“Hit the mark ....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn East Kilbride

You added Holiday Inn East Kilbride to your Saves list
Holiday Inn East Kilbride
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stewartfield Way, East Kilbride G74 5LA, Scotland (Formerly Hilton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Belfast
“Hit the mark ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here two nights. The bedroom and bathroom were fresh, modern and clean. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet and we got a good night's sleep. There was what looked like a new TV. Given the previous reviews, I assume there has been some refurbishment.

Health club was free, had helpful staff and had a nice, warm pool.

Breakfast was plentiful and was frequently restocked. Particularly liked the haggis and black puddings. There were no problems with service or queuing (and I was with a coach party)

All staff were pleasant, courteous and efficient

Only minor negatives are the location but, if you're driving, that is less of an issue. Also, the management should buy the guy on reception a better fitting, smaller jacket ;-)

This Holiday Inn is as good as any of the other ones in the UK.
Overall, we had a good stay...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us .

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
North Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We arrived early evening and we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. No problem with the check in, however, when we arrived at the room, we found 1 dressing gown,1 pair of slippers and 1 small biscuit bar. I've heard of economising, but when you book a double room, for a couple, you would expect to see 2 of everything. The eating area seemed fine, but we found the menu uninviting and expensive. The Hotel is looking very tired and could do with a total makeover. In fact I'd say that this was probably our worst experience in a UK holiday inn? The staff seem to do there best and were quite helpful, however it took nearly thirty minutes to deliver one biscuit bar to our room. We were due to stay here on our way back, but we cancelled and checked in to a holiday inn express.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you found our staff to be helpful & friendly during your visit.

I am however, sorry to hear that you weren’t completely satisfied with the room standards; I have passed these comments to our housekeeping team.

The hotel is due to start refurbishment in the coming months, if you plan to visit the area again, please contact me directly on nightsmgr@hieastkilbride.com

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've stayed here before, a couple of years ago and it was so poor I hadn't been back - until now.
I'm pleased to say that almost everything I didn't like before has been changed and I'm really pleased I gave them another go.

We held a business conference here and the service throughout the hotel was excellent, they couldn't help us enough. The buffet was vastly improved and excellent value for money so well done for changing your policy in this department. The chilli, jackets and garlic bread that I ate was very nice.

I believe they are due to have a refurbishment in the conference rooms in the coming months so this will make it even nicer to stay.

My bedroom was of good standard and I had a great sleep so no complaints there. I hope to visit them again soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for leaving a positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that on your second visit to the hotel, we have restored your faith in the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride.

The hotel is popular for both business meetings & private functions, and I am glad you were happy with the service received at your conference. These comments have been shared with our Events Team & our Kitchen Team.

Our Conference & Banqueting Suites are due for refurbishment later this year.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here on Saturday night as we were at a wedding nearby and we had phoned up to see if we could get into the room early. The girl on reception that answered the phone was really friendly and said this should be no problem. We had pre-paid over the phone with no hassle, but did hear a friend was told they could not do this so maybe different staff members do things different. On arrival the girl on reception was really nice and even kept the present we had brought behind the counter as we were leaving for the wedding soon anyway. We were able to book taxis easily at reception and they could stop at the door so were easily visible. The rooms were decent with the usual limited tv channels dressing table, iron, but clean throughout. Before we left we had a couple of drinks at the bar. I did feel drinks were slightly over priced as I was nearly £9 for two spirits and mixers. On return from the wedding we had another few drinks in the bar and found staff very friendly throughout. Unfortunately I never tried the leisure facilities, but did seem to find trouble locating my room on a couple of occasions, but this could have had more to do with alcohol consumed. I went down for breakfast at about 9.30pm and there was a decent selection. Plenty of cereals and juice before moving onto the hot selection, which included haggis. This pleased me as I really like it with a hot breakfast. We were offered tea and coffee, however, toast was on the hot plate next to the other food so I could never be sure just how fresh it was, but I detest cold toast so I suppose this method was better. Overall a decent stay and our room was good value at about £60 bed and breakfast. However, I have just remembered I was awoken by a dog barking at 7.30am, which was totally unexpected and not what you want when you didn't get to bed till late on so I suppose I will have to deduct sleep quality a point despite the bed being really comfortable.

Room Tip: Remember your route to you room as one wrong turn and you're in a suite!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

It is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a wedding in the area.

I will share your comments about our friendly staff to the team.

dumfires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed two nights. Got a good deal through the holiday inn website. Was upgraded to an executive room on check in. The room was a good size but was let down but the decor. Lots of patch up jobs in the bathroom on tiles and pipes. This resulted in what is a nice good size bathroom looking a little shabby. The bed was huge and comfortable. The furniture in the room was past its best. Scratched and faded. But overall it was a good room. We had a good size flat tv. Also a mini bar that was well stocked but we never used. Never had any problem with noise and we were close to the lifts.
The breakfast was good. Always lots of choice. Ate in the restraunt on 1st night. I wasn't sure what to expect but was really impressed. The food was great, freshly cooked and tasted amazing. Was really impressed. The bar area was also nice. Saw people there eatting pizzas they also looked really nice.
Used the swimming pool twice. That was nice. Changing areas a little small, also quite messy on the first visit with lots of discarded towels on floor. Why people couldn't put them in the towel drop just outside the changing rooms is beyond me. Didn't use the gym area but it looks good and well equipped. Had some treatments in the spas all of these were really good and good value. They had some really good mid week deals. The posters said for march but don't know what they would offer the rest of the year.
The hotel staff were efficient and friendly. Booked us a cab to the local train station for a trip to Glasgow. Which was quick and easy. Overall I would recommend this hotel but try to get a deal on the cost as the 'rack' rate advertised in the hotel reception was really expensive

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to make use of all of our facilities.

I appreciate your comments regarding room décor & furnishings; the hotel is due to start refurbishment of the bedrooms later this year & into 2015. We now have our new TVs in all our bedrooms & our Wi-Fi has been upgraded.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had requested a nice quiet room, away from the bins, stairs and flyover! As I was staying for 2 weeks. I wanted a peaceful time. No problem.
It was very clean, tidy and comfortable.

The free Wi-Fi was a little lacking – I had a lot of trouble connecting – and it was very slow. No SkyGo for me.
The sink had a crack across but it did not cause any problems.
TV was a little antiquated but hey…these are small issues for me.

The staff were so very friendly and helpful. I got an extra duvet (Yup – Southern Softie – feels the chill), extra hangers and good advice on local amenities.
Nothing was too much trouble.

The food was great, a varied menu (including the bar menu). I stayed for 2 weeks whilst up on business so I had plenty of time to try the menu choices. I tried to take the chef home but was not allowed.

Admittedly, the hotel is a little tired in places but to be fair it is undergoing various upgrades / improvements. Wi-Fi, new TV’s, new chairs in the dining area etc. These improvements all take time. It would be nice to have them all done overnight, but we all know commerce does not work this way.

I heard plenty of people making negative “comments” regarding this hotel. May I say – if you have any niggle – TALK TO THE STAFF. How can they fix something if they do not know you have an issue? They are amazing.

I would certainly recommend this Holiday Inn and would have no hesitation to return on business or for leisure.

Thanks to all the staff for making me so welcome.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank for leaving a positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow – East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while staying on business.

Our new TV’s have now been installed & our WIFI service is in the first stages of upgrade.

I shall ensure all your kind comments are passed over to our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We've always tended to stay here when we come up to visit friends in the area, but were really surprised at how shabby the hotel has become!
I fully agree with the previous reviewer that standards have slipped!
The hotel needs a full upgrade, although some licks of paint wouldn't go amiss - and that's easy to do!
Our room was OK, but the housekeeping left a lot to be desired! Our room wasn't vacuumed when we checked in, nor had it been vacuumed when we left 2 days later!
The bed had the duvet thrown back over the bed, but the pillows hadn't been touched from when we got up that morning!
We had clean towels and bins had been emptied, but they couldn't have been in the room for more than 5 minutes!
The bedroom fittings - including the ancient tv - are well past their sell by date and I'm sure are the same ones from when the hotel opened in 1991 - 23 years is disgraceful!
Our bathroom door had been "painted" on the inside but to be frank it just looked like someone had applied undercoat and left it!
We didn't have breakfast this time because we found it poor on our last visit, and to be told on check-in that if we booked the night before we could have it for £10 instead of £13 in the morning didn't inspire our confidence! Even £20 for the 2 of us for a mediocre, cold, unappetising buffet was more than steep! Cost us half that outside!
We also found the wifi slow and to have separate passwords and logins for EACH device is just plain bizarre!
On the positive side we found all the staff we came in contact with, friendly, professional and polite.
I mentioned my comments on check-out and the receptionist said "new tvs were coming" and refurbishment was planned, and she'd let housekeeping know of my comments.
I'm an IHG member and sadly find this hotel letting the brand down and am not sure we'll stay there next visit - there are several options to choose from that are also less expensive!
Not as good as it was sums it up I'm afraid!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Reception Supervisor at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as your previous visits to the Holiday Inn – East Kilbride.

Our new TV’s are now in place in all our bedrooms and our WIFI upgrade is due for completion this week.

I apologise that the housekeeping in your room was not up to standard, this is unacceptable and shall be investigated and I will ensure improvements are made.

As a repeat guest, I hope this experience does not deter you from visiting us again, and if you are returning to East Kilbride to visit friends, please contact me directly on nightsmgr@hieastkilbride.com.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Vicky Neilson
Reception Supervisor

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!