“Just the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby

You added BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rockingham Road, Corby NN17 2AE, England (Formerly Hotel Elizabeth Rockingham)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Corby
“Just the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The best ever made a good xmas brilliant would stay again. The staff were so happy and pleasent, and as for the rooms they were just beautiful, so clean. I read all other reviews and trust me I went there determind to see what was true. I could not find a single fault with this place. I had 3 young children with me and the whole atmosphere was family friendly. Thank you best western can't wait for my next stay. P.s cheap in price not quality.

• Stayed December 2012
Louis R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Torie911,

Thank you for your feedback I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Louis Rigney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed for one night when attending a funtion at the hotel. If I was attending a function here I would stay again for convenience.

The good bits:

We booked as part of a larger group and our rooms were all located down one corridor so we were together.
Cheap room rate which included breakfast (we didn't know this when we booked so nice surprise)
Modern clean rooms
Comfy beds
Lovely friendly staff

The Bad bits:

Very loud TV with football in the bar area, No one was watching it so not sure why it was so loud?
Bar had run out of various sandwich fillings (Saturday lunchtime)
Slow service for meals at the bar
Noisy rooms, you could hear people in the next room (you could hear EVERYTHING!!)
Very hot and stuffy bedrooms even with windows open in December!
Breakfast on until 10am, some food ran out and 9.40 and wasn't replaced.
No glasses for a drink at breakfast, when requested these took 5-10 minutes to appear!
Fire alarm with a hangover on Sunday morning was not the most welcome wake up call at 9am!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DiddyAngel,

Thank you for your feedback and for your constructive comments, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Best Regards

Frome, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The bad bits: they couldn't find my reservation (fortunately it was on my phone). The hotel was pretty run down. The food was poor. The bar area had football blaring from a large TV. They forgot to deliver my newspaper in the morning. And staff didn't know if I was allowed just a continental breakfast.

On the other hand, the staff were really pleasant, the bed was big, and the room was large. The sheets were clean, the bath water hot, and the wifi was free. I slept well. There are some nice grounds, and the interior could be interestingly modernist if you half closed your eyes.

NOTE: the postcode is wrong. It's actually NN17 2AE. I spent thirty minutes driving up and down the road and walking the streets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Louis R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Sad Grove

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I sorry we did not meet all the expectations of your stay and I apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused. The Hotel is certainly modern rather than contemporary and the vast majority of our bedrooms have recently been refurbished.

I am glad you slept well and found the staff to be pleasant, the co-ordinates for Sat Nav purposes are detailed on our website. I trust that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that we may try and provide you with a superior experience on your next visit.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

this hotel has alot to learn about basic guest service...running out of toilet paper(myself and another room) at 4 am is not appropiate nor is the lack of disability access...no lifts and no help from staff to carry luggage up stairs...this needs to be stated in hotel description for those with mobility issues...half menu was unavailable...dusty rooms as my collegue had to wipe her own furniture down...no irons in rooms...eftpos machine issues...glad to leave!

• Stayed November 2012
Louis R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Splark,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with certain aspects of your stay, as far as toilet rolls are concerned each room is supplied with two as standard, if you had run out at 4am our night porter could have been contacted to replenish these. For disabled access 50% of our rooms are on the ground floor with no stairs or steps and we also have dedicated disabled rooms; the Hotel amenities are displayed on our website and in the guest directory in each room. It would appear that no request was made for either a disabled or a ground floor room at the time of booking? However you should have been offered assistance with your luggage and I apologise that this was not offered.

I am not clear as to what items you may have requested that were not available but our menus do offer a very wide selection, if it was for room service there are certain items that are not available 24 hours a day.

I will review your comments regarding the dust issue with my housekeeper, iron and boards are available on request and this is also stated in the hotel directory of services in the room.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and I do hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may provide a superior experience on your visit.

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Wouldn't have come if I had known it was football orientated !
Wifi , non existent in room , had to go downstairs in lobby , which explained why the signal was poor downstairs as well. Loads of football hoodies all online on various implements !
TV in room , free view didn't work , had to go downstairs to watch TV which then was talked over by loads more football youths.
In fact it seemed the only women there were staff !
Room reasonable, food average and expensive.
24 hour room service doesn't exist unless you want the night porter to make you a sandwich of leftovers , nothing cooked like the Pizzas that supposed to be available weren't !
On a very busy road, was told it was 20 mins walk to the town , it was 3 miles away we found out when we went !
All in all, even though this was a competition win , I would not recommend this place unless you are a football hoodie youth !
staff were pleasant though .

Room Tip: Go somewhere else ! Had better travel lodges !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Louis R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Gill W,

Thank you for your review, as you are aware I have already provided you with a direct response to the feedback you have also left with Best Western, the Hotel caters for a wide range of guests from all backgrounds, we were indeed hosting a football youth academy during your stay and their attendees included athletes & students from colleges througout USA, Africa and Europe and I understand that this has impacted negatively on your visit. I can personally vouch that the "hoodies" you refer to are far removed from the image you may wish to convey; whilst they all relaxed in casual sports wear they were also full paying residential guests within the Hotel and their behaviour was impeccable throughout.

I have investigated the other points mentioned and you have my previous responses and I believe any issue that was raised by you at the time was promptly dealt with, I regret that the complimentary stay provided to you through one of our partner organisations through a competition win did not meet with your requirements and I can only apologise for this.

Thank you for your positive comments in respect of our team at the Hotel.

East Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The wedding was booked at this hotel. I have stayed in Best Western Hotels all over. This one was very good to some we have stayed in. After my last one in USA I said never again. The wedding was at this one so decided to take several rooms for my family. I can not fault the rooms. They were clean and comfortable. We were only here the one night. Breakfast was superb.

Room Tip: Rooms are on ground floor with interconnecting doors ideal for families
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Louis R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Bumpking,

Thank you for your response, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at Best Western Rockingham Forest and I have shared your comments with the team, we hope that you will visit us again in the future so that we may provide you with an even more superior experience.

Best regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

After reading one or two unwelcome comments on this hotel I felt I had to write a little reply, firstly I would like to say I have stayed in hundreds of established hotels through my job and have stayed in some horrendous hotels during this time. The rooms are of a very generous size with superb en suite facilities, the price of the room was excellent with a lovely selection of continental & English breakfast in the morning free wifi was a bonus as many hotel chains charge extra for this aswell as parking, As for one remark that this hotel is no better then a travelodge well you have never stayed in many of these hotels as this is by far the worst hotel chain I've ever stayed in on several occasions we have had personal precessions stolen by the cleaners !!! I found this hotel of a very high standard

• Stayed October 2012
Louis R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Ibizafc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback and I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, may I also thank you for "defending our honour" as it were! We try very hard to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay at the Hotel, all comments received are used to improve our service levels wherever we can.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Louis Rigney

Been to BEST WESTERN Rockingham Forest Hotel Corby? Share your experiences!