I bought a Travel Zoo voucher for a day at the Escape Spa with a friend - we were tempted by the treatments and the use of the Hotel's leisure and sports facilities. We were advised not to arrive before midday as the hotel pool had swimming lessons in it all morning. The Spa consisted of a room with half a dozen recliners and a single treatment room for two guests. As it was at the other end of the hotel than the swimming pool, sauna etc. it was totally impractical to go from one to the other without getting dressed, even if they had provided robes and slippers (which unlike all other spas they didn't) because this would have meant walking through the hotel's main reception. The door to the relaxation room was full length glass and as it was opposite guest rooms, people kept peering in and fire doors were constantly slamming making the whole experience the opposite of relaxing.
The spa itself was very disappointing - the massage was nowhere near as good as others I have had - in fact it was the worst and my companion agreed with my assessment. The treatment room was a double room and although my friend and I didn't really mind sharing we didn't really get given any other option. Both the rest area and the treatment room were well below the standard of cleanliness I would expect with dirty floors, dirty glass surfaces and fleeces on the rest beds rather than towels which were clearly not changed between clients. When we were left in the treatment room to undress there was someone else's clothing still lying on the windowsill and used cosmetic items on the side tables. The person giving me my treatments had badly applied and badly chipped toenail varnish and old worn out flip flops - if you are going to use a massage table with a cut out section for the face you should make sure that what the client can see through the hole is clean and well groomed. There did not appear to be any showering facilities in the spa area (at least we were not offered any).
I would certainly not go back - it's an absolute minimum that a spa should be clean and relaxing and this was neither.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business Hotel set in 27 woodland acres; close to the M25, near race courses of Ascot, Sandown Park & Epsom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Cobham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cobham Hotel Cobham
- Hilton International Cobham
- Cobham Hilton International
- Hilton Cobham Surrey