Having arranged for my family to enjoy the Hogmanay celebrations in 2010 with a dinner, music and dancing at this Hotel, I cannot describe what a let down this event was. We were not alone, with many people leaving early and feeling robbed by the experience.
The food was less than average with the waiting staff showing great determination to get it served and eaten in the shortest possible amount of time – I can only assume they had somewhere better to go.
Music and dancing (although there was very little of the latter!) seemed to be simply dated pop music (of the school disco genre), despite the fact those attending were of a very varied age group and repeatedly requested some Scottish music; this was only played once at the bells. The dance floor remained empty throughout the evening, indeed by 11pm it seemed that only the DJs and a few die hards trying to make the best of a bad job remained. I will never revisit this hotel - the memory is just too bad.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.