“Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton by Hilton Corby

Save Saved
You added Hampton by Hilton Corby to your Saves list
Hampton by Hilton Corby
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rockingham Leisure Park Princewood, Corby NN17 4AP, England   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £69
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Corby
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel location is in a retail park on the outskirts of Corby, with a couple of pubs and a Dominos pizza close by. A functional hotel that appears to be geared towards the business customer rather than the family break type. The rooms are good, and laid out in a standard way. The hotel has a bar, although I suspect that most people go next door to the Witherspoons pub. Staff on reception were helpful. Free WiFi, and good value.

Room Tip: Avoid Rm214 as the free WiFi doesn't quite reach
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Griffmil,

Thanks for your review - whilst the mainstay of our business is indeed 'business people' and the hotel caters well for this, as another reviewer mentioned there are also some wonderful places to visit if you are with us on leisure. Rockingham Castle & Boughton House are just 2 places within a few miles of us that make a lovely day out!

Great to see again the staff were helpful and the hotel delivered what you expected of us! We look forward to seeing you when your next in the area.

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Corby Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Friendly helpful service, basic facilities, however good value for money. Excellent neighbouring facilities including Weathspoon restaurant and bars, Dominos Pizza. Just 3.5 miles from Corby town centre, 5 minutes drive from Rockingham Castle and 10 minutes to Boughton House. An excellent spot for country walks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Mike P,

A lovely review, my thanks for taking the time to leave it. Our service really is our strength and I am glad to see we delivered here!

Also my thanks for detailing what wonderful places to visit we have near by. Hopefull it will convice a few more people to give us a try!

My thanks again,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Good standard of room at a cheap price. All staff are attentive and a 24 hour bar always helps. All rooms have showers but no baths which isn't a problem for me but maybe for others. Breakfast is self service buffet style but give you tiny plates for hot breakfasts.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear STaylor2013,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your very kind comments. Your review I think summed us up perfectly!

My thanks again and we hope to see you when you are back in the area!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a nice modern hotel, rooms are very well furnished and beds are very comfortable. No mini bar in the room but there is a little shop area in reception.

The location is idea for Rockingham Race Way, there are some shops and 2 very good pubs a stones throw away, a wetherspoons and a hungry horse.

Small but good gym, ideal for a short trip away.

Breakfast is ok, small selection of cooked food plus continental.

Dear STaylor2013,

My thanks for your concise review. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay and the other facilities close to us were to your liking also!

Look forward to seeing you back when your next in the area.

Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Last time I stayed here a couple of years ago, I woke up to no water, this time I heard pretty much everything my upstairs neighbour was doing in the bathroom.

Unfortunately this wasn't the worse of it, my room was on the ground floor, right next to the smoking area. I'd arrived late and didn't realise until people were still chatting away at midnight. I called reception and they dealt with this discretely. I had another call with them at 6am as the morning crowd were out. Between the very clean upstairs neighbour and the smokers, not a great nights sleep.

This isn't the first review to highlight this, why isn't something fairly simple done in terms of moving the smoking area away from guests rooms?

On a positive note, the staff were very friendly, just not enough for me to consider returning any time soon.

Room Tip: Not a ground floor room, go for a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear jabbawarrior,

Firstly my thanks for leaving your review, though I am of course sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay.

We are instructing all guests not to smoke close to the front door, as you mentioned the ground floor rooms close to the entrance can be disturbed by guests and we are working hard to stop this.

The issue of moving the smoking area is something we are looking at, at present there is no predetermined smoking area. But as is human nature, people tend to congregate under shelter and light up when the leave the building (as smokers do when they leave any building). Our aim is to create a seperate area which makes smokers and non smokers comfortable.

On a more positive note, it is great to see our staff and service was of a good level.

Hope to see you back here again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst visiting the BirdFair at Rutland. The staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming. Unfortunately there was a problem with the air conditioning in my room and I phoned reception to ask for it to be adjusted and was told that it was being turned down from a central control unit. The air conditioning didn't work however. The following morning, when I replied to the enquiry from the receptionist that I hadn't slept well because the air conditioning hadn't worked at all and I had been uncomfortably hot, my room charge was cancelled and I was not charged for my stay. I was impressed. It was done with genuine concern for my welfare.
Sadly, a fire alarm was then set off during breakfast by a faulty appliance in the kitchen and the entire hotel was evacuated. The staff were well trained and impressed me with their calm, ordered control of the situation. The fire service attended and the reassured everybody.
I received a follow up email from the hotel enquiring about my stay which I answered honestly... and was again impressed to receive an immediate personal email from the hotel manager. He asked about my experiences and seemed genuinely concerned to listen to my views and to ensure that I was satisfied with his response.
I would not hesitate to stay here again. To have 2 difficulties at a hotel but feel very good about the overall stay must say something about the facilities but most of all, about the staff and manager

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Yoakley29,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. As I mentioned when we communicated again, our apologies for the issues you encountered.

I am very happy to see however that our service and my response has restored your faith in our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again when your next in the area.

Whilst we never want a complaint to arise in the first place, at least through our actions we will hopefully get the opportunity to look after you when the BirdFair is next on!

My thanks again,

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the third time we have been to Corby this year and third hotel, the best by far, excellent room, staff and a fine breakfast included, will definitely be staying there again,the receptionist told us there was a wedding party on Saturday night so they have booked us into a room on the other side of the hotel so we would not be disturbed by any noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Martyn H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Corby, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Richiofisca,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, great to see you have found us the best hotel in the area - something we always want to hear!

We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Thanks again,

Martyn

Been to Hampton by Hilton Corby? Share your experiences!