham.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered in your bedroom. The maintenance team have addressed these issues and remedial action has been taken and shared with the Housekeeping team to ensure all the facilities are fully checked prior to the guests arrival and please again accept our apologies.I can assure you your recent experiences do not reflect the high standards and attention to detail that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham.
We are continuing to upgrade all our facilities and I do hope if you do choose to stay with us again you will notice a significant improvement during your next visit.
Thank you for kind your comments regarding the great customer service you received from the team which I have shared with them I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Warmest regards
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Wow! Is this really a Hilton hotel? Its an OK English country hotel but branded as a Hilton its a real let down. Rooms are small, service average and the building generally down at heel needs a total revamp decoration and new furniture.

Good points? room was clean, Breakfast was excellent, location good for Brooklands, er that's it.

• Stayed April 2013
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear MartynJW
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Although part of the Hilton portfolio we are a unique character property which cannot be compared to some of the more regular Hilton Hotels in the UK. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel so I know on your next visit you will notice a number of significant changes.
I was so disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service you received being average. It is very unusual for us to receive negative comments regarding this as it is an area that we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and I am just so sorry this was not the case during your stay.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the bedrooms and breakfast.
I really do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Cobham to give us the opportunity to demonstrate our high level of customer service and I would be delighted to meet you personally next time you stay.
Kind regards Dean
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a lovely massage and facial with lunch on terrace really good deaL food was wonderful value apart from £5 for a bottle of water l Amy really good had a£10upgrade for foot scrub well worth it have had previous pedicure at spa and felt really looked after even had the manageress doing my pedicure as they were short sfaffed

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your recent visit to the Hilton Cobham. I am delighted that you had a great Spa day and I have shared all your kind comments with my team and with our franchise partner - The Escape Spa.
I do hope it wont be long before we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hotel.
Thank you again.
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Return visit prior to flying out from Heathrow, short stay one night only.
Plus factor is the free car park which is a good size.
Nice welcome back from Bonnie on reception.
Room on ground floor with French door to outside garden area, nice if the weather had been warmer! Larger than last stay (Missed the corner suite though) and bigger bathroom.
Negative point was having to negotiate stairs down to the room as I needed to sort out cases prior to flight out. In the end resorted to sorting out luggage in the back of the car in the car park to save lugging bags in and out of the hotel...not ideal!
Did not use any facilities or dining in hotel this trip, all as per last review.
Will return again when next flying into the UK.

Room Tip: Corner suite takes some beating
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Hilton Cobham.
Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with Bonnie and the rest of the team.
I have noted your feedback regarding the stairs, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Due to the layout of the Hotel this is an area where there is stairs to go down to the room though we would be more that happy to make a note on your profile for your next trip. Please contact my PA Deborah Richards who would be happy to make the arrangements for you.
Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The truth, and nothing but the truth! Stayed early jan, not impressed with things here, had 3 rooms noisy air con outside one of the family rooms. Complained. After some protracted e mails we were offered a free night with dinner. Went back april 2013 paid for another night to experience a full week end break. Friday and saturday. Arrived, room ready. Bad sleep again as air con was noisy in another room, maybe im just a light sleeper eh? but decided to record the noise just in case im paranoid by now, and the hiltons out to get me!! Saturday went out at 9 for a few hours, arrived back at 3:30pm room not made up? Same problem we had in January! Dinner offer was some set menu, we enjoyed the al a carte at extra cost, food enjoyable apart from the chicken livers which i thought were overdone but didnt feel the need to complain. Staff and Waitresses very polite and exceptionally helpful, seems to be authority issues with one or two senior staff in the restaurant though. Mentioned our main issues to Bonny in the morning, duty manageress, what a lovely example of how things need to be addressed, a real ambassador for this hotel. Still no contact from management apart from this, a little disappointed but hey ho they did their little bit i guess, but don't think we would bother to return to this one, but its not all bad here!

Room Tip: Check the family suites before you book as one has air con right outside window andis very noisy, be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. I was very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectaions once again. I have taken your comments on board and please be assured remedial action has been taken and shared with my management team.
I was delighted to read your feedback regarding Bonnie and the rest of my team which I have shared with them.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Hilton Cobham again in the future and thank you once again for your very valuable feedback.

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!