“Tribute night” 3 of 5 stars

135 Main Street | The Village, East Kilbride G74 4LN, Scotland   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
“Tribute night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We attended at the Lionel Ritchie/Motown tribute night on 23rd February with my sister and her husband for her 40th birthday. We booked this in January but on arrival they had no booking for us and had to produce our receipt as proof. We had to wait at the bar whilst they brought out a table and wicker chairs and we were situated in the passageway. We were told to arrive at 7pm for 7.30pm but didn't get served our starter until 8.40pm. Staff had to squeeze by our chairs going in/out of the kitchen resulting in getting our chairs bumped every time someone passed. The entertainment had already started and we were still waiting on our dessert which we finally got at 9.45pm. On a positive note we are regular visitors to the Torrance Hotel and the food is always excellent. We were very disappointed this time so we personally handed in a letter of complaint along with a copy of the booking receipt for the attention of the manager Mr Ross and also made a telephone call to speak to him and was told he would phone back after his holiday and to this date we have still had no reply to either.. We won't be returning....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Garrie R, General Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to post on your review.

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the tribute night in January.

This is not the service we endeavour to provide and as you can see from previous reviews on our tribute nights this is not the level of service we aim to provide.

The tribute night was 7 for 7.30 the food service started at 8.00 and the desserts were served at 9.30. The service was one and half hours for a 3 course meal for 142 people.

Apologies I have not received any letter detailing the below or a message that you have called I reply back to all calls or letters within 24hrs.

If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact myself directly on 01355 225241.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Garrie Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Visited: Many times but most recent May 2013
Party: 2 adults
Price: £37 for a special 2 course menu, an a-la-carte main course and 4 drinks.

Visted here many times since it was refubished by the Manorview Group and always come away satisfied and impressed so I'm totally bemused by some of the poor reviews it has received on the website.

The transformation from the old and rather tired hotel to this new glass fronted conservatory is fantastic. The decor, layout and general ambience of the whole restaurant and bar are not to be faulted. There are also two expansive beer gardens with better than average furniture. They have even went as far as putting small TV's into the gents toilets so you don't miss the sport you are watching so a lot of thought has gone into the whole design.

I have yet to have a bad meal and the service and attentiveness of the staff is to be commended. The bar manageress on our last visit, went out of here way, during her lunchbreak, to let us have the restaurant menu in the bar and took the time to run through the orders with the bar staff.

During the summer, if we ever get one, try to have a meal in the conservatory as it really opens up the whole area and is a great space to eat. The good news is that they have also taken over two other hotels in the nearby area (The Redhurst and The Busby) so hopefully they will receive the same attention as the Torrance.

Great place for a meal or a drink and suitable for casual bar food or a more formal meal. To be recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Garrie R, General Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2013

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to write your review .

Many thanks for your fantastic review and I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit to the Torrance Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've been a few times now since moving to ek almost a year ago. The food is outstanding. The service I can't fault. The decor is perfect. I asked the staff if I could buy the hotel or live in but they turned me down. Absolutely stunning hotel

Tiger Tim StevensMBE
DJ/broadcaster

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Had our wee baby Olly's christening here in 28 April 13 it was amazing.
Louize, Gary & staff were extremely helpful & decorated the room just how we wanted. The buffet was perfect & everyone commented on how nice it was & also how lovely the venue was.
We drink in the Torrance quite a lot but have never booked a function there. Would defo recommend it couldn't fault anything about the day at all.

• Stayed April 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a night!! The hotel was terrific and all the staff, particularly Garrie, went above and beyond the call of duty.The crowd became very loud and boisterous as the night wore on but the staff were so patient and friendly.Fawn also deserves a mention just for being so nice! Food also terrific and the hall looked really lovely.My daughter was a gorgeous bride of course which helped things along ( I'm allowed to say that as her mum!) Lynsey and Marc have already e-mailed me from Mexico and she mentioned what a luxury it was staying in the fabulous honeymoon suite. Thanks again folks for making the wedding so special.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Although the restaurant and bar have been refurnished half of the rooms are not, I new this was the case when booking so specifically asked for a new room which I was assured I would get only to find this was not the case and I was in an older room which was dark and gloomy, tatty and dated the corridor leading to my room had areas of carpet missing and wooden planks in its place very unsatisfactory, I actually felt like I was staying in a completely deferent hotel'

• Stayed April 2013
Garrie R, General Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Guest,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

As you stated in your review we have advertised the rooms as being in the middle of refurbishment and the rate that you paid reflected this.

All our rooms are being refurbished on the 29th April to the same high standard of the rest of the hotel.

Many thanks for your positive comments regarding the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Torrance Hotel in the near future.

Garrie Ross
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had an amazing stay at the Torrance. 3 adults and 2 children under 3yrs. The staff were amazing. Kevin the breakfast waiter and the receptionist were helpful, friendly and lovely. The room was massive and we were offered fresh towels and sheets every day. The staff were lovely with the kids. The receptionist gave me a tour of the honeymoon suite which made me want to get married again. We had a lovely get together in the bar for the quiz and it was great fun. Can't recommend The Torrance enough. AMAZING!!

Room Tip: If you want a treat, the honeymoon suite is well worth the price.