“Very good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bracknell
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Very good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Loved this hotel was very clean, friendly staff, rooms are excellent we had a family room which had ample space, used the hotel facilities ie: gym sauna and pool.
Breakfast was excellent plenty of choice for all.
Would definatley stay here again x

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Braintree, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to give our boys an extra treat when visiting Lego land and stay over night at a hotel with pool facilities. On arrival we were impressed with the hotel, looks like a hotel from a ski resort, the receptionist was very welcoming but there was no offer of help with our bags or sight of the concierge, thankfully we did not have much as only staying for one night. The room was fantastic two massive rooms divided by an arch, the children had their own television, very nicely decorated with a sitting area consisting of a settee, armchair, table and chairs , both rooms leading onto a balcony, tea facilities and dressing gowns which is always a nice added touch when staying over night, plenty of towels, plus ironing board facilities. We dined in the restaurant in the evening only a main course as our children were very tired but the service was impeccable and the food was divine. The next morning we had breakfast which I could not find fault, all fresh and plenty of choice and once again the service was very good and all staff very attentive. My only complaint is the spa facilities, the reason for me only giving a scoring of 3, really let's the hotel down, the pool area is in serious need of refurbishment. The tiles round the pool were disgraceful, take your flip flops!! the jacuzzi was not hot enough actually to a point it was cold, there were tiles missing off the bottom of the pool that I was afraid to actually stand on the floor, the sauna was so hot I couldn't even sit on the bottom level of the benches and the towels given were not a touch on the quality provided in the hotel rooms. The changing rooms needed to be replaced no bleach would help there. Such a shame because if they gave the spa facilities an up lift if would be a fantastic hotel all round, but we didn't let this stop us having a good time and you know children a pool is a pool! So they had great fun. Please Coppid Beech give your pool some TLC and we would come back!

Room Tip: If your interested in luxury spa facilities, It's NOT the hotel for you they are very poor but t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Monaghan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had originally booked a double room but recieved a twin, didn't report it to reception as I was allowed to check in early as the room was available. It was only me staying in the room so it didn't matter too much. Rooms were clean but a little dated. They had everything you would need. There were some stains on the bath and the wall in the bathroom, Breakfast in the morning was lovely. Most of the staff were nice except for a couple. I went to the leisure club when I was there, it was small but had everything you would need, the changing facilities and pool felt a little grubby.I had an issue on departure, My room was paid in advance and on check-out i was told i had £60 outstanding on the bill as i charged dinner to my room. I didn't charge anything to my room, I paid as I went along. Took a long time to resolve leaving me late for my meeting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to the Coppid Beech last weekend for one night away with ten girlfriends to celebrate five "special" birthdays. I thought that the package we purchased of one nights accommodation, dinner and breakfast was extremely reasonable. The rooms were very clean with comfortable beds. Our room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the ski lift and was very quiet. The food both on Saturday night and for breakfast on Sunday was excellent. A few of my friends went to the spa which they said looked in need of a bit of tlc. A great place for a girls trip away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hastings
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here with a large group of hens back in October. Checking in was very slow. We headed straight up to our bedrooms and I was pleasantly surprised that their website was a true reflection of the standard of the room (except for the piles of pigeon poo on the balcony which clearly hadn't been swept in some time!). The beds were very comfortable!

We got changed and headed down to the spa (girls, remember to pack your flip-flops!) and were given a towel when we arrived. We were so disappointed with the Spa; the floor tiles were broken and mouldy and the floor was so slippery I nearly fell twice before I'd even reached poolside! The pool and jacuzzi were crammed with other hens and it was very noisy, no chance of relaxing. We had to wait about 30 minutes before we could get into either of them. There seemed to be some giant puddle in one corner of the room which took up so much space that the deck chairs were all crammed in together, which also meant you were lucky to get a deck chair. We only stayed in there for an hour or so and got ready in our rooms.

We went down to dinner and were a little confused that dinner was served in the bar with club music playing and we kept thinking we'd come into the wrong restaurant. Even for us younger ones in the group, we felt this was a little bit too much and we got so sick of shouting at each other over dinner that we stopped talking! I enjoyed my starter but dinner and dessert were very bland and I couldn't even eat the chocolate dessert as it was so inedible. After dinner a band called Daft! played and I have to say, the band was probably the best part of the whole weekend; they covered just about everything and took requests even some of our random ones!

After midnight they closed the bar so we had to go on to the nightclub. It was like a cattle market full of older men with all these hens running around; it was quite comical. The bar was quite pricey so I only bought a couple of drinks and headed to the dancefloor. The music wasn't my taste but we all made the most of it and had a good time. Very strict bouncers though!

I think it was roughly £75 per person, per night B&B (breakfast was great) plus use of the spa, 3 course meal and free entry into their nightclub. For that price, I guess beggars can't be choosers but I wish we went to the ski resort across the road instead of the spa!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one away from the lifts as the hotel was quite busy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Arrived on Saturday afternoon, liked the look of the hotel from the outside, Swiss chalet-style look, appropriate as it is located next to the ski slope. Walked in to reception, nice and large opening out into the bar. Receptionist was efficient in checking us in.

Liked the idea of the aquariums on every floor being visible from the lobby. Walked to our room at the end of the corridor, and was a little worried when the door to our room was only a couple of feet away from the doors either side of it, as we had booked a suite, and have been disappointed in the past with what hotels call a "suite".

Lovely surprise to see a corridor leading to a large living area with desk, sofa and tv, with an archway leading to the bedroom area,which was also quite large, and a fridge, nice touch.Bathroom with a jacuzzi (very nice), his and hers sinks, small shower though and a bidet, possibly could have lived without that and had a bigger shower.

Dinner in the evening was very nice, service was quite good. My wife noticed that I was one of the few males that she had seen in the hotel, and when she mentioned this, it transpired that they hotel does a raging trade on pamper days at the weekend. That is probably why the cocktails are so reasonably priced, wish they would upgrade to Stella or Kronenbourg, for me personally

Made it to breakfast just before the rush, the hotel was obviously busy but had not seemed it the night before with all the different options for people in the evening. Only criticism of breakfast was, no fried eggs on the buffet breakfast.

Overall though was very happy with this hotel, and would recommend it to anybody, especially a suite, slightly more expensive, but thought it was worth it.

Room Tip: Choose a suite, worth the money
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SURREY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Went for a divorce girls weekend. Hotel has everything under one roof. Felt like I had arrived at a holiday resort. Enjoyed lounge area and relaxing with few cocktails followed by afternoon spa relax. (This does need a little TLC). Back to pleasant room, just what you need. Bathrobes, fridge tea coffee facilities. Beds very comfy. Then dinner at the live bar venue. Few hen parties followed by mix of birthday and divorce group. DJ played good mix party music with band adding to the mix. This was a great party vibe and enjoyed by all. DJ and band great. Finished about 12.00 then onto club next door till 3.00 am. As you eat in this venue it gives access to club for free. All in all a very enjoyable girlie weekend. Breakfast was worth getting up for. Checkout also very quick smooth. I personally had a great time with the girls and the hotel worked out well for this type of weekend. Mix of residents from meeting conventions to wedding receptions to hen parties or just weekend away. Not so sure ideal for romantic couple weekend.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Coppid Beech Hotel? Share your experiences!