“End of Holiday Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn East Kilbride

You added Holiday Inn East Kilbride to your Saves list
Holiday Inn East Kilbride
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stewartfield Way, East Kilbride G74 5LA, Scotland (Formerly Hilton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Oldmeldrum, Scotland, United Kingdom
“End of Holiday Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel with my wife on our way back to Aberdeenshire from Ibiza. I could not face the 3 1/2 hour drive after a three hour flight. It also gave us a chance to meet up with our son and daughter-in-law who stay in East Kilbride. The receptionist was most welcoming and efficient although we did confuse her as previous bookings had been made in my wife's name.
Although there was a wedding party present the bar staff were helpful and courteous even to the point of carrying our drinks over to our table. The room was spacious and comfortable but no biscuits with the tea/coffee. Also, the beds were rather mobile leading to next door's banging against our wall at 2:00 am. Although we did not make use of the leisure facilities this time, they looked good and we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for leaving a positive review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Blyth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just returned from our4th visit service was good as usual but one or two waitresses at breakfast time could be taught how to smile now to breakfast the cooked selection was brilliant as usual but the fruit juices I am sure is powdered if not a very very low grade the selection of fruit has been greatly reduced as has the choice of yogurts it is well seen that cut backs have been made and dare I say £2.90 For a small pot of tea slightly over the top and very noticeable towels only changed every other day and the small biscuits in the bedroom conspicuous by there absence but having said all that o probably will return

Room Tip: Can get noisy at night chose a room if possible at the end of the corridors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations on your previous stay. This is not the normal standards that we work to and have passed your comments onto our operations team.

I am however pleased to hear that you will return to the hotel again in the future. Should you wish to return please contact me directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stay here very often and although the rooms could do with being updated the staff are so very friendly and the food is really excellent. Brought my wife with me this last time. We were surprised and really pleased to find a bottle of wine in the room as a welcome gift. Very nice thought! Vicky, Daria, David, Jen, Amy, Ashleigh, Claire-Louise and all of the others, you make such a difference to the hotel. Thank you all so much. We had a lovely stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive and kind review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments have been passed onto our team.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A large group of us attended this location for a brewery tour. The staff were extremely friendly and made us all feel welcome.
We all had tasters of the beer they brew and a bit of lunch. Food was excellent and the beer was good too.
I will definately be back for some more beer and food.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is probably the most run down Holiday Inn we have ever seen. The room was clean but very worn. The TV was a smallish CRT job housed in a dark wood cabinet with opening doors. We thought the kettle being housed beneath the set might have been a health and safety issue.
What little information was in the room was out of date and did not even have the current names of Health club and restaurant correct.
The on screen information typical of Holiday Inns was impossible to read as screen resembled a snowstorm, further reason to upgrade TV.

There was a leak in the foyer roof and rainwater was being collected in buckets.

On a positive note, we were given complimentary Wi-Fi and the food in the restaurant was excellent. All staff we encountered were very friendly but professional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

I am sorry that on this occasion at the Holiday Inn we did not manage to meet your expectations. Your comments have been forwarded onto our Maintenance Manager and General Manager for further investigation.

I hope that your recent stay does not deter any future stays at the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked this hotel with IHG loyalty points, so it was effectively free. I didn't have high hopes, but the hotel exceeded them easily. The rooms are dated, but clean. The TV's are also from another era, and the wi-fi didn't work in my room, but I had a 3g signal on my Blackberry so that was fine. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The large swimming pool is a very welcome bonus, it was very quiet on a Saturday evening, busier on a Sunday morning, it is a leisure club so there are non-guests using it too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed your experience in our bedrooms and made use of our complimentary onsite leisure complex. The WiFi and Televisions throughout the hotel are currently under review with view to a system upgrade in the near future.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Lomma, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel are average in all aspects, old furnitures and style. But very clean.
Does its job. Been here many times in business. The location is a bit off, you need a taxi to the town for a meal. I tried the restaurant once, and it was not very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

I am sorry to hear that on your recent visit we were unable to meet your expectations.

Should you return to the hotel in the future please don’t hesitate to contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com

Rooms Manager

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!