“Fairly clean hotel--great staff-no business center with computers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cobham

You added Hilton Cobham to your Saves list
Hilton Cobham
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Seven Hills Road South, Cobham KT11 1EW, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cobham
New York City, New York
“Fairly clean hotel--great staff-no business center with computers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Does provide internet access-if have a computer.

Hotel staff were great--very accommodating. Breakfasts and dinner were excellent.!! Located outside of Cobham--so needed to take a taxi (10 pounds) into city or train. Isolated-but lovely grounds. Room on the smaller size=and we had been upgraded to a large room.. Hotel needs somewhat of a sprucing up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am delighted to be able to let you know that since you stayed with us we have had a connectivity station installed with 2 compters for our guests to use in our Lounge area. Unfortunately when you stayed we were inbetween the computer being removed from the business centre and the installation of the connectivity station and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff which I have shared with the team.
I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon to give you the opportunity to experience the exciting changes taking place here at the Hilton Cobham.
I would like to take this opportunity wish you and your family a very Happy New Year

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Wigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I'd imagine that when it first opened this hotel would have been the place to stay for business or a weekend break. Unfortunately, it now looks like another tired hotel that needs a hell of a lot of money spending on it but they just don't have it.

Stayed a couple of times and the first room had lights that kept dimming and a shower that had the pressure of a thimble of water falling over. The second time was a 'Plaza' room that had no working aircon (had a plug in radiator) and a toilet that barely flushed. The rooms were kept as clean as possible but time has taken it's toll and the rooms look shabby.

The bar and restaurant were ok but expensive and as the hotel is isolated there is no alternative unless you want to drive.

Plus points were the decent breakfast buffet and the very friendly and efficient staff.

All in all, it's average. Don't look at the name Hilton and think you will be getting luxury, it's on a par with any of the other chain hotels of this level.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay here at the Hilton Cobham.
I am delighted with your kind comments regarding the team which I have shared with them.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered in both the bedrooms you stayed in. The maintenance team have addressed the issues and remedial action has been taken and shared with the Housekeeping team to ensure all the facilities are fully checked prior to the guests arrival and please again accept our apologies.
We are continuing to upgrade all our facilities and I do hope your will notice a significant improvement during your next visit.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Checked in close to 5pm. Paid for our room upon checking-in, all because we chose to pay with a debit card. When checking in we were asked if we would like to set up our account, to enable us to charge drinks back to our room. We said yes. That, we thought was the end of that!
Got to room. No towels were left in there. We called reception, and had some promptly brought up. Apparently, they were experiencing a laundry issue!
Got ready, and attended their Winter Wonderland night, which I must add, was a terrible squeeze at the table. Quite clearly a case of trying to accommodate as many people as possible!
Upon purchasing a round of drinks, we asked to charge them to the bar. There appeared to be a little difficulty with this, but after some persuasion (by us), we were asked to sign the receipt and get on with partying. This happened, every time we came to purchasing a round of drinks.
0045 strikes and we make our way back to our hotel room, only to be accosted by a barman, who apparently had been looking for us....to then be dragged to reception for payment of our bar bill. Not overly impressed with their behaviour, and something we expect, as I'm sure most people do, to settle upon check-out. Most certainly NOT at close to 0100 in the morning, and when we've had a few drinks!! Could have been handled by the management in a more professional manner. Best bit about the hotel was the bed.
Also, we paid in advance for a bottle of Prosecco for the meal. They didn't have any. In fact, they were supplying something else as an alternative. If you don't offer it, then don't include it on your wine list, and at a pre-order cost of £25.95....you expect the bottle to at least be chilled to a decent temperature! Won't be staying their again, due to their unprofessionalism. I guess there was a time when Hilton Hotels were the eptiome of luxury...Oh! how the mighty have fallen!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Hilton Cobham, your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Firstly I must apologise that the towels were not in your room on arrival, I hope this was resolved efficiently and can assure you this is not the usual level of housekeeping standards at the Hilton Cobham.
On check in we do request a Credit card for pre authorisation to enable you to have credit facilities in the Hotel. If you are paying by debit card then we do charge the accommodation cost on arrival and then need to make a further charge of £50.00 to allow you then to have credit facilities in the Hotel.
This is a Hilton Worldwide policy and we do display it at reception though I must apologise if this was not explained to you thoroughly on on check in. I can assure you that the restaurant team had not meant to offend you and apologise if this came across in this manner.
With regards to the prosecco that you had preordered I am sorry this was not available this was due to a supply issue and I am pleased to hear we were able to offer a superior replacement at no extra charge. I do hope that these isolated incidents will not deter you from returning to the Hilton Cobham again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Cobham hotels

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed in Cobham for the night on our way back to London so I could visit some of the local places that feature in my family history, coming from Australia it's not so easy to visit these places without a car.
When we checked in we were told of a party to be held that night and that there could be noise. I asked if we were close to the party and could expect loud noise and was told no. When we got to our room we found that our window, which was not double glazed, was less than 10 yards from where the parry would take place and people would be. So close in fact we were advised not to park our car outside our room! We rang reception immediately and asked to be moved as far from the party as possible, which we were and this was very appreciated.
Our new room was on the upper floor of the wing, there is no lift and I was unable to carry luggage so someone carried our bags which was helpful. The interior of the rooms are nice however the exterior of the building and hallways are very outdated so don't let it worry you.

The room was the expected standard Hilton room, which was why we chose to stay here - we like knowing what to expect. The bed was incredibly comfortable. We weren't troubled by noise thankfully, the only issue was the inevitable idiot who always tries to open the interconnecting room doors. In this case the person tried loudly for several minutes just after 10pm to access our room via the locked interconnecting door which woke us up. As long as hotels have interconnecting rooms and there are idiots on the planet this will always be a problem.

Aside from this we had an enjoyable stay and will return if we revisit to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dean_Rigby_Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. I am delighted you chose to stay with us whilst visiting the local area.
I am sorry you were initially checked in to a bedroom near the Function Room, we do where possible allocate bedrooms away from the Event for guests not attending, I am sorry this was not the case intially and I am very pleased that we moved you straight away.
I am sorry that the Guest next door was trying to open the interconnecting door and the disturbance and annoyance this caused you.
Next time you are over from Australia then please come back and visit us.
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you need to stay somewhere near the M25 - this hotel is fine. The location is ideal if you need access to the A3 in or out of London. The Bathroom was tired and I did find a hair or two that weren't mine, no robe... Room itself was fine with a big bed! Gym is tiny - but fine for Cardio. Average hotel. Fine for a night or two.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I am pleased you found the location convenient for you.
Please accept my sincere apology for the issue in the bathroom, this does not represent the usual high standards we pride ourselves on here at Cobham and please be assured remedial action has been taken and shared with my Housekeeping team.
I do hope next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again and thank you again for your feedback.
Bognor Regis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This time around there were no complaints about the standard of room. Nice big bed, comfy duvet and pillows. There was no hairdryer in the room so we asked for a replacement hairdryer and it was brought to our room very promptly.The breakfast this time did have the vegetarian sausages which I appreciated but the scrambled eggs were pretty tasteless and only luke warm. I would suggest that they are covered up under a heat lamp and this might help? The only gripe I had was that I had telephoned in advance to ask if we could book in early as we had a wedding to attend and we would appreciate the opportunity to freshen up prior to attending the wedding. I was told that they could not guarantee our room would be ready as they were fully booked the night before but we could use the health suite if we wanted to change and shower. I checked on the internet and discovered that the hotel was not in fact fully booked. I was disappointed that I had been misled. I would have readily accepted that they could not guarantee a room be ready prior to normal checking in times. It was not necessary to tell me that the hotel was fully booked on the previous evening when this clearly was not the case. When we arrived our room was in fact ready prior to normal checking in time which was much appreciated. We would definitely return there again and would especially like to mention the delightful reception and restaurant staff who are always welcoming and cheerful which makes a huge difference to any hotel stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I am delighted you came back to stay with us again and that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast which I have shared with my Head Chef.
Please accept my apologies for the confusion with regards to checking in early. When we do have availability the night before there is no problem to check in early. There can be occassions when we do not have the specific room type available and that could be what was meant by being fully booked. I am pleased it all worked out in the end and very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for the 1 night since I wanted to get away from the city but not too far from london. Hilton Cobham seemed the perfect getaway. Hotel is easy to get to, the woods around the hotel gives a very natural look and feel to the hotel. Its a small and cozy place with decent rooms and facilities. I was very pleasantly greeted by Sofia at the front desk who was extremely helpful and courteous.The room was clean and comfortable with all amenities that one would need in a room.
The Med. Grill restaurant was very nice as well, I was greeted and seated by Juliet who was very polite and courteous. she explained the dining options since I had special requirements and the food took no time to get to my table. The breakfast as well had good options and my requested omlette bearly took 8-10 mins to get to my table which was impressive.
It was a very comfortable stay in all and the staff is wonderful. stay is hightly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
StephaneWeit, General Manager at Hilton Cobham, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent stay.
I have shared your great comments with Sofia, Juliet and all the team at our morning meeting.
I do hope it wont be long before we are welcoming you back to Cobham. Thank you once again

Been to Hilton Cobham? Share your experiences!